Troost-Ekong Headed to MLS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Troost-Ekong Headed to MLS?

Post by Enugu II »

LA Galaxy set to swoop in for Super Eagles star
Kelvin Omachonu by Kelvin Omachonu 1 hour ago in MLS, News, NewsNow 0
LA Galaxy set to swoop in for Super Eagles star
https://soccernet.ng/2022/04/la-galaxy- ... -star.html
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

The Nigeria international has struggled to get enough playing time in the Premier League this season, and the former MLS champions are looking to lure him

American Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy is looking to sign Super Eagles vice-captain William Troost-Ekong from Watford on a loan deal.

Troost-Ekong was brilliant for Watford in their promotion from the Championship to the Premier League last season. However, he has struggled to replicate such performances this season.

The Watford defender has struggled for game time since the appointment of manager Roy Hodgson. Troost-Ekong hasn’t kicked a ball for the Hornets since their 1-0 to Tottenham on the 1st of January.

In fact, Watford has conceded in all the Premier League games that the Nigeria international has featured in.

However, Troost-Ekong could be on his way out of Vicarage road soon, as CBS journalist Roger Gonzalez reports that LA Galaxy is looking to secure his services on a loan deal.

The Major League Soccer side is looking to add to their squad, and they have identified the Udinese man as a suitable option.

The 28-year-old still has three years left on his Watford contract.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Troost-Ekong Headed to MLS?

Post by packerland »

That’s his level if we are being honest.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:51 pm That’s his level if we are being honest.
Sad but true.
This is the problem with appointing captains based almost solely on seniority.
When they lose form, they still occupy space.
We were stuck with Musa.
Now we might be stuck with Troost.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:51 pm That’s his level if we are being honest.
Is the same true fir rhe Ghanaian players playing in MLS who just schooled SE? Can tge SE beat an all MLS team USA?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 pm
Sad but true.
This is the problem with appointing captains based almost solely on seniority.
When they lose form, they still occupy space.
We were stuck with Musa.
Now we might be stuck with Troost.
Well the new coach has only one job...
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

mugus forget that Cameroons best defender plays for Seattle Sounders - The best MLS franchise
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:13 pm mugus forget that Cameroons best defender plays for Seattle Sounders - The best MLS franchise
Really, I thought the top scorer at AFCON was playing in the Big 5 leasgues in Europe, No? :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:15 pm
Is the same true fir rhe Ghanaian players playing in MLS who just schooled SE? Can tge SE beat an all MLS team USA?
A very good and pertinent question, especially when you consider that Nigeria has never beaten the US in soccer❗️

Cheers.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Don't know how true this is, but many herein are still fixated on what league
a player plies his trade in, to judge his eligibility for the national team. Like most
arguments tendered herein by the 'loudest' ITKs, they tend not to acknowledge that in
team sports, success is more about team cohesion than how talented individual players are,
or what leagues they play in.
How many Canadia, Tunisian, or Ecuadorian players are in EPL, La Liga, or your favorite top
league? I wish you ITKs can come here after the world cup, and debate honestly on how you
highly rated league players perform.

Troost-Ekong might just find the coach that brings the best out of him in the MLS than at Watford.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:47 pm
A very good and pertinent question, especially when you consider that Nigeria has never beaten the US in soccer❗️

Cheers.
Please check and correct yourself on the highlighted.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

joao wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Cheers.
There is nothing to check or correct. The topic of discussion is senior men’s football and Nigeria is 0 - 2 lifetime against the US❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Best wishes to Troost.

He has served us well from winning Bronze at the Olympics and then being a member of the team that qualified for the World Cup and winning bronze at AFCON.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

The Troost-Ekong and Balogn era is over!
We must bring in new players like Ndah and Ozornwafor, or, as i already said in another topic, bring in some reliable players from abroad, that would be Adarabioyo and Torunarigha for the centre back spot.
Another player to consider is Ajayi: he has taken the opposite way from Troost-Ekong. They have about the same age, but Ekong seems at the end of his career getting always worse, while Ajayi keeps improving since he is playing under the new coach Steve Bruce.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:09 pm
joao wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Cheers.
There is nothing to check or correct. The topic of discussion is senior men’s football and Nigeria is 0 - 2 lifetime against the US❗️

Cheers.
Sneaky and clever comeback to,
Nigeria has never beaten the US in soccer
There is nothing to check or correct.
I guess I will need to go get my money back from the night school where I learnt the language. :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

FOOKING LOSER! After fighting relegation and being downright sh1111t, he is finally going to retire at the age of 28! :rotf: :rotf: what a Loser! I dont blame him. I blame the coaches and the super eagles fans who accepted and tolerated this rubbish of a dustbin tottenham reject to not only wear our shirt, but weat our armband! I spit on you Ekong!! :curse: :curse:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Well, the US went to the quarter final of the WC with "his level" of players. The US and Canada, and even Mexico are headed to Qatar with mostly players from "his level" league.

