Sunday Oliseh must be the next SE coach if we are to move forward

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Sunday Oliseh must be the next SE coach if we are to move forward

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The NFF should give him a five year contract, the AFCON has 24 teams, there are two AFCONS before the WC in 2026 the SE will be winning . He must get a free hand and his back room fillers must all be paid by the NFF and not out of Sunday's pay check.

The Worldcup we are going to win in 2026 will have 9 and 1/4 CAF teams. We must hope CAF has a way to ensure the likes of Nigeria, Cameroon, Egypt, CIV ghana ,Senegal etc,avoid each other or better yet 2 teams qualify from a group and so on and so fort .

it is very vital Oliseh is given all the support he needs to change the weak mentality **** installed on our football and footballers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Sunday Oliseh must be the next SE coach if we are to move forward

Post by joao »

Even if Oliseh gets a twenty-year contract, if he is not given a free hand to select players that fits his
system, the odds of him succeeding are slim to none. BTW, how is he going to be able get his 'oga them'
to arrange appropriate friendlies and improve on those unnecessary dramatics our NFF are known for?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Also no easy press access to the training , especially from that loser elegebTV , ban all those jokers lurking around during training etc
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

joao wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:13 pm Even if Oliseh gets a twenty-year contract, if he is not given a free hand to select players that fits his
system, the odds of him succeeding are slim to none. BTW, how is he going to be able get his 'oga them'
to arrange appropriate friendlies and improve on those unnecessary dramatics our NFF are known for?
The coaches always have a free hand to select their players, at least 90% of the players. Eguavoen was given a free hand to invite players hence why players like Ndah, Nwakali and Onazi got selected. Let’s stop the misinformation.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Lolly wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 am
joao wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:13 pm Even if Oliseh gets a twenty-year contract, if he is not given a free hand to select players that fits his
The coaches always have a free hand to select their players, at least 90% of the players. Eguavoen was given a free hand to invite players hence why players like Ndah, Nwakali and Onazi got selected. Let’s stop the misinformation.
He and Amunike stated so yesterday. Said no one imposed any player on them.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:34 am
People are just looking for excuses.
You can tell that the problem is endemic in Nigerian society.
Majority of the analyses and recommendations are just clutching at straws … agenda driven.
Local coach. Foreign coach. Local born. Foreign born. Local based. Foreign based. Personality politics. Ethnic politics. Northern players. Quota systems. 4-4-2. 4-3-3. Ajebotas. African style. Nigerian style.
These are all from ‘expert’ fans that claim to know where the problem is and what to do. Just on CE alone o.
Put them there, it’ll be no different.

Now it’s about “free hand”.
As if. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

These i.d.i.o.t.s turned the national team into a REHAB Center :(
Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 am
imehjunior wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:34 am
People are just looking for excuses.
You can tell that the problem is endemic in Nigerian society.
Majority of the analyses and recommendations are just clutching at straws … agenda driven.
Local coach. Foreign coach. Local born. Foreign born. Local based. Foreign based. Personality politics. Ethnic politics. Northern players. Quota systems. 4-4-2. 4-3-3. Ajebotas. African style. Nigerian style.
These are all from ‘expert’ fans that claim to know where the problem is and what to do. Just on CE alone o.
Put them there, it’ll be no different.

Now it’s about “free hand”.
As if. :roll:
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

If Sunday Oliseh is selected as the next Super Eagles coach I'll rest my case and interest in supporting and following our national team.
I'm a die hard supporter of the Super Eagles and have supported them since childhood (since 1997).
You can imagine how much hope and promise on the one hand and pain, disappointment on the other hand I have experienced over these years.(like many other passionate SE supporters)
I always felt we massively underachieved on the word stage considering the potential and passion Nigerians have (for the game).

But I now feel we are on a point of history where we are doing the same mistakes over an over again and failure is predetermined by avoidable and obvious wrong decisions.

It's wrong to recycle a (local) coach who earned a reputation as being stubborn and often gets into conflicts with players who shall built the foundation of a team. Thomas Tuchel is said to be such a coach, too. But he is less stubborn than Oliseh but has prooven to be a tactitcal mastermind in opposition to Oliseh.
How in the world would any sane organisation install such a difficult character and an unproven coach as their coach to guide them in the future after such an embarrassing failure? We need healing and decide to open old wounds. Insane.

Don't get carried away. Coaching isn't our only problem. I must admit I had high hopes when Pinnick started. He looked promising at first. And I don't mind an NFF president who goes all-in in a strategy he believes in. He neglected the grass route development and the local league in Nigeria and was keen to persuade promising talents with dual-nationality to play for us. But he failed woefully in his approach and even more: He made us look ridiculous.
It's time for an NFF president who has a long-term idea how to make the local league a hot brand on the continent. The potential is actually there. We have a few well managed clubs like Remo Stars and compliant sponsors who want to invest.
We need to prevent our players from moving to backwater leagues in Europe just to make their living and depend on european structures and decision makers. I'm convinced many talents fall under the radar this way.
I hope I'll live to see that Nigerian players will have to decide between a strong nigerian league (financially and football wise) and the top ten leagues in Europe.
And we need a developing system that guides young talents from our acedemies to the strongest teams in the nigerian league.

It's a double standard to blame those who support a foreign coach for SE (considering the lacking local options who are truly competent enough) and at the same time ignoring the dependence on the white man when it comes to developing and guiding our own talents.
In conclusion, Nigeria needs to adress their dependence on the white man in various dimensions (player development, coaching degrees, level of competition in the leagues). Only those who find their own ways, will be truly successful in world football.

I rest my case.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well NFF and the sports minister had a final meeting on the situation and concluded a foreign technical adviser will be appointed to be supported by a consortium of local coaches.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:32 pm Well NFF and the sports minister had a final meeting on the situation and concluded a foreign technical adviser will be appointed to be supported by a consortium of local coaches.
The problem with Nigeria is planning, in all we do planning....

This should be the time to press the reset button, get a proper structure in place.....

Get Seyi/Emenalo as Technical director and get an enigmatic, progressive YOUNG manger in place.

The list presently is rich of good mangers:

Slaven Bilic
Rudi Garcia
Philip Cocu
Paco Lopez
Niko Kovac
Laurent Blanc
Joachim Low
Poyet
stam
Diego Matinez
Vilas- Boas
Aitor karanka
jokanovic

These aint really marquee names so will be tempted by a great project headed by Seyi/Emenalo

if you need old try:
Terim
Puel
Favre
benitez

We dont need Mourinho....We need someone that will believe and run with the project.

Ppl want to be part of something successful.....show them it can be....but start from the top
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........