PINNICK: "I Picked Ahmed Musa for 2018 World Cup"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
PINNICK: "I Picked Ahmed Musa for 2018 World Cup"

Post by Enugu II »

I picked Ahmed Musa for 2018 World Cup reveals Pinnick
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor April 9, 2022 8:52 pm

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/i-picked-ah ... ls-pinnick

NFF president Amaju Pinnick has admitted that the only time he dabbled with team selection with the Super Eagles was when he insisted on Ahmed Musa being on the squad to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Pinnick revealed that then Eagles coach Gernot Rohr had left out Ahmed Musa, but he insisted the player be re-instated.

“That was the only time I intervened (in team selection),” Pinnick told Arise TV.

He will go on to say he was later vindicated because Ahmed Musa went on to score twice against Iceland to boost the Super Eagles hopes of going past their first round group that included Argentina and Croatia.

Rohr has been reported as saying he was often under pressure by the NFF leadership as regards his team selection.

Pinnick also defended his preference for a foreign coach to head the Super Eagles because he won’t be swayed by sentiments and only wants to succeed.

He disclosed a foreigner will be the next head coach of the Eagles.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PINNICK: "I Picked Ahmed Musa for 2018 World Cup"

Post by Dammy »

Stupid man!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:07 amStupid man!
He's trying to find success stories on his way out. Eeredioot!
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

He sounds stupid admitting that. He said “only time,” wait until Egu and his big mouth comes tells us how many players he imposed on him dinting AFCON & WCQ.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

See this man :)
He is grasping for straws :)