Demanding Best for Falcons leads to Removal of Assisat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Demanding Best for Falcons leads to Removal of Assisat

Post by Enugu II »

How Asisat Oshola’s Demand For Equal Traveling Arrangements With Super Eagles Cost Her Falcons Captaincy
https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/how-asi ... -captaincy
How Asisat Oshola’s Demand For Equal Traveling Arrangements With Super Eagles Cost Her Falcons Captaincy
0 comments, 10/04/2022, by Best Choice Sports, in CAF, European Leagues, Football, Investigation, News
406 total views, 406 views today
By Agency Report

Facts have continued to emerge on the stripping of reigning Africa Women’s Footballer of Year, Asisat Oshola of Super Falcons’ captaincy last week.

News broke on Friday that the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF have relieved the FC Barcelona Femini striker of her responsibilities bas the leader of the team.

The news came before the team took on Canada women in a friendly match in Saturday morning with Oshola not part of the team.

The former Arsenal player who succeeded Desire Oparanozie in acrimonious circumstances as Falcons captain on November 17, 2019 was accused of lack of commitment to the team.

An insider within the NFF told TheCable that the top brass of the federation made the decision after considering Oshoala’s recent inability to replicate her club form in the colours of Falcons where she last scored in February 2021 against Equatorial Guinea.

With FC Barcelona, the Nigerian star striker has bagged 19 goals in the last 16 games.

The source said it was adjudged that the captain band is “weighing her down,” hence her below-par performance for the national team adding that her demand for equal traveling arrangements with the Super Eagles was another reason she was removed as captain

The four-time African footballer of the year was also said to have made demands that the head honchos at the NFF found excessive.

“The past seven games that she played for Nigeria, despite the fact that she was scoring goals for Barcelona, she didn’t score a single goal for us. Not only that, her performance was awful in each of those games,” the insider told TheCable.

Super Falcons lost 2-0 against Canada on Saturday
“This development made the powers feel like that captain band is weighing her down, because if you’re doing well for your club you can’t replicate it for your country, then there must be something wrong.

“Also, she became something else, really. Demanding this and that. Insisting there should be the same travelling arrangements for Falcons and Super Eagles. She became something else.”

The 27-year-old became the team’s captain in 2019 after Desire Oparanozie was stripped of the position over alleged dissent in the wake of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

Out recuperating from a knee injury, Oshoala was not included in the 25-member squad named by Randy Waldrum, Super Falcons head coach, for the two-legged international friendly matches against Canada.

Onome Ebi captained the team for the first leg of the encounter on Saturday night which they lost 2-0.

The second leg will be played on Tuesday at Langford’s Starlight Stadium on Vancouver Island.

TheCable Credited.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Demanding Best for Falcons leads to Removal of Assisat

Post by joao »

Reminds of what they did to Balogun for raising questions on how NFF runs football.
Our 'oga them' are true despots, with no room anyone who does not conform to their
clear incompetence. These hustlers have taken our football hostage, and we wonder
why things are spiraling downwards.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

They’re right that she is underperforming for the SF, but she has the right to ask for equal travelling rights as captain.
I don’t see how anyone can argue with such a request.

Question is, how true is it?
Anonymous sources are always suspect in my book.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:23 pm They’re right that she is underperforming for the SF, but she has the right to ask for equal travelling rights as captain.

You’re right. Nothing wrong with asking for equal treatment. My question is how did she go about it? You will think most of her teammates will rally around her and support her cause. Her attacks on social media against one of her teammates doesn’t help her image.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

packerland wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:23 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:23 pm They’re right that she is underperforming for the SF, but she has the right to ask for equal travelling rights as captain.

You’re right. Nothing wrong with asking for equal treatment. My question is how did she go about it? You will think most of her teammates will rally around her and support her cause. Her attacks on social media against one of her teammates doesn’t help her image.
How was the previous captain remove?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:23 pm

How was the previous captain remove?
You mean Oparanozie? I think she initiated a sit in during a tournament due to some unpaid bonuses. They bosses at the top got mad and ousted her.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

packerland wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:35 pm You mean Oparanozie? I think she initiated a sit in during a tournament due to some unpaid bonuses. They bosses at the top got mad and ousted her.
Remember, Florence Omogbemi as well.... Just showing a pattern.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:43 pm Reminds of what they did to Balogun for raising questions on how NFF runs football.
Our 'oga them' are true despots, with no room anyone who does not conform to their
clear incompetence. These hustlers have taken our football hostage, and we wonder
why things are spiraling downwards.
Please what did they do to Balogun ? This is news to my ears . I know balogun was candid with his statements and was injured during Afcon when he made the statements. I’m yet to hear anything else. Please explain.
And regarding oshoala I don’t see any validation of what is being alleged here as the reasons besides the obvious especially when on the 10th paragraph the writer adds that the 2 nil loss to Canada yesterday led to the removal
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

In a sane world, the coach picks the team captain although there’s precious little that’s sane about Nigeria. However, I must wonder if an oyibo coach would allow the NFF to pick his team captain like Eguavoen allowed them to pick “his” team🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Be careful quoting unrevealed sources. Unrevealed sources may be paid to say things that are not true.

I watch club matches involving all Falcons players to their full extent, and will talk about on-field issues when that arises. Meanwhile regarding issue of captaincy, I said during the olympic qualifying period: she is not Captain material, at least not yet.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Players ask simply for better working conditions and they then get gagged and blacklisted…that is the %$#@^& tyrannical, corrupt, and inept NFF where is the outrage from the so-called fans, FIFA, and those that profess they want African football to progress?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

404 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:43 pm Players ask simply for better working conditions and they then get gagged and blacklisted…that is the %$#@^& tyrannical, corrupt, and inept NFF where is the outrage from the so-called fans, FIFA, and those that profess they want African football to progress?
Dude use your brain pls
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 pm Be careful quoting unrevealed sources. Unrevealed sources may be paid to say things that are not true.

I watch club matches involving all Falcons players to their full extent, and will talk about on-field issues when that arises. Meanwhile regarding issue of captaincy, I said during the olympic qualifying period: she is not Captain material, at least not yet.
I vaguely remember a few years ago when they had an big row in the hotel or dressing room with Oshoala at the centre of it. This was actually after a victory. I did wonder at the time whether this was a sign of her temperament or just a one-off. But she went head to head with another player when something was said or done during their celebrations.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...when the NFA recruit these foreign based players (men and women) who play for professional administrators and coaches, they, the FA, should expect these players to be accorded professional services in performing their duties to the country. There is nothing like you are in Nigeria and should behave/accept Nigerian standard. That is not enough to be a world beater.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:23 am
Oguleftie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 pm Be careful quoting unrevealed sources. Unrevealed sources may be paid to say things that are not true.

I vaguely remember a few years ago when they had an big row in the hotel or dressing room with Oshoala at the centre of it. This was actually after a victory. I did wonder at the time whether this was a sign of her temperament or just a one-off. But she went head to head with another player when something was said or done during their celebrations.
...when you are abroad performing a particular job (in this case football) you expect when you come home to be given same tools to perform so as to compete with the rest of the world. Isn't that what we want, to win on the world stage?
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:39 am
404 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:43 pm Players ask simply for better working conditions and they then get gagged and blacklisted…that is the %$#@^& tyrannical, corrupt, and inept NFF where is the outrage from the so-called fans, FIFA, and those that profess they want African football to progress?

Dude use your brain pls
Piss off….you buffoon…
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

404 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:48 am
jette1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:39 am

Dude use your brain pls
Piss off….you buffoon…
Ah-ah? Eight months later. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: