We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by Tobi17 »

We're already stacked in the FWD positions and we are even brimming with fresh hot talents like Yira Sor already tearing up the Europa league etc

But do we actually have any midfielders across all the leagues of Europe and even Africa doing the business right now? This is where we need the likes of Sunset who has a detailed data of all our Nigerian players even at youth level that need to be monitored, the goal is to focus on midfielders and defenders either born abroad, playing across the leagues in Europe or even Nigeria including the "gems" we've never heard about...since the old legs like Musa, Balogun, possibly Ekong, Ighalo, Shehu etc will be phased out sooner than later, we need to start getting the likes of Ozornwafor, Noah etc ready to take over our defence...then Obinna Nwobodo, Ralph Onyedika, Alhassan, Tom dele Bashiru, Eberechi Eze etc to be added to that midfield.. the likes of Etebo are badly out of form, Onyeka is still a solid option for Ndidi, Aribo doesn't play well for Nigeria but he's still out most in-form midfielder right now...when you think about it, we've really got a crisis in our midfield situation.
pindal123
Egg
Egg
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by pindal123 »

There are some very good prospects among those you mentioned.
For the defense as you say Ozornwafor and Ndah need to get into the squad, but there are also some born abroad players like Tosin Adarabioyo and Jordan Torunarigha who can improve the level of our defense. Also i have to mention Semi Ajayi who is quite underated, he is having his best season under the new coach.
For the midfield i like Onyedika, Dele-Bashiru are some players i like. I think that those we already have: Ndidi and Onyeka can play for the next 4 years. If fit there is also Ejaria, and as defensive midfielder we have Bonke Innocent and Anderson Esiti. For the advanced midfielder spot, Eberechi Eze is a must, then there is Kelechi Nwakali as a good prospect, but not as good as Eze.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 pm There are some very good prospects among those you mentioned.
For the defense as you say Ozornwafor and Ndah need to get into the squad, but there are also some born abroad players like Tosin Adarabioyo and Jordan Torunarigha who can improve the level of our defense. Also i have to mention Semi Ajayi who is quite underated, he is having his best season under the new coach.
For the midfield i like Onyedika, Dele-Bashiru are some players i like. I think that those we already have: Ndidi and Onyeka can play for the next 4 years. If fit there is also Ejaria, and as defensive midfielder we have Bonke Innocent and Anderson Esiti. For the advanced midfielder spot, Eberechi Eze is a must, then there is Kelechi Nwakali as a good prospect, but not as good as Eze.
I definitely agree, I feel like with the likes of Ndah and Ozornwafor, our defense is definitely assured and covered for years to come, there's also the Italian-Naija kid that plays for Udinese and has been brilliant for them(Udogie)...definitely one to keep an eye on if we want more depth in defense...I like Jordan Torunarigha but he has be doing shakara for us, at least it's now obvious he ain't getting into that German team let alone the bench...another player we should cap-tie is Joshua Zirkzee (Bayern Munich kid) playing in Belgium, he can effectively play as a support striker, upfront as a #9 and also as a CAM.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Eze might have to take out a TV commercial during the WC and qualifiers to make people believe he doesnt wabt to play for Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:45 pm I definitely agree, I feel like with the likes of Ndah and Ozornwafor, our defense is definitely assured and covered for years to come, there's also the Italian-Naija kid that plays for Udinese and has been brilliant for them(Udogie)...definitely one to keep an eye on if we want more depth in defense...I like Jordan Torunarigha but he has be doing shakara for us, at least it's now obvious he ain't getting into that German team let alone the bench...another player we should cap-tie is Joshua Zirkzee (Bayern Munich kid) playing in Belgium, he can effectively play as a support striker, upfront as a #9 and also as a CAM.
I totally agree on Udogie, he is a great player, a future talent, we must invite him before Italy does!
As for Zirkzee, i think he is more a second striker, but he has still to prove much before deserving a spot of our current players, as you saied we are already stucked in the forward position and i wouldn't drop any current player for him!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Igoh Ogbu (& Akor Adams) scored for Lillestrom in their 4 - 0 demolition of Jerv, while Ifeanyi Matthew controlled things in midfield as usual

[tweet][/tweet]
Igoh Ogbu has all the conditions to reach one of the good teams in the big European leagues and reach a very high level. He is perhaps the most complete central defender to play in the Nordic leagues. Technical, physical, mental, tactical arguments. It has everything.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/OJBSPORT[/tweet]
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset,

