Iheanacho was benched against Ghana after failing to man-mark Partey - Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iheanacho was benched against Ghana after failing to man-mark Partey - Eguavoen

Post by wanaj0 »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 pm This Egu talks too much and more he talks the more he sounds like an illiterate.

The decision Egu took in player selection against Ghana especially in the second leg reveals he has no business coaching.

Under Rohr Nigeria won away games but struggled at home. Rohr would never have started Bassey in the second leg while Sanusi was fit. He would not have started an unfit Etebo in front of the back four. If Bonnke had played he would have closed down Partey and blocked the shot that ended in the back of the net. Again Nigerians may hate him but Rohr knew the importance of the no frills player in Onuachu who came on late away against Benin and got goal a player that game on away against Cape Verde and causes panic, they scored an own goal. Small details are the difference between victory and defeat. But no Nigerians wanted Ademola Lookman a player who had never played for us before. Nigerians wanted Umar Sadiq a player that plays in the Spanish second division and had a poor Afcon. Nigerians wanted Emmanuel Dennis, how productive was he over two legs?

I am glad people got what they wanted and are able to see that the players they wanted included are not head and shoulders above players that played in the earlier qualifiers under Rohr. I am glad Eguavon has finally been exposed.
When the list came out MANY here were so excited about the list and 'formation'. Now that things did not work out everyone is silent.

Nothing wrong with his selection. Our keeper just gifted them a goal which changed the dynamics of the game.

Macini must also have zero business with coaching considering the loss to Macedonia :taunt:

Tuchel must know nothing about coaching also.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iheanacho was benched against Ghana after failing to man-mark Partey - Eguavoen

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:20 pm
bushboy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:44 pm All this long tori and yabbing Egu is getting old. I watched that game, and we had BY FAR the clearest chances to score. With better finishing we would have won 2-0 in Kumasi.

Egu might very well be useless, but it wasn't because he was outplayed by Ghana. He wasn't.
When Nigeria struggled against Benin (Victor played 90mins didn’t score) Rohr brought on another clinical striker who got the vital goal. But Nigerians don’t want him they want Lookmon, Denis and Sadiq who all nearly scored and played well without scoring so now we sit at home while Ghana represents Africa.

I now understand Nigeria is place that doesn’t value what it has. It has crude oil doesn't know what to do with it so it is exported and then it imports gasoline diesel and kerosene …….what a stupid people…..we need foreigners to tells which of our players are good before we will accept them. It is when Dressers and Onuachu transfer to either England, Germany,Italy or Spain before we accept they are quality players. Enjoy your World Cup with Denis,Lookman, Sadiq and Etebo
You have a one track, agent-like mind on this forum, its getting old bruh...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:25 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:20 pm
bushboy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:44 pm All this long tori and yabbing Egu is getting old. I watched that game, and we had BY FAR the clearest chances to score. With better finishing we would have won 2-0 in Kumasi.

Egu might very well be useless, but it wasn't because he was outplayed by Ghana. He wasn't.
When Nigeria struggled against Benin (Victor played 90mins didn’t score) Rohr brought on another clinical striker who got the vital goal. But Nigerians don’t want him they want Lookmon, Denis and Sadiq who all nearly scored and played well without scoring so now we sit at home while Ghana represents Africa.

I now understand Nigeria is place that doesn’t value what it has. It has crude oil doesn't know what to do with it so it is exported and then it imports gasoline diesel and kerosene …….what a stupid people…..we need foreigners to tells which of our players are good before we will accept them. It is when Dressers and Onuachu transfer to either England, Germany,Italy or Spain before we accept they are quality players. Enjoy your World Cup with Denis,Lookman, Sadiq and Etebo
You have a one track, agent-like mind on this forum, its getting old bruh...
Onauchu scored a Hattrick last Sunday…… could have scored against Ghana :taunt:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:25 pm
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 pm This Egu talks too much and more he talks the more he sounds like an illiterate.

The decision Egu took in player selection against Ghana especially in the second leg reveals he has no business coaching.

