MUTIU: Indigenous Coaches Among Those we Have Recommended....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MUTIU: Indigenous Coaches Among Those we Have Recommended....

Post by Enugu II »

SPORT: Indigenous coaches among our recommendations for Super Eagles – Mutiu Adepoju
https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/10/indigen ... u-adepoju/
Published on April 10, 2022By Clement Chinedu

A member of the Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mutiu Adepoju, has revealed that some indigenous coaches were among the recommendations made by the committee for possible appointment as the Super Eagles coach.

The technical committee was given five days to make the recommendation for a new coach of the Super Eagles which expired on Sunday.

This followed the resignation of Augustine Equavoen as the coach of the national team after failing to qualify them for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar in December.

Adepoju, who spoke in an interview on Sunday, however declined naming the coaches that were recommended for the job.

He, however, said both indigenous and foreign coaches made the list of those recommended.

The former Super Eagles player said, “we made recommendations and submitted which would be announced at the appropriate time.

“We need a coach that would work in line with what is on ground. We expect the coach that will play what Nigeria is used to, very comfortable football,” he added.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MUTIU: Indigenous Coaches Among Those we Have Recommended....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mutiu needs resign too. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Why not name the local and foreign coaches being considered? Indigenous coaches are not bad in themselves. However, the questions are which ones? Have they been coaching teams with results? Have they made any efforts to upgrading their technical knowledge if inactive? Will they be allowed to operate independently or under the influence of some corrupt leaders within the NFF?

If the status quo is what they are going for then it's like recycling crap and wrapping it in gold. Same old, same old. It is about individual interest vs. national interest. Change has to start from the highest positions in the NFF before it even comes to selecting coaches.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gosh wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:18 pm Why not name the local and foreign coaches being considered? Indigenous coaches are not bad in themselves. However, the questions are which ones? Have they been coaching teams with results? Have they made any efforts to upgrading their technical knowledge if inactive? Will they be allowed to operate independently or under the influence of some corrupt leaders within the NFF?

If the status quo is what they are going for then it's like recycling crap and wrapping it in gold. Same old, same old. It is about individual interest vs. national interest. Change has to start from the highest positions in the NFF before it even comes to selecting coaches.
what influence do you have? why does it matter if the names are released
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would give the job to Finidi and Yobo and leave them alone until they are successful, however long it takes. If they fail initially, we can focus our attention on other things like herdsman and the dollar to Naira rate until they start winning. But they must qualify for 2026.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:18 am I would give the job to Finidi and Yobo and leave them alone until they are successful, however long it takes. If they fail initially, we can focus our attention on other things like herdsman and the dollar to Naira rate until they start winning. But they must qualify for 2026.

Onku, I see you have a lot of time on ya hands again. At this point the only way foe you to be engaged in productive work is to join the Nigerian army and fight herdsmen yourself.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:42 am
gosh wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:18 pm Why not name the local and foreign coaches being considered? Indigenous coaches are not bad in themselves. However, the questions are which ones? Have they been coaching teams with results? Have they made any efforts to upgrading their technical knowledge if inactive? Will they be allowed to operate independently or under the influence of some corrupt leaders within the NFF?

Not "me." Nigerian tax payers will be footing the bill and they have a right to know.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

gosh wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:15 am

Not "me." Nigerian tax payers will be footing the bill and they have a right to know.
NFF is PRIVATE not a government organisation. So tax payers should not be used.

Yes FANS are critical stakeholders.

That said it will be UNPROFESSIONAL for a committee to release names! The NFF can decide to release the names.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:D when last did you pay taxes in Nigeria?
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I paid N1.5 million last year. How much did you pay? :mad: :mad:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:32 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:48 pm I paid N1.5 million last year. How much did you pay? :mad: :mad:

i have never payed taxes in Nigeria
SuperEagles

gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

LoL.. This guy. You need to be a comedian. :D
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:11 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:48 pm I paid N1.5 million last year. How much did you pay? :mad: :mad:

i have never payed taxes in Nigeria
Paid…anyways the recent overreaction from Osimhen makes me question if our current players actually respect any our previous players/indigenous coaches or this is really how they see our retired heros? Might be that the only option is a ‘whitey’ that these warped minded players will respect, it’s quite sad…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why don't u also take a look at the Ghanaian coach: Akwasi Appiah
He qualified us for the world cup
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 pm why don't u also take a look at the Ghanaian coach: Akwasi Appiah
He qualified us for the world cup
Just refine your game. You won't get far hacking opponents players down in Qatar.