SUPER EAGLES IN AMERICA - CE MEMBERS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER EAGLES IN AMERICA - CE MEMBERS

Post by Igugu »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 pm Despite everything, I am still a die hard SE fan. I, my friends and some of my soccer club members purchased tickets to the Dallas game today. About 20 total and we are trying to look forward to it. It helps that the Nigerian Texas Challenge Cup for amateur teams is in Dallas that same weekend so it's a perfect set up.

I spoke with Egbon Larry Ashagbe and he's a die hard as well. He plans to attend the games and is talking to the parents of some of our SE players to gauge interest.

It's always good to see CE Members.

Who dey show Dallas? Or is the NY/NJ game more convenient?
NY/NJ for me. It is 3 hrs drive from my hometown in Connecticut, taking traffic into consideration.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Igugu wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:16 am
Ugbowo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 pm Despite everything, I am still a die hard SE fan. I, my friends and some of my soccer club members purchased tickets to the Dallas game today. About 20 total and we are trying to look forward to it. It helps that the Nigerian Texas Challenge Cup for amateur teams is in Dallas that same weekend so it's a perfect set up.

I spoke with Egbon Larry Ashagbe and he's a die hard as well. He plans to attend the games and is talking to the parents of some of our SE players to gauge interest.

NY/NJ for me. It is 3 hrs drive from my hometown in Connecticut, taking traffic into consideration.
In addition to the TX game, i can make the NY/NJ game, as well. Are we all lodging at yours for the NY/NJ game? Just have to know how one can get to Connecticut from the airport -- JFK.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I gives an eff about these friendliest
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

As long as Salisu is coaching the team, I aint going. Only exception is if they hire a new coach before the game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

danfo driver wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:40 am

In addition to the TX game, i can make the NY/NJ game, as well. Are we all lodging at yours for the NY/NJ game? Just have to know how one can get to Connecticut from the airport -- JFK.
A danfo driver asking for directions to CT from an airport? Why don’t you ask the Taxi driver? :biggrin: :taunt:
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Do we have a Coach yet ??
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

blueangel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:41 pm Do we have a Coach yet ??
Salisu is actually a good coach. He will surprise many.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

greg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:40 am

Oh stop it! He has been in every one of our coaching staff setup. In fact I think when Rohr was around he was listed as the coach and Rohr was the technical adviser. You can take that for what it is. If he has no input on the team, then why is he still getting jobs?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Last time i say Larry was in Tunis, how does he look now??
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

greg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:40 am
He is a criminal. No one gives a crap about his ability, when he is a criminal. Only in Nigeria! Tufia! Who cursed us?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

scholl wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:57 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:40 am

A danfo driver asking for directions to CT from an airport? Why don’t you ask the Taxi driver? :biggrin: :taunt:
Oh boy! Danfo is for local use only, so I no too know road outside my domain. :D

By the way, the mods said we are all lodging together so we can be able to head to the games together and cheer the team on. I believe Ugbowo is housing us in Texas. have you atleast send him a pm to specify your dietary restrictions?

Wasnt sure if Igugu is the one housing us in Connecticut or if someone else will be.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

i have confirmed my flight. Igugu, please US embassy is asking on their form for the address I will stay. Can you kindly send your address. I have to complete the form this weekend and send to the agent by Monday, morning. Thanks.

Also, how far is Connecticut. I imagine the consular officer may ask, since I am including in the form that my sole reason for visit is to watch the 2 SE games.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Finally bound for Harrison, NJ

Post by Enugu II »

Finally, my son has set us up for 5 tickets to watch Nigeria take on Ecuador in Harrison, NJ on June 2 night!! I am looking forward to it and a brief holiday in NJ.

Who else is set?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Finally bound for Harrison, NJ

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:30 am Finally, my son has set us up for 5 tickets to watch Nigeria take on Ecuador in Harrison, NJ on June 2 night!! I am looking forward to it and a brief holiday in NJ.

Who else is set?
Okay, so after you and your son, there's still 3 tickets left... :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

As we move forward past AFCON 2022, and Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers, the rebuilding of the SuperEagles Of Nigeria has began.

The SuperEagles have 4 matches within the next month.

