We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by Dammy »

No debut for Akinsanmiro
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Anthony Uzodinma with a goal against Ahmed Musa's side Sivasspor in the Turkish Super Lig

While U23 Midfielder Abiodun Ogunniyi assisted (1st goal) in Latvia
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:47 pm Two assists for Bruno so far both from dead-ball situations

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:51 pm

Very good player. The best midfielder I have watched in the npfl this season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Would love to see him today. He could be out Ounahi.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

wiseone wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:20 am Previous (bad) experiences with Ogbeche and those who wanted Okocha (in the prime of his career) to be dropped and “replaced” by Sunday Ibeji (yes, really!) suggests that there is a demographic on this forum that does not have good eyes for spotting good players.
Damunk wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:17 am
Well, I guess the ultimate test now will be whether a higher rated team will come for him during the summer. If he is as good as the romantics claim, he will be sought after.
Who the hell is Sunday Ibeji? Stop making up fantastic stories❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:22 pm
wiseone wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:20 am Previous (bad) experiences with Ogbeche and those who wanted Okocha (in the prime of his career) to be dropped and “replaced” by Sunday Ibeji (yes, really!) suggests that there is a demographic on this forum that does not have good eyes for spotting good players.
Damunk wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:17 am
Well, I guess the ultimate test now will be whether a higher rated team will come for him during the summer. If he is as good as the romantics claim, he will be sought after.

Cheers.
I don’t think he’s making up the name. They was a midfielder known as Sunday Chibuke Ibeji aka Sunday Chibuke Ikeji that we capped one time in 2000.

I don’t remember people asking for this particular player to take okocha’s place in the team, but people have called for Jay-Jay to be dropped on a few occasions in the past. Ya’ll remember the infamous I missed the airport/flight fiasco with Okocha.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You clearly do not know me well. If you come for me, you had better not miss fella. I already posted about Sunday Ibeji (and an example of one of the relevant threads I referred to) above 2 months ago in this very thread). Why did you skip the post where I provided a reference?

Cheers

Cheers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

See my reply to TTTK above.
packerland wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:00 pm

I don’t think he’s making up the name. They was a midfielder known as Sunday Chibuke Ibeji aka Sunday Chibuke Ikeji that we capped one time in 2000.

I don’t remember people asking for this particular player to take okocha’s place in the team, but people have called for Jay-Jay to be dropped on a few occasions in the past. Ya’ll remember the infamous I missed the airport/flight fiasco with Okocha.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

wiseone wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:06 pm You clearly do not know me well. If you come for me, you had better not miss fella. I already posted about Sunday Ibeji (and an example of one of the relevant threads I referred to) above 2 months ago in this very thread). Why did you skip the post where I provided a reference?

Cheers

Cheers.
Nothing you posted shows or even indicates that anyone was clamoring for Jay-Jay to be replaced by Sunday Ibeji specifcally. The so-called reference you posted wasn’t relevant to your claim about Ibeji. Yes, clueless people, like you, did make numerous calls for Jay-Jay to be dropped but no one, in their right mind, would have ever suggested that he be replaced by Ibeji. In fact, Ibeji was no longer in the picture when those absurd clamors were being made, circa 2005. By 2004, Sunday Ibeji was plying his trade at some obscure club in Lithuania❗️

Cheers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done for pulling out the old shift the goalposts card trick.

1) Your initial post accused me of making up Sunday Ibeji. When Packerland and I pointed out to you that Ibeji actually exists, you changed the goalposts and started talking about Lithuania 🇱🇹.

2) I also posted links above - which I pointed you to (and which you conveniently ignored).

3) Not sure why you mentioned Lithuania. Ibeji played in Slovenia 🇸🇮 (a different country). Lithuania 🇱🇹 and Slovenia are different countries bc they have different names, are about 1500km away from each other, and have different flags (which I also posted for you for ease of reference).

If you want to verify this, there is a website called Wikipedia where you can easily check such details. The world also has these things called maps which can help you to differentiate countries that are over 1000km away from each other.

Adieu.

Cheers 🍻

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Nothing you posted shows or even indicates that anyone was clamoring for Jay-Jay to be replaced by Sunday Ibeji specifcally. The so-called reference you posted wasn’t relevant to your claim about Ibeji. Yes, clueless people, like you, did make numerous calls for Jay-Jay to be dropped but no one, in their right mind, would have ever suggested that he be replaced by Ibeji. In fact, Ibeji was no longer in the picture when those absurd clamors were being made, circa 2005. By 2004, Sunday Ibeji was plying his trade at some obscure club in Lithuania❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

wiseone wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:39 pm Well done for pulling out the old shift the goalposts card trick.

1) Your initial post accused me of making up Sunday Ibeji. When Packerland and I pointed out to you that Ibeji actually exists, you changed the goalposts and started talking about Lithuania 🇱🇹.

2) I also posted links above - which I pointed you to (and which you conveniently ignored).

3) Not sure why you mentioned Lithuania. Ibeji played in Slovenia 🇸🇮 (a different country). Lithuania 🇱🇹 and Slovenia are different countries bc they have different names, are about 1500km away from each other, and have different flags (which I also posted for you for ease of reference).

If you want to verify this, there is a website called Wikipedia where you can easily check such details. The world also has these things called maps which can help you to differentiate countries that are over 1000km away from each other.

Adieu.

Cheers 🍻

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:15 pm

Cheers.
If anyone is shifting the goal post, it certainly isn’t me. I never, ever said you made up Ibeji. I said you should stop making up stories, the particular story being that fans were clamoring for Ibeji to replace Okocha in the SuperEagles squad, a story that’s patently false. As for your jab about Slovenia vs Lithuania, you can console yourself with that if you must but be assured that no one ever clamored for Okocha to be replaced by a practically unknown footballer playing for an obscure team in one of Europe’s lowest tier leagues❗️

Cheers.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

We need to try the following at Centre back:

Bassey
Jenz
Aiwu
Ndah
We need replacements and a long term solution for
Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo.

At full back:

Onyemachi
Aina
Ebuehi

In midfield:

Raphael Onyedika
Alhassan Yussuf
Daga

We need non agric/pedestrian and intelligent two way midfielders.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yet strangely, he is not in the national team.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Online rumours are linking Yusuf Alhassan with a transfer to Sporting Lisbon from Antwerp to replace Ugarte
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:23 pm Online rumours are linking Yusuf Alhassan with a transfer to Sporting Lisbon from Antwerp to replace Ugarte
This would be huge. Lord, please let it happen.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bruno Onyemaechi to Porto almost completed
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:56 am Bruno Onyemaechi to Porto almost completed
Bruno Onyemaechi is a baller no doubt, top move for him :thumb:
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Shawn Adewoye who plays as a centre-back for RKC Waalwijk is reported to be interested in playing for Nigeria despite being a youth international for Belgium. Born June 29, 2000, in Belgium to a Nigerian father, and a Belgian mother, Shawn moved to the Netherlands from Genk last season. He has appeared in the vast majority of Waalwijk's Eredivisie games in the past season winning three man of the match awards.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Napoli midfielder, Michael Folorunso, is on the verge of joining Serie A team, Hellas Verona, on loan
I am happy