SUPER EAGLES IN AMERICA - CE MEMBERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
SUPER EAGLES IN AMERICA - CE MEMBERS

Post by Ugbowo »

Despite everything, I am still a die hard SE fan. I, my friends and some of my soccer club members purchased tickets to the Dallas game today. About 20 total and we are trying to look forward to it. It helps that the Nigerian Texas Challenge Cup for amateur teams is in Dallas that same weekend so it's a perfect set up.

I spoke with Egbon Larry Ashagbe and he's a die hard as well. He plans to attend the games and is talking to the parents of some of our SE players to gauge interest.

It's always good to see CE Members.

Who dey show Dallas? Or is the NY/NJ game more convenient?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER EAGLES IN AMERICA - CE MEMBERS

Post by Tobi17 »

Already booked my ticket as all, good thing Dallas is second home to me after LA, see you guys there :thumbs:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Since we had to cancel our trip to Qatar, man still has to watch the Super Eagles play! Insha allah, I will be in Dallas that day. Where is 1naija? I need a ride to Dallas from Houston in his Uber car. Hopefully , he isn't already booked?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 pm Despite everything, I am still a die hard SE fan. I, my friends and some of my soccer club members purchased tickets to the Dallas game today. About 20 total and we are trying to look forward to it. It helps that the Nigerian Texas Challenge Cup for amateur teams is in Dallas that same weekend so it's a perfect set up.

I spoke with Egbon Larry Ashagbe and he's a die hard as well. He plans to attend the games and is talking to the parents of some of our SE players to gauge interest.

God willing, I will be in the NJ game but not Dallas.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 pm Despite everything, I am still a die hard SE fan. I, my friends and some of my soccer club members purchased tickets to the Dallas game today. About 20 total and we are trying to look forward to it. It helps that the Nigerian Texas Challenge Cup for amateur teams is in Dallas that same weekend so it's a perfect set up.

I remember when Larry used to talk to players. Now he is talking to their parents :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Hopefully can make the NJ game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

I'd have joined y'all but I dey attend wedding that memorial day weekend. Thanks for reaching out to boys. I'd like to catch when another game is scheduled. Which one is in NJ and when?
Last edited by scholl on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Btw any link to tickets for NJ one?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, anything for the boys? Just send 2 tickets my way and the lord will bless you.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:12 am

I remember when Larry used to talk to players. Now he is talking to their parents :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Time flies….hey.

Not spoken to Larry for years. Hope he is ok and well.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:00 am Uncle, anything for the boys? Just send 2 tickets my way and the lord will bless you.

LOL. You still dey talk about bots? You neva graduate to uncle? Kai, years don pass oooo!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I might attend one of the games if they’re not using home-based players.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I will make both games. Are we staying in any one's house?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:32 pm I might attend one of the games if they’re not using home-based players.
They will be using homebased.

I've seen one media already report an agreement for "A" teams.

We have 2 afcon qualifiers in June. You think they will go to America play 2 matches then fly back to play afcon qualifiers ?

Already lost interest.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE

Not so fast.

Players not involved in the ECL should be available. All leagues in Europe should be over. The concern will be assembling for first game v Mexico on May 30. Some will arrive late and participate only in the Ecuador game. Nevertheless it is likely that a far greater numer of players in the squad will be based in Europe. Note this will constitute the first games under a new manager and can influence players that the Manager shall use thereafter. Note the manager will have no other games before the two AFCON qualifiers that must take place before June 14.
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:13 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:32 pm I might attend one of the games if they’re not using home-based players.
They will be using homebased.

I've seen one media already report an agreement for "A" teams.

We have 2 afcon qualifiers in June. You think they will go to America play 2 matches then fly back to play afcon qualifiers ?

Already lost interest.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm hearing Peseiro has been confirmed to be the new coach.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

If there’s a game in NJ (probably Metlife Stadium), I’ll definitely attend with my son. Who are we playing in NJ and when?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Just checked online, the friendly match (Nigeria Vs Ecuador) is on Thursday 2nd June 2022. Both teams will clash at the 25,000 –capacity Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey – home to Major League Soccer’s New York Red Bulls. Less than 25 miles from me, l’ll definitely make it. The match is currently not listed though.

https://www.newyorkredbulls.com/schedul ... 2022-04-16
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...foreign based no wan come real match na common friendly dem go fly across Atlantic to come go thru NFA's shenanigans.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I have heard from 2 SE starters so far who are EXCITED about these games in the US.

NFF plans to bring the A squad for the friendlies.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:47 pm I have heard from 2 SE starters so far who are EXCITED about these games in the US.

It makes sense. In my view, the friendlies will be critical for each player given the fact that the games will be under the new technical crew.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let me guess who the 2 starters are...

Awoniyi and Onyekuru? No offense to them, but let me know when real starters like Iwobi, Ndidi, Noble, Osimhen, and King Ekong indicate interest.
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:47 pm I have heard from 2 SE starters so far who are EXCITED about these games in the US.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I don't think the friendly match between Nigeria and Ecuador on Thursday 2nd June 2022 is happening. A month before the match, tickets are not on sale online. Even the venue did not confirm the match. These NFF folks are something else :( :oops:.