Mexico (May 28, Arlington, Texas, USA). Friendly.
Ecuador (June 2. Harrison, New Jersey, USA). Friendly.
Sierra Leone (June 9, Abuja, Nigeria). 2023 African Cup of Nations Qualifier.
São Tomé and Príncipe (June 13, Morocco). 2023 African Cup of Nations Qualifier.

Nigeria has put an increased emphasis on the friendlies as they serve as the only FIFA window before the 2023 AFCON qualifiers begin.

For players, this is one of the better opportunities to maintain match fitness, and reinforce team chemistry under a new coach ahead of the important games against Sierra Leone, and São Tomé and Príncipe.

For fans, it is a rare opportunity to watch the SuperEagles play one of the World Cup bound teams.

Tickets for the SuperEagles of Nigeria vs La Tri of Ecuador friendly match on Thursday, June 2nd in Harrison, NJ are available!

Supporter's Club , and SuperEagles fans are encouraged to be in SECTIONS 101, 102 & 103.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/ecuador-na ... A498105D41

There is a great sports history and culture across the North East region, and the SuperEagles are excited to have the opportunity to play in front of their fervent fans who they know will come from far and wide as they always do.

Soccer continues to develop, and grow across the U.S., and the SuperEagles are proud to be part of that.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:36 am
Enugu II wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:30 am Finally, my son has set us up for 5 tickets to watch Nigeria take on Ecuador in Harrison, NJ on June 2 night!! I am looking forward to it and a brief holiday in NJ.

Who else is set?
Naaa. My wife, my other son and daughter. Entire family headed to the game. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:27 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:36 am

Who else is set?
Naaa. My wife, my other son and daughter. Entire family headed to the game. LOL.
NY/NJ coming thru. I am coming thru. More details re the pre game Naija / Afrobeat fiesta outside stadium coming soon.
Any hope of a CyberEagles meetup before game?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I'll probably do the game at Red Bull stadium but I'll do the Texas game if the Mama Calabar caucus takes me to ONYX.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

OJI wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:47 pm Image

As we move forward past AFCON 2022, and Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers, the rebuilding of the SuperEagles Of Nigeria has began.

The SuperEagles have 4 matches within the next month.

Mexico (May 28, Arlington, Texas, USA). Friendly.
Ecuador (June 2. Harrison, New Jersey, USA). Friendly.
Sierra Leone (June 9, Abuja, Nigeria). 2023 African Cup of Nations Qualifier.
São Tomé and Príncipe (June 13, Morocco). 2023 African Cup of Nations Qualifier.

Nigeria has put an increased emphasis on the friendlies as they serve as the only FIFA window before the 2023 AFCON qualifiers begin.

For players, this is one of the better opportunities to maintain match fitness, and reinforce team chemistry under a new coach ahead of the important games against Sierra Leone, and São Tomé and Príncipe.

For fans, it is a rare opportunity to watch the SuperEagles play one of the World Cup bound teams.

Tickets for the SuperEagles of Nigeria vs La Tri of Ecuador friendly match on Thursday, June 2nd in Harrison, NJ are available!

Supporter's Club , and SuperEagles fans are encouraged to be in SECTIONS 101, 102 & 103.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/ecuador-na ... A498105D41

There is a great sports history and culture across the North East region, and the SuperEagles are excited to have the opportunity to play in front of their fervent fans who they know will come from far and wide as they always do.

Soccer continues to develop, and grow across the U.S., and the SuperEagles are proud to be part of that.
That's right behind the goal post. Even though, they are slightly cheaper, I prefer the ones along the side of the pitch. Moreover, SECTIONS 101, 102 & 103 are in the lower level and the goal post could potentially obstruct your view. I just bought two tickets along the side of the pitch with decent sight lines of the action.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So who is going to Dallas? What section are your seats?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

1naija wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm So who is going to Dallas? What section are your seats?
26 of us are in Section 236. Where you dey?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I never buy ticket. I was waiting for them to appoint onyibo. :D My eye still never clear from wetin Eguavoen and his supporters (uncle cellulite and bigporky) show us.. :veryangry: :veryangry:
Ugbowo wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:41 pm
1naija wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm So who is going to Dallas? What section are your seats?
26 of us are in Section 236. Where you dey?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.