Official: Super eagles to play Mexico on May 28th

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Official: Super eagles to play Mexico on May 28th

Post by naijaguy »

I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Official: Super eagles to play Mexico on May 28th

Post by Ugbowo »

In Dallas too! Excellent!!!

Hopefully we have a real coach then.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

That will be a sell-out crowd..
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Guess our homebased guys will get an opportunity for revenge after last years demolition
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:14 pm Guess our homebased guys will get an opportunity for revenge after last years demolition
They better not try that nonsense. If its home based, I no go near that stadium and Mexico sef no go gree.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I don't know if I can watch. The pain will be too much. This should be warm up games for the WC. If we play well on that quality pitch in Dallas, it will only make me wonder what might have been in Qatar. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Waste of time :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

One thing is sure, a lot of teams will want to play with us before the world cup. That's the only good thing we'll get for not qualifying.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:17 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:14 pm Guess our homebased guys will get an opportunity for revenge after last years demolition
They better not try that nonsense. If its home based, I no go near that stadium and Mexico sef no go gree.
Actually it might not be, this match is a week after most top 5 leagues conclude, I'm just not sure if its a FIFA window
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:30 pm
Actually it might not be, this match is a week after most top 5 leagues conclude, I'm just not sure if its a FIFA window
It'll be like last year's end of season friendlies. The main team and some fringe guys should be available.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mexico is looking for a morale booster after getting abused by the USA the last five times they met. Mexico beat us 4-0 last time and they believe they can do it again

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We will have a new coach by then and hopefully a good one who will hope to assemble a good core of foreign based players across Euope and try our his tactics...why the heck should we waste such opportunity inviting home based players that will get slapped around again?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

None of the main guys will show up. We dont even have a coach.
Ugbowo wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:35 pm
It'll be like last year's end of season friendlies. The main team and some fringe guys should be available.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:36 pm Mexico is looking for a morale booster after getting abused by the USA the last five times they met. Mexico beat us 4-0 last time and they believe they can do it again
Difference is they beat a nearly coachless team of home based players haphazardly cobbled together with little or no training sessions...this time they will be facing our main core of foreign based players with some exciting additions under a new coach (and hopefully a good one), to top it all it will be in Texas which has probably the largest Nigerian demography in the US, I'm excited for the game!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:58 pm None of the main guys will show up. We dont even have a coach.
Ugbowo wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:35 pm
Old man we already have a shortlist of coaches already announced, I'm sure before May 28th we should already have a coach :roll:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:00 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:36 pm Mexico is looking for a morale booster after getting abused by the USA the last five times they met. Mexico beat us 4-0 last time and they believe they can do it again
Difference is they beat a nearly coachless team of home based players haphazardly cobbled together with little or no training sessions...this time they will be facing our main core of foreign based players with some exciting additions under a new coach (and hopefully a good one), to top it all it will be in Texas which has probably the largest Nigerian demography in the US, I'm excited for the game!
Me too! I want a victory in this game as a consolation prize for missing out on the Mundial.

Wha choo looking at?!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I love your optimism but…
I’m not sure our best players will show
I’m not sure we’ll have a new coach
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

And the Mexicans will occupy 99% of the seats and, like many friendlies Mexico has played Nigeria, watch their team win.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

scholl wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:20 am
And the Mexicans will occupy 99% of the seats and, like many friendlies Mexico has played Nigeria, watch their team win.
They have only beaten Nigeria once in a friendly, that one time being that home based debacle. The other two friendlies were draws. In fact in one friendly against Mexico, Mexico only escaped with a draw because Ike Uche missed an injury time PK.

Wha choo looking at?!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:57 am
scholl wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:20 am
They have only beaten Nigeria once in a friendly, that one time being that home based debacle. The other two friendlies were draws. In fact in one friendly against Mexico, Mexico only escaped with a draw because Ike Uche missed an injury time PK.
You are correct. I had attended a game some years back, perhaps it was a draw but it was a very terrible showing by Nigeria.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We are supposedly playing Ecuador as well.

The fact this game is in the US, I dont expect a lot of our guys to show up.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

In fact do we not have afcon qualifiers to play ?

So we will travel to the US and then come back to play afcon ?

Like do these clowns ever think ? We have learned nothing from the just concluded debacle.

Or is this another opportunity to pimp homebased and get disgraced again ?

These eeeediots should schedule friendlies in Europe