Uncle, na we dey deceive ourselves.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

1naija wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:41 pm Well, the US went to the quarter final of the WC with "his level" of players.
The US and Canada, and even Mexico are headed to Qatar with mostly players from "his level" league.

Uncle, na we dey deceive ourselves.
:agree: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Couldn't have said it better.

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:56 pm Don't know how true this is, but many herein are still fixated on what league
a player plies his trade in, to judge his eligibility for the national team. Like most
arguments tendered herein by the 'loudest' ITKs, they tend not to acknowledge that in
team sports, success is more about team cohesion than how talented individual players are,
How many Canadia, Tunisian, or Ecuadorian players are in EPL, La Liga, or your favorite top
league? I wish you ITKs can come here after the world cup, and debate honestly on how you

Troost-Ekong might just find the coach that brings the best out of him in the MLS than at Watford.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's rak this post. Hopefully people understand the difference.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

joao wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:56 pm Don't know how true this is, but many herein are still fixated on what league

...true talk, but colo-master have overtaken Nigerians. If it isn't epl, it ain't nothing.
Many Nigerian critics can't stomach a new born league (born after 1994 world cup) like MLS is thriving, and better than what we have at home.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Some dude on this thread is badly seeking attention; e sweet too much how una ignore am with his angry tirade. Since ghana win dude has been gnashing teeth like mad hyena. Says a lot about him than the loss. Mark of healthy human is in ability to properly regulate emotion no matter what.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:52 am Some dude on this thread is badly seeking attention; e sweet too much how una ignore am with his angry tirade. Since ghana win dude has been gnashing teeth like mad hyena. Says a lot about him than the loss. Mark of healthy human is in ability to properly regulate emotion no matter what.
Sometimes a man should leave home so he can see different species. 1mbec1le!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Where you play footy matters o! The MLS is not a reflection of the core of the US team. Checkout where U.S main starters play for below:

GK
Steffen (man city); Turner (Arsenal)

Defenders
Dest (Barcelona); Robinson (Fulham); Richards (Hoffenheim), Brooks (Wolfsburg)

Midfielders
Adams (Leipzeig); Musah (Valencia); Mckennie (Juventus)

Forwards
Pefok (Young Boys); Pepi (Augsburg); Pulisic (Chelsea); Reyna (Dortmund); Weah (Lille)

If you're players don't play in big leagues then you better have continuity in your team. The Canadian and Costa Rican player shave been playing together for a long time. Heck, the like of Joel Campbell, Bryan Ruiz are still playing for Costa Rica.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

packerland wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:54 pm Where you play footy matters o! The MLS is not a reflection of the core of the US team. Checkout where U.S main starters play for below:

GK
Steffen (man city); Turner (Arsenal)

Defenders
Dest (Barcelona); Robinson (Fulham); Richards (Hoffenheim), Brooks (Wolfsburg)

Midfielders
Adams (Leipzeig); Musah (Valencia); Mckennie (Juventus)

Forwards
Pefok (Young Boys); Pepi (Augsburg); Pulisic (Chelsea); Reyna (Dortmund); Weah (Lille)

If you're players don't play in big leagues then you better have continuity in your team. The Canadian and Costa Rican player shave been playing together for a long time. Heck, the like of Joel Campbell, Bryan Ruiz are still playing for Costa Rica.
Another clever argument that hides the facts.
You very well know these listed players are not starters in most of the clubs
they are affiliated with, thus what's the big deal?
I guessed you also cleverly dodged the fact that Italy, with all their top club
starters missed the trip to Qatar while Portugal and Poland made it, with Wales
and Scotland still in contention.

Again, in team sports, a more cohesive and focused team will always overcome
a team of better individual talents with less cohesion. Please check out the team
list for WC 2014 final in Brazil {Between Argentina and Germany) and you can see
who has the better individual talent and who ends up taking home the trophy.

― Chris Hedges