I was against the sacking of Rohr- Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
I was against the sacking of Rohr- Eguavoen

Post by Dammy »

I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I was against the sacking of Rohr- Eguavoen

Post by maceo4 »

DUHHHH!!!!! This is why I can't bring myself to throw insults at Egu. He NEVER wanted to be placed in that position, but WAS FORCED to accept the call once his bosses pulled the trigger and gave him that role in interim. He was moving himself away from coaching roles and was happy with a director's role. He actually supported **** and wanted him to continue but was forced to do what he had to do. The blame should be on the NFF for how they handled the firing and bungling a permanent replacement that kept FORCING Egu into an interim role he clearly did not want or bargain for. ATEODD they will scapegoat him as they've done firing all the coaches and the likes of VE will celebrate while the real folks killing our footie persist.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:05 pm DUHHHH!!!!! This is why I can't bring myself to throw insults at Egu. He NEVER wanted to be placed in that position, but WAS FORCED to accept the call once his bosses pulled the trigger and gave him that role in interim. He was moving himself away from coaching roles and was happy with a director's role. He actually supported **** and wanted him to continue but was forced to do what he had to do. The blame should be on the NFF for how they handled the firing and bungling a permanent replacement that kept FORCING Egu into an interim role he clearly did not want or bargain for. ATEODD they will scapegoat him as they've done firing all the coaches and the likes of VE will celebrate while the real folks killing our footie persist.
I get your point and I understand he will be the sacrificial lamb but he gets no pity from me. If you know you’re not up to the job, then don’t accept the role. The whole nation was counting on you to get it done. Now he has lost both the coaching & TD role.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:05 pm DUHHHH!!!!! This is why I can't bring myself to throw insults at Egu. He NEVER wanted to be placed in that position, but WAS FORCED to accept the call once his bosses pulled the trigger and gave him that role in interim. He was moving himself away from coaching roles and was happy with a director's role. He actually supported **** and wanted him to continue but was forced to do what he had to do. The blame should be on the NFF for how they handled the firing and bungling a permanent replacement that kept FORCING Egu into an interim role he clearly did not want or bargain for. ATEODD they will scapegoat him as they've done firing all the coaches and the likes of VE will celebrate while the real folks killing our footie persist.
Then Eguavoen must either have a very poor sense of decision making or is too much of a yes man to accept a role he wasn't ready for...which goes to show they (Eguavoen and NFF alike) are all part of the problem of Nigerian football...even Eguavoen himself is too outdated and unqualified based on his footballing IQ and poor resume to be the technical director of our football in the first place. We keep appointing mediocre individuals into all the fabrics of our leadership structures in Nigeria, that's why Nigeria keeps suffering until we finally get it right. I have absolutely no sympathy for Eguavoen, he made his own bed and lay on it cause nobody forced him to accept the coaching job.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i was 100% behind and in full support of the sacking of **** the only error we made was not sacking him after the 2-1 loss to Argentina in 2018
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:39 pm
Then Eguavoen must either have a very poor sense of decision making or is too much of a yes man to accept a role he wasn't ready for...which goes to show they (Eguavoen and NFF alike) are all part of the problem of Nigerian football...even Eguavoen himself is too outdated and unqualified based on his footballing IQ and poor resume to be the technical director of our football in the first place. We keep appointing mediocre individuals into all the fabrics of our leadership structures in Nigeria, that's why Nigeria keeps suffering until we finally get it right. I have absolutely no sympathy for Eguavoen, he made his own bed and lay on it cause nobody forced him to accept the coaching job.
I hear you but he also didn’t put himself there nor did he ask for the job. How can he just turn down his boss’ request to help out the country in a time of need? They said take the team to ANC and a permanent coach will take over. He obliges then his team performs better than expected at the ANC. At that point do you expect him to turn down the job to continue after the ANC? He’s always said if my country calls on me I will always answer the call as a patriot. It’s the same thing with Musa, he’s not the one forcing himself on the SE, if they call him he will honor the call up, but it’s picnic forcing him on the coaches (Both LC and FCs). It’s not about feeling bad for Egu but more so channeling the anger and blame in the right direction.

