Meet the man in Talks to manage Nigeria --- Toni Conceciao

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Meet the man in Talks to manage Nigeria --- Toni Conceciao

Post by Enugu II »

Antonio Conceciao da Silva Oliviera otherwise known as Toni Conceiao is a man know to the African game. He was Manager of Cameroon at the last AFCON where he took Cameroon to third place and he has met Nigeria two times, winning once and tying the other in pre-AFCON friendlies. He spent most of his playing career in defense at Braga but appeared once at Porto before retiring to a coaching career. His playing career led to one appearance in Portugal's national colors.

He has been a manager since 1999, winning honors in Romania's top division with in 2009/10 and 2018/19 with CFR Cluj. Before then, he had unremarkable managerial career in Portugal starting at the lower rungs of football but has had stints at Belenense, Vitoria Setubal, among others before finding some success at CFR Cluj in Romania. He left Cluj in 2019 to arrive in Cameroon where he rebuilt the Cameroonian national team to respectability and taking the team to third place in the AFCON that Cameroon hosted recently before he was let go after a disappointing loss at the semi final stage on a penalty shootout tiebreaker. Many felt that the decision to let him go in Cameroon was a poor one but he may just get the opportunity to prove his worth in neighboring Nigeria.

Although, he was as defender, Conceciao showed he could be offensive as demonstrated in his management of Cameroon where he used two key strikers who rewarded him with goals at the AFCON. This particular quality has been missing with Nigeria for some time. Nigeria's most recent manager Gernot Rohr was largely defensive and was reluctant to use the myriad of offensive talents at his disposal. This may have informed Nigerian administrators to look towards Conceciao after watching how Cameroon deployed offensively at the last AFCON with great results. A key to Conceciao, in Cameroon, was also ability to quickly switch from a back-3 defense to a back-4 depending on opposition and the flow of a particular game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Meet the man in Talks to manage Nigeria --- Toni Conceciao

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok ooo. But we don't want this NFF closing a coac after yrs of mismanagement . Resignations is needed first.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I don't know how true this report is, but he is a top coach, it can be argued that Cameroon had no reason to even sack him cause they played some of their best football in recent years under him.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Just finding new coaches without cleaning up the mess in the NFF won’t change a thing.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would take anyone but Oliseh. You can't abandon your army in the middle of a battle and then expect to lead them again.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would take anyone but Oliseh. You can't abandon your army in the middle of a battle and then expect to lead them again.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:25 pm I would take anyone but Oliseh. You can't abandon your army in the middle of a battle and then expect to lead them again.
Unfortunately you don't actually count, use that time to get your uber game up so your ratings can get better.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:54 pm Ok ooo. But we don't want this NFF closing a coac after yrs of mismanagement . Resignations is needed first.
Exactly!!! I like Conceicao but Pinnick is the issue
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:31 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:25 pm I would take anyone but Oliseh. You can't abandon your army in the middle of a battle and then expect to lead them again.
Unfortunately you don't actually count, use that time to get your uber game up so your ratings can get better.
stop being disrespectful , focus on football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Based on what I saw of Cameroun at the last AFCON, I would be pleased if he was appointed as our coach. Realistically, I don't think that the NFF can attract the top level candidates like Bielsa or Mancini; and I would take Concecaio over any of the available local coaches. Not because he's white, but because he has more experience.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

olu wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:47 am Based on what I saw of Cameroun at the last AFCON, I would be pleased if he was appointed as our coach. Realistically, I don't think that the NFF can attract the top level candidates like Bielsa or Mancini; and I would take Concecaio over any of the available local coaches. Not because he's white, but because he has more experience.
He would be a good option. But the problem is Pinnick. After the Peserio sham (announcement before a signed contract) who would want to deal with a Pinnick lead NFF?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why are you wasting your breath on slow toad Tobi? He is being his usual slow self.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:16 pm
stop being disrespectful , focus on football
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Antonio Conceicao da Silva Oliveira is the leading candidate to be named as coach and contacts have been made already.

He could be announced as new Super Eagles technical adviser in 2 weeks.

Here:
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Person wey dey collect sexual pension from his townsman, Shoelace Yobo? :lol: :lol: This one wouldnt know hard work if it smacks him accross his kponmo mouth. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And the product on an incestuous orgy fest speaks.
danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:53 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Person wey dey collect sexual pension from his townsman, Shoelace Yobo? :lol: :lol: This one wouldnt know hard work if it smacks him accross his kponmo mouth. :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How much are you collecting from your townsman!!? After all years of lying down and arching your back means you will need serious substitute for medicaid and medicare. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:14 pm And the product on an incestuous orgy fest speaks.
danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:53 pm
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija and danfo. Two of una be my guys.. I will greatly appreciate it. If you both channel una beef towards that jinx and troll tobi. People like him are part of the reasons we were eliminated via a draw
SuperEagles

Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:44 pm 1naija and danfo. Two of una be my guys.. I will greatly appreciate it. If you both channel una beef towards that jinx and troll tobi. People like him are part of the reasons we were eliminated via a draw
@Bigpokey24: Seriously? Was he the coach? He neither did invite, nor select, nor give playing instructions to the players. So he was not responsible for elimination (not that I support or agree with his trolling, though) of the SE. Looking for somebody responsible for the elimination? Look no further: the NFF and coaches involved with the team. Channel your angers towards them..

Cheers
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Next wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:06 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:44 pm 1naija and danfo. Two of una be my guys.. I will greatly appreciate it. If you both channel una beef towards that jinx and troll tobi. People like him are part of the reasons we were eliminated via a draw
@Bigpokey24: Seriously? Was he the coach? He neither did invite, nor select, nor give playing instructions to the players. So he was not responsible for elimination (not that I support or agree with his trolling, though) of the SE. Looking for somebody responsible for the elimination? Look no further: the NFF and coaches involved with the team. Channel your angers towards them..

Cheers
people like tobi, damunk, ve , kongi etc are part of the issues with our failure big time
SuperEagles