Amaju Pinnick agrees to step down

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Amaju Pinnick agrees to step down

Post by maceo4 »

I’m just seeing it now that he confirmed on AriseTV

But seems it’s just that he won’t seek re-election

https://naijasports.ng/amaju-pinnick-ag ... -term-bid/

Confirming his decision on Arise TV this morning, Pinnick said it is a "regrettable" decision, but he's acting on his Family's request to open another
chapter.

"First am I eligible to run, Yes I'm eligible to run based on our statute. Do I want to run at this moment? It's a no no because my family said so at the moment." Pinnick said.

"My family is very key to me; family first. They've seen that I've put in my all, I've done my best.

"They've seen that it's taking a toll on me, it's taking a toll on the family and that they believe that it's time that I should move on.

"It's a very regrettable decision." NFF President Amaju Pinnick has confirmed he won't be seeking re-election to the office for a third term and will turn his focus to his family”
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Amaju Pinnick agrees to step down

Post by asabatex »

Hallelujah...the worst NFF Chairman ever :(
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

shameless rotten egg head :oops:

Atleast he has stolen enough money to maintain his property in London, close to the Emirates. B4st4ard!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

This can only be the work of praying, cursing, fasting, threats, etc not rational or honorable impulses.

"It's a very regrettable decision" he says. This guy is truly special.

Good riddance to BS. What is baffling is how the entire football system was kidnapped by Pinnick.
Amazing!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The clown is even spinning it to look like he's doing us a favor by stepping down, easily the worst NFF president ever
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

He should have resigned immediately we missed qualifying for Qatar 2022.
Now he wants to hang around and lick up the soup, while pretending he is doing
the nation a favor. Can he please take our sports minister with him on his way out?
Shameless leeches! :sneaky: :? :sad:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:18 pm shameless rotten egg head :oops:

Atleast he has stolen enough money to maintain his property in London, close to the Emirates. B4st4ard!
They should hide any remaining funds. We know what Nigerian politicians do before they leave office.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

joao wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:28 pm He should have resigned immediately we missed qualifying for Qatar 2022.
Now he wants to hang around and lick up the soup, while pretending he is doing
the nation a favor. Can he please take our sports minister with him on his way out?
Shameless leeches! :sneaky: :? :sad:
Missing Qatar is just a start. Worst Afcon performance decades, missed Olympics and U20 WC but the main failure is the non existence of our youth teams. All that and he still has a house in London .

The crook has to go TODAY.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

OJI wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:50 pm This can only be the work of praying, cursing, fasting, threats, etc not rational or honorable impulses.

"It's a very regrettable decision" he says. This guy is truly special.

Good riddance to BS. What is baffling is how the entire football system was kidnapped by Pinnick.
Amazing!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No World Cup, no money to steal. And the Super Eagles brand has lost value and needs serious work to bring it back up. So no point in sitting around and working hard for 4 years with very little “returns”.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Let rejoice not yet.... cos Pinnick might staying put until Sept' 23.

On TV, an individual* who is 'close' to the football decision makers said the following:

According to FIFA rules, NFF must hold a congress, 12 months before it's election.

And NFF must set a date for elections, 6 months prior to the election.

Apparently, NFF were supposed to have a congress in Dec '21, where the date for elections would have being set. Some individuals went to court stopping the Congress. Until the court case is vacated there will be no election.

This means, Pinnick tenure might extended.

*The individual claim he was one of those who was pushing Pinnick 3rd term agenda.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Watch him make a return as the sports minister. The guy has some political connection plus all we do in Nigeria is recycle leadership.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:02 pm I’m just seeing it now that he confirmed on AriseTV

But seems it’s just that he won’t seek re-election

https://naijasports.ng/amaju-pinnick-ag ... -term-bid/

Confirming his decision on Arise TV this morning, Pinnick said it is a "regrettable" decision, but he's acting on his Family's request to open another
chapter.

"First am I eligible to run, Yes I'm eligible to run based on our statute. Do I want to run at this moment? It's a no no because my family said so at the moment." Pinnick said.

"My family is very key to me; family first. They've seen that I've put in my all, I've done my best.

"They've seen that it's taking a toll on me, it's taking a toll on the family and that they believe that it's time that I should move on.

"It's a very regrettable decision." NFF President Amaju Pinnick has confirmed he won't be seeking re-election to the office for a third term and will turn his focus to his family”
The worst decision he made was sacking Rohr.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Fact is that this guy is NOT STEPPING DOWN at all. What he has stared is that he will will not seek re-election.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Not qualifying for the World Cup should be a red line. Always. No FA chief should seek reelection if we fail to qualify.

Better still, as Pinnick is now a lame duck with no future at the NFF, they really ought to call early elections NOW. All new decisions and plans going forward should be done by the new administration so they can't blame the previous one for their own failures in the future.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Orion wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 pm Not qualifying for the World Cup should be a red line. Always. No FA chief should seek reelection if we fail to qualify.

Better still, as Pinnick is now a lame duck with no future at the NFF, they really ought to call early elections NOW. All new decisions and plans going forward should be done by the new administration so they can't blame the previous one for their own failures in the future.
:agree:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Orion wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 pm Not qualifying for the World Cup should be a red line. Always. No FA chief should seek reelection if we fail to qualify.

The so called elections are part of the problem. It guarantees that a crook will win and that football professionals cannot win.

The likes of olofinjana, Emenalo, Finidi or Oliseh cannot win an election in Nigeria. Besides, football is not a democracy
OCCUPY NFF!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Nigerians are funny.

Remember when you were saying good riddance to JEG.

There's no hope for Nigeria...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should resign immediately. When is the next NFF election?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

All these picnic dis picnic dat; shebi una know for sure of someone better waiting in the wings to deliver heaven on earth for una ?
Na the same way una take make noise sote then come take ROHR commot. Una don start again !!! When e happen finish them come carry one worse person put there una go start to dey deny say you no call for picnic head.
Please be careful what you ask for. All the mugus before picnic accomplished nada. Picnic can at least stand shoulder to shoulder and dress decently with global standard. This might sound shallow but appearance and presentation might no matter to you until the next guy shows up in Barrett and military fatigue. Make na slow down unless you have emenalo in hand
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:44 am All these picnic dis picnic dat; shebi una know for sure of someone better waiting in the wings to deliver heaven on earth for una ?
Na the same way una take make noise sote then come take ROHR commot. Una don start again !!! When e happen finish them come carry one worse person put there una go start to dey deny say you no call for picnic head.
Please be careful what you ask for. All the mugus before picnic accomplished nada. Picnic can at least stand shoulder to shoulder and dress decently with global standard. This might sound shallow but appearance and presentation might no matter to you until the next guy shows up in Barrett and military fatigue. Make na slow down unless you have emenalo in hand
Wrong bruh, **** hadn’t missed any of his target so there was no grounds to get rid of him…can the same be said of picnic?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!