We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need a thread for DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:35 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm Expecting a 20 year old in his 1st full professional player not to make mistakes and look like prime Kante is the height of delusion OK now let's leave out the likes of Onyedika and Yusuf and continue to manage with trash like Abdulahhi. That's the solution right? :roll:
I’m not expecting anything, I’m saying give a balanced view of what actually happened in these vids. There’s no way you can give a balanced view of these highlights without pointing out both positive AND negatives…you are drawing your own conclusion and conjectures when I’m simply relaying things I saw happened in the videos. Unless I’m lying and it did not happen then I don’t get your point…

I’m not the one that makes SE list so I don’t dwell on who gets an invite and who doesn’t, but the mere fact that you are bringing that up let’s me know that there is a clear intent and maybe even purposeful reason why the mistake was not mentioned and/or why you are so ‘fuuuuckin’ mad that I mentioned it…lol
What intent? I don't know these players from Adam but I know for a fact they deserve to be called up. We go to key matches and tournaments with 3 mids so we have nothing to lose inviting new faces. These boys play week in week out 90mins for their clubs. That said you have not watched their full 90min games and you hardly have anything positive and constructive to offer instead it's negative criticisms and nitpicking. Like I said let's leave these young promising players out and continue to manage with the rubbish we have. We will miss out on more major tournaments and the likes of you will open silly threads wondering why we have no midfielders and defenders.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:51 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:35 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm Expecting a 20 year old in his 1st full professional player not to make mistakes and look like prime Kante is the height of delusion OK now let's leave out the likes of Onyedika and Yusuf and continue to manage with trash like Abdulahhi. That's the solution right? :roll:
I’m not expecting anything, I’m saying give a balanced view of what actually happened in these vids. There’s no way you can give a balanced view of these highlights without pointing out both positive AND negatives…you are drawing your own conclusion and conjectures when I’m simply relaying things I saw happened in the videos. Unless I’m lying and it did not happen then I don’t get your point…

I’m not the one that makes SE list so I don’t dwell on who gets an invite and who doesn’t, but the mere fact that you are bringing that up let’s me know that there is a clear intent and maybe even purposeful reason why the mistake was not mentioned and/or why you are so ‘fuuuuckin’ mad that I mentioned it…lol
What intent? I don't know these players from Adam but I know for a fact they deserve to be called up. We go to key matches and tournaments with 3 mids so we have nothing to lose inviting new faces. These boys play week in week out 90mins for their clubs. That said you have not watched their full 90min games and you hardly have anything positive and constructive to offer instead it's negative criticisms and nitpicking. Like I said let's leave these young promising players out and continue to manage with the rubbish we have. We will miss out on more major tournaments and the likes of you will open silly threads wondering why we have no midfielders and defenders.
What does all this have to do with him making a mistake on the video? Jeez…what other negative criticism have you seen from me regarding these two? When I watched both for 90 mins I said I think they can help the SE…but what does that have to do with this video and making a TRUTHFUL statement about what happened in it? So…you think they now won’t invite him because some stranger on CE mentioned that he made a mistake in a video? Like…forreal???? Lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:29 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I have been waiting for you to come haba why you take so long :)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:32 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:15 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:56 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:17 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 am Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

While Alhassan Yusuf has come to grips with whats expected of him in Belgium as his coach clearly has more confidence in him
Na wa, wasn’t that Onyedikas poor pass under no pressure that led to a PK?
Dude why are you so fuuking critical? These guys are barely in their 20s. Mistakes will be made. Instead of encouraging them you nitpick at their mistakes. You are just as bad as Bush rat that is obsessed with Osimhen.
So what I said didn’t happen? We need to learn to be balanced and honest, why didn’t the comment accompanying the video mention this? I felt lied to when I actually watched the video, same with Yusuf, there simply wasn’t anything in these highlights to draw these conclusions esp when we are not being 100% honest about the little we did get to see…
Well if you think you can analyze a midfielders performance based on highlights that's your prerogative but some of us actually watched the full match live, and the most important things midfielders do aren't usually captured on highlights. But its interesting you point out his mistake that led to the PK, but what about the PK he won as well as the third goal he assisted?
Huh? I clearly said the opposite. I didn't watch the game so I can't give an analysis but we can clearly see him make a very poor mistake in these highlights so that should at least be mentioned...you are free to point those other things out also, my thing is about having a balanced view, not glossing over clear mistakes like we seem to love to do...
Well that is the point! My analysis of his performance (as solid) was based on watching the full match which is why I described it as such. One bad pass can't override his whole performance when he more than made up for it which is the whole point of giving a balanced opinion.
If I were really glossing over the mistake then I wouldn't have posted the clip which is moreso for you guys that didn't catch the full match of which you're free to point out, you can'tbe dictating how I express my own opinion.