We’ve seen interim coaches in club footie all the time and no one blames them if they are not able to right the ship, it’s full time managers that bear the brunt when they don’t perform. Why is this any different? He was still an interim coach during the Ghana matches…while Ghana had hired a full time coach…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:13 am
I hear you but he also didn’t put himself there nor did he ask for the job. How can he just turn down his boss’ request to help out the country in a time of need? They said take the team to ANC and a permanent coach will take over. He obliges then his team performs better than expected at the ANC. At that point do you expect him to turn down the job to continue after the ANC? He’s always said if my country calls on me I will always answer the call as a patriot. It’s the same thing with Musa, he’s not the one forcing himself on the SE, if they call him he will honor the call up, but it’s picnic forcing him on the coaches (Both LC and FCs). It’s not about feeling bad for Egu but more so channeling the anger and blame in the right direction.

We’ve seen interim coaches in club footie all the time and no one blames them if they are not able to right the ship, it’s full time managers that bear the brunt when they don’t perform. Why is this any different? He was still an interim coach during the Ghana matches…while Ghana had hired a full time coach…
The weird part about this is that it was our worst performance at an AFCON since 1982. We'd made the quarters at least in every tournament attended since that time. Essentially there was one good result against a side that is at best equivalent to Naija outside of one world class talent, and he was the permanent manager. It really makes me think that the funds were not there to get a real manager and this was the excuse. It was laughable that he took us to AFCON in the first place, given that this would be the main opportunity for a new manager to appraise the squad. The whole thing stinks of ulterior motives and corruption.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He is coming back one day.

https://punchng.com/i-want-to-coach-eag ... 1649134393
I want to coach Eagles again – Eguavoen

Johnny Edward
5 April 2022

Despite failing to qualify the Super Eagles for the Qatar 2022 World Cup, Austin Eguavoen is still dreaming of another chance to lead the team, PUNCH Sports Extra reports.

Eguavoen had coached the team to a bronze medal place at the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations, before serving in interim capacity in 2010, after the departure of Lars Lagerback, before Samson Siasia was appointed.

The 56-year-old, who stepped down from his position as interim coach of the Eagles after archrivals Ghana forced Nigeria to a 1-1 draw in Abuja, to qualify for Qatar 2022 on the away goal rule, insisted he remained one of the best coaches in the country.

“If there is still an opportunity for me, I will want to coach the Eagles again, but not at this moment, maybe later,” Eguavoen said during SuperSports’ program, Monday Night Football.

“If I’m called upon to lead the team again, I will definitely take up the job. I’m still one of the good coaches in the country. I can still prove a point it’s just a matter of time.

“No regrets taking up the job. When you are called to serve the nation I could not refuse them.”

Eguavoen also blamed his side’s lack of character and courage in the second leg in Abuja as a major reason they lost the game.

“We lacked the character, zeal to beat Ghana when it mattered most,” he added.

“The Ghanaians showed they wanted it more than our boys and that was why it ended that way. We didn’t do any of that. We did not fight or push enough for the winner and how do you do that? It is with fast-paced football, creating chances but that didn’t happen.

“In Kumasi, the Ghanaians were better but in Abuja, the Eagles were the better side but could not win.

“The games between Ghana and Nigeria are always very difficult. If we had lost in Kumasi or in Abuja, I would have regarded myself as a failure but we lost on away goal. We didn’t lose the game but we lost the ticket to qualify for the World Cup.”

He also debunked claims that he was fired by the NFF, insisting he resigned from his position.

“After the game, there were lots of emotions running through and after 48 hours I wrote to the NFF thanking them for the opportunity they gave me to lead the team. The target was to qualify for the World Cup but we did not achieve that, hence I stepped down and went back to my office as Technical Director of the NFF.”

He recorded four wins, two draws and a defeat during his three-month spell at the Eagles helm.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Listening to Ifeanyi Udeze show on radio now, just alleged that the five coaches on our bench and annoyingly all ex players didn't notice that the Ghanaian team had switched to a back five and it took one of the strikers on the bench to bring it to their notice.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:52 pm i was 100% behind and in full support of the sacking of **** the only error we made was not sacking him after the 2-1 loss to Argentina in 2018
So you are now trying to suggest you were against his sacking after that for timing reasons??
You lie.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why single out VE?
What of the army of CE campaigners wey no ‘gree us hear word to sack Rohr NOW???