Under Rohr Nigeria won away games but struggled at home. Rohr would never have started Bassey in the second leg while Sanusi was fit. He would not have started an unfit Etebo in front of the back four. If Bonnke had played he would have closed down Partey and blocked the shot that ended in the back of the net. Again Nigerians may hate him but Rohr knew the importance of the no frills player in Onuachu who came on late away against Benin and got goal a player that game on away against Cape Verde and causes panic, they scored an own goal. Small details are the difference between victory and defeat. But no Nigerians wanted Ademola Lookman a player who had never played for us before. Nigerians wanted Umar Sadiq a player that plays in the Spanish second division and had a poor Afcon. Nigerians wanted Emmanuel Dennis, how productive was he over two legs?

I am glad people got what they wanted and are able to see that the players they wanted included are not head and shoulders above players that played in the earlier qualifiers under Rohr. I am glad Eguavon has finally been exposed.
When the list came out MANY here were so excited about the list and 'formation'. Now that things did not work out everyone is silent.

Nothing wrong with his selection. Our keeper just gifted them a goal which changed the dynamics of the game.

Macini must also have zero business with coaching considering the loss to Macedonia :taunt:

Many, not ALL. I wasn’t and I voiced it in my post.

Secondly, Eguavoen revealed more of his cluelessness when he didn’t respond to the 3 subs the Ghanaian coach made at the start of the 2nd half. Those subs also came with a change in formation to 5 at the back. Yet he left Osimhen as the lone striker against 3 centre backs for so long.

Eguavoen would always have supporters like you and we know why. Local boy not do good, bro.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The same Partey Crystal palace made look useless and average last Monday?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:06 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Many, not ALL. I wasn’t and I voiced it in my post.

Secondly, Eguavoen revealed more of his cluelessness when he didn’t respond to the 3 subs the Ghanaian coach made at the start of the 2nd half. Those subs also came with a change in formation to 5 at the back. Yet he left Osimhen as the lone striker against 3 centre backs for so long.

Eguavoen would always have supporters like you and we know why. Local boy not do good, bro.
Bros

The fact is that many people think that the best team is a collection of individuals who played the previous weekend. LOL. On CE, there are many who have little knowledge of how a winning team is built. Some only see value when a player has the ball but cannot evaluate what the player does without the ball. That is the difference between a fan and a real coach.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

i hadn't said anything about the whole Egu issue but this is getting too much , Why is this Man still talking , he has done more talking than coaching ever since he was given the job, throwing stones in glass houses when he didn't even know that Ghana went to a 5 man defence in the game and he had to be told by one of the players , He should not go near the Nigerian team ever again
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Molue Conductor wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:22 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:44 pm Why is this guy still talking? Can he just stop, he's doing himself no favors...but also the journalist, shouldn't the obvious follow up question be how come Kele didn't play the second match at all if you were planning to bring him on at some point?
If Eguavoen actually said that, it would be the dumbest thing any coach in the whole wide world has ever said. Of all the players on the pitch, why would he pick Iheanacho to man-mark Alex Partey? What do we have central midfielders for? Man-marking Partey sounds like a job for Etebo, Onyeka or Aribo. Honestly, I don’t think Eguavoen said that. So tell me, who man-marked Alex Partey in Abuja? They obviously didn’t do a very good job. The story just doesn’t make sense❗️

Cheers.
Who is Alex Partey? Maybe this was the beginning of the confusion for Nacho
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

The problem of Iheanacho is his position: When the striker is Osimhen, Iheanacho has to play a as a second striker or as a n.10 that isn't properly his position, but the fact that he is a very good player is unquestionable.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Okochadman2Nas wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:13 pm i hadn't said anything about the whole Egu issue but this is getting too much , Why is this Man still talking , he has done more talking than coaching ever since he was given the job, throwing stones in glass houses when he didn't even know that Ghana went to a 5 man defence in the game and he had to be told by one of the players , He should not go near the Nigerian team ever again
Are you saying Eguavoen is blind? He would have to be not to recognize a five man defense.

I, too, think we should move on from Eguavoen but let’s keep it real❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:57 pm The problem of Iheanacho is his position: When the striker is Osimhen, Iheanacho has to play a as a second striker or as a n.10 that isn't properly his position, but the fact that he is a very good player is unquestionable.
No doubt Iheanacho is a good player if you play him in his rightful position. He is a striker who can play either as the main striker or a second striker. But don’t try to us him in a 4-4-2 where he has to drop into the midfield to form a 3-man midfield or a playmaker behind the main striker. They just make the poor boy look bad and then drop him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."