I think you should be the one to open amdefender and MF performance tracking thread because you have a good idea of who the players are and what they bring to the table. Pls do us the favor and open it, hopefully if mods are awake they'll make it a sticky. Otherwise, all we'll get will be pages and pages of Eze, Olise and players who aren't interested in SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:01 pm Eze might have to take out a TV commercial during the WC and qualifiers to make people believe he doesnt wabt to play for Nigeria.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And then what would he do when he changes his mind? Do another round of commercials?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Oh no please stick to 10 strikers 1 goalkeeper
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aykwes8 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:19 pm Oh no please stick to 10 strikers 1 goalkeeper
you've been trolling a lot. once again you will be getting banned .Watch this space

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295638
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:18 pm
aykwes8 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:19 pm Oh no please stick to 10 strikers 1 goalkeeper
you've been trolling a lot. once again you will be getting banned .Watch this space

Go ahead !
What did you gain from banning from all those who saw through that bull $#% you were peddling??. Second and third division bench warmers and you were here tickling yourselves
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aykwes8 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:09 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Go ahead !
What did you gain from banning from all those who saw through that bull $#% you were peddling??. Second and third division bench warmers and you were here tickling yourselves
enjoy trolling and crying from caps/yabs of over 12 years ago. You will be banned, go and enjoy the no soccer forum in ghanaweb.. 12 years is along time ago.. add that to your age

your people are playing in the worldcup in 7 to 8 months , you are busy ranting and crying here .. go and help your team and focus on those 3 countries ,instead of wasting your time here .. noticed how no one cares ?

why try to get yourself banned over irrelevant trash
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

:woot: :woot: :woot:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

While Alhassan Yusuf has come to grips with whats expected of him in Belgium as his coach clearly has more confidence in him
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 am Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

While Alhassan Yusuf has come to grips with whats expected of him in Belgium as his coach clearly has more confidence in him
Na wa, wasn’t that Onyedikas poor pass under no pressure that led to a PK?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:17 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 am Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

Dude why are you so fuuking critical? These guys are barely in their 20s. Mistakes will be made. Instead of encouraging them you nitpick at their mistakes. You are just as bad as Bush rat that is obsessed with Osimhen.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm

Dude why are you so fuuking critical? These guys are barely in their 20s. Mistakes will be made. Instead of encouraging them you nitpick at their mistakes. You are just as bad as Bush rat that is obsessed with Osimhen.
So what I said didn’t happen? We need to learn to be balanced and honest, why didn’t the comment accompanying the video mention this? I felt lied to when I actually watched the video, same with Yusuf, there simply wasn’t anything in these highlights to draw these conclusions esp when we are not being 100% honest about the little we did get to see…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:56 pm

So what I said didn’t happen? We need to learn to be balanced and honest, why didn’t the comment accompanying the video mention this? I felt lied to when I actually watched the video, same with Yusuf, there simply wasn’t anything in these highlights to draw these conclusions esp when we are not being 100% honest about the little we did get to see…
Well if you think you can analyze a midfielders performance based on highlights that's your prerogative but some of us actually watched the full match live, and the most important things midfielders do aren't usually captured on highlights. But its interesting you point out his mistake that led to the PK, but what about the PK he won as well as the third goal he assisted?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:15 pm

Well if you think you can analyze a midfielders performance based on highlights that's your prerogative but some of us actually watched the full match live, and the most important things midfielders do aren't usually captured on highlights. But its interesting you point out his mistake that led to the PK, but what about the PK he won as well as the third goal he assisted?
Mace no dey try at all
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Huh? I clearly said the opposite. I didn't watch the game so I can't give an analysis but we can clearly see him make a very poor mistake in these highlights so that should at least be mentioned...you are free to point those other things out also, my thing is about having a balanced view, not glossing over clear mistakes like we seem to love to do...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Mace no dey try at all
Why are you being so fuuking critical? huh? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Expecting a 20 year old in his 1st full professional player not to make mistakes and look like prime Kante is the height of delusion OK now let's leave out the likes of Onyedika and Yusuf and continue to manage with trash like Abdulahhi. That's the solution right? :roll:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm Expecting a 20 year old in his 1st full professional player not to make mistakes and look like prime Kante is the height of delusion OK now let's leave out the likes of Onyedika and Yusuf and continue to manage with trash like Abdulahhi. That's the solution right? :roll:
I’m not expecting anything, I’m saying give a balanced view of what actually happened in these vids. There’s no way you can give a balanced view of these highlights without pointing out both positive AND negatives…you are drawing your own conclusion and conjectures when I’m simply relaying things I saw happened in the videos. Unless I’m lying and it did not happen then I don’t get your point…

I’m not the one that makes SE list so I don’t dwell on who gets an invite and who doesn’t, but the mere fact that you are bringing that up let’s me know that there is a clear intent and maybe even purposeful reason why the mistake was not mentioned and/or why you are so ‘fuuuuckin’ mad that I mentioned it…lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!