You can’t blame the NFF yet exonerate all those who by their words were fully in agreement with their actions.
If they were in a position to, they’d have done the exact same thing.
So why are they now all acting like they’d have acted differently on that catastrophic decision?

Let’s not even talk about the insults to those who advised caution.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:31 am
Listening to Ifeanyi Udeze show on radio now, just alleged that the five coaches on our bench and annoyingly all ex players didn't notice that the Ghanaian team had switched to a back five and it took one of the strikers on the bench to bring it to their notice.
I am sure you don’t believe the allegation?

Eguavoen’s problem started from Onyeka’s injury where he rushed to replace him at halftime (which seems like the right thing to do) without considering the reasons for Ghana’s halftime change of 2 players at once, which was a sign of a tactical change.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 am
imehjunior wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:31 am
I am sure you don’t believe the allegation?

Eguavoen’s problem started from Onyeka’s injury where he rushed to replace him at halftime (which seems like the right thing to do) without considering the reasons for Ghana’s halftime change of 2 players at once, which was a sign of a tactical change.
Baba, I do believe him. He repeated it several times and was upset over it. He is normally measured on his show and defer to ex players a lot. This time he didn't spare them.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 am
Why single out VE?
What of the army of CE campaigners wey no ‘gree us hear word to sack Rohr NOW???

You can’t blame the NFF yet exonerate all those who by their words were fully in agreement with their actions.
If they were in a position to, they’d have done the exact same thing.
So why are they now all acting like they’d have acted differently on that catastrophic decision?

Let’s not even talk about the insults to those who advised caution.
Probably because VE was actually present in both camps...He was one of those loudly calling for ****'s sack and those now calling/cheering for Egu's sack...he's literally the best example to use...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Any reasonable person would be against it. Egu is a reasonable man but just a bad coach.

The people who wanted Rohr sacked were doing it for emotional reasons. He was on target to qualify and I believe he would have been able to get the required results to qualify. Some complained that we didn't qualify for the 2nd round of the 2018 World Cup so Rohr should be sacked, even though our group had Croatia (eventual finalists) and Argentina. How about not qualifying at all with your LC? Does that make you happier? :rotf:

As much as I'm pained that we didn't qualify, a part of me has zero sympathies for these arrogant people. They got exactly what they deserved. The painful lessons will continue until we collectively learn to be humble and focus on the right things.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:06 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:52 pm i was 100% behind and in full support of the sacking of **** the only error we made was not sacking him after the 2-1 loss to Argentina in 2018
So you are now trying to suggest you were against his sacking after that for timing reasons??
You lie.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Read that post again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why didn't you say this when he was using Draft to mesmerize cellular about Nigerian playing philosophy or when he luckily beat Egypt?

Abeg gerrarahia. Did the Ghanaian coach that was hired literally 3 weeks before the WC qualifier in Kumasi want his predecessor fired? Eguavoen is a piss poor coach , period!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:55 am Why didn't you say this when he was using Draft to mesmerize cellular about Nigerian playing philosophy or when he luckily beat Egypt?

Abeg gerrarahia. Did the Ghanaian coach that was hired literally 3 weeks before the WC qualifier in Kumasi want his predecessor fired? Eguavoen is a piss poor coach , period!
Is the Ghana coach an interim/fill in coach or a fully hired coach? Yes Egu is piss poor, like most interim coaches. Did the NFF not have enough time to go find a full time coach/TA? Ghana hired both a TA and a full time coach in less time. Yet NFF couldn’t raise the funds or find a full time coach or TA to hire in how many months since they fired the previous one. So they assigned an interim guy who hasn’t coached in umpteen years to handle an assignment worth over 12million dollars to them. We can see which has a serious FA between Ghana and Nigeria…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:55 am Why didn't you say this when he was using Draft to mesmerize cellular about Nigerian playing philosophy or when he luckily beat Egypt?

:clap: I can't believe some people are still trying to justify Egu's garbage, the guy is utterly useless.