As I've said before mistakes are part of the game but it's only a real problem when it becomes a trend which I am yet to see from this particular player, especially being a midfielder that rarely hides from the ball as well
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:33 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:32 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:15 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:56 pm
bret- hart wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:12 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:17 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:18 am Raphael Onyedika with another solid outing in Midfield for Midtjylland

While Alhassan Yusuf has come to grips with whats expected of him in Belgium as his coach clearly has more confidence in him
Na wa, wasn’t that Onyedikas poor pass under no pressure that led to a PK?
Dude why are you so fuuking critical? These guys are barely in their 20s. Mistakes will be made. Instead of encouraging them you nitpick at their mistakes. You are just as bad as Bush rat that is obsessed with Osimhen.
So what I said didn’t happen? We need to learn to be balanced and honest, why didn’t the comment accompanying the video mention this? I felt lied to when I actually watched the video, same with Yusuf, there simply wasn’t anything in these highlights to draw these conclusions esp when we are not being 100% honest about the little we did get to see…
Well if you think you can analyze a midfielders performance based on highlights that's your prerogative but some of us actually watched the full match live, and the most important things midfielders do aren't usually captured on highlights. But its interesting you point out his mistake that led to the PK, but what about the PK he won as well as the third goal he assisted?
Huh? I clearly said the opposite. I didn't watch the game so I can't give an analysis but we can clearly see him make a very poor mistake in these highlights so that should at least be mentioned...you are free to point those other things out also, my thing is about having a balanced view, not glossing over clear mistakes like we seem to love to do...
Well that is the point! My analysis of his performance (as solid) was based on watching the full match which is why I described it as such. One bad pass can't override his whole performance when he more than made up for it which is the whole point of giving a balanced opinion.
If I were really glossing over the mistake then I wouldn't have posted the clip which is moreso for you guys that didn't catch the full match of which you're free to point out, you can'tbe dictating how I express my own opinion.

As I've said before mistakes are part of the game but it's only a real problem when it becomes a trend which I am yet to see from this particular player, especially being a midfielder that rarely hides from the ball as well
You right, I can’t dictate how you express your opinion. My bad. But that was a really poor play, kind of red flag type play for a CM to be that careless with the ball in the middle of the field. So I didn’t see anything wrong in bringing it up. Hopefully it’s just a one-off like you said.

But if you ask my opinion of these boys from the few full games I’ve seen, I think they should be tried, not necessarily convinced that they are the answer but can be a decent addition to the team when needed. Of these fringe midfielders the injured Michael in Italy to me has looked the best of the bunch but in his absence these two boys can be useful.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:46 pm But if you ask my opinion of these boys from the few full games I’ve seen, I think they should be tried, not necessarily convinced that they are the answer but can be a decent addition to the team when needed. Of these fringe midfielders the injured Michael in Italy to me has looked the best of the bunch but in his absence these two boys can be useful.
I agree 100% and there are a lot of other options to be looked at, the only issue over the years has been the lack of opportunities given to our other midfield options, if not for that COVID situation most wouldn't have known just how good Kingsley Michael would be.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Just tuned into Onyedika playing in the Semi final of the Danish Cup

Link for anyone interested:
http://st.freestreams-live1.com/tv3plus-dk1/
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Samson Tijani for RB Salzburg's reserves:

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/2 ... liefering/
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

That makes it two league goals from outside of the box from Ifeanyi Matthew in his last 2 league games as he helps lillestrom keep their top spot in the Norwegian league
[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Igoh Ogbu (CB) also assisted their 3rd goal
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:22 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:46 pm But if you ask my opinion of these boys from the few full games I’ve seen, I think they should be tried, not necessarily convinced that they are the answer but can be a decent addition to the team when needed. Of these fringe midfielders the injured Michael in Italy to me has looked the best of the bunch but in his absence these two boys can be useful.
I agree 100% and there are a lot of other options to be looked at, the only issue over the years has been the lack of opportunities given to our other midfield options, if not for that COVID situation most wouldn't have known just how good Kingsley Michael would be.

Some would argue that Bonke, Onyeka and Michael prove the opposite. But I do however agree with you...
There's not enough diversity of talent in the options we are developing..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Good to see Kingsley Michael back in action, making his first competitive start since our World Cup qualifier away vs Cape Verde :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Nice to see him back.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:15 pm Good to see Kingsley Michael back in action, making his first competitive start since our World Cup qualifier away vs Cape Verde :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
He saw 70 minutes of action. This is a very important season for him. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to play his way back into the spotlight.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:06 am
Sunset wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:15 pm Good to see Kingsley Michael back in action, making his first competitive start since our World Cup qualifier away vs Cape Verde :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
He saw 70 minutes of action. This is a very important season for him. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to play his way back into the spotlight.
Great news! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg who sabi dis young midfielder ? Nigerian

Nicholas Anwan
Midfielder (Karagumruk)
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:25 pm Abeg who sabi dis young midfielder ? Nigerian

Nicholas Anwan
Midfielder (Karagumruk)
bump anyone ? abi na becos na turkey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:57 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:25 pm Abeg who sabi dis young midfielder ? Nigerian

Nicholas Anwan
Midfielder (Karagumruk)
Maybe because you sound more like an agent.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Nicholas Anwan
Midfielder (Karagumruk)
Turkey leauge these days is crap and not good for young players development. I tell my clients :sneaky: to stay away.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:07 pm

Nicholas Anwan
Midfielder (Karagumruk)
Maybe because you sound more like an agent.
lol...ok o at least when una dey cry say we no get midfielders . I guess many people :rotf: think like agents here then so they see agency in every post .

Anyway me i just wan sabi if the guy na one to wash and if so make we find way get am to u23 abi under 21 make we fit keep tabs

...Socrates
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:23 pm
:clap:
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:23 pm
He looks like he has beefed up a bit.

Well done to the lad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."