BOSSO Names 40 for U20 Camp......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
BOSSO Names 40 for U20 Camp......

Post by Enugu II »

Bosso invites 40 for WAFU B U-20 Championship in Niger
https://soccernet.ng/2022/04/bosso-invi ... niger.html
Rilwan Balogun by Rilwan Balogun 19 hours ago in News, NewsNow, Nigeria 0

Flying Eagles have been drawn to play in a regional tournament to decide teams to qualify for the African Youth Championship

Head coach of the Nigeria’s national U-20, the Flying Eagles, Ladan Bosso has invited 40 players to camp ahead of their WAFU B tournament in Niger.

The list of invited players was released on Monday and the players expected to resume to the Spring Hotels, Abuja camp of the team on the same day.

The Flying Eagles have been drawn with Ghana and Burkina Faso in group B of the tournament.

Players invited to camp were drawn from upper and lower division clubs in the country including Plateau Utd, Enyimba, Akwa Utd, Shooting Stars, Remo Stars and others.

The players invited for the tournament slated to hold between 7th and 20th May are;

Goalkeepers: Orya Joseph (Lobi Stars); Nathaniel Nwosu (Water FC); Jimoh Saheed (Adoration FC); Chijioke Anianboso (Giant Brillars)

Defenders: Njoke Augustine (Abia Warriors); Gabriel Adewara (Ikorodu United); Babaji Abubakar (Niger Tornadoes); Okoli Augustine (Giant Brillars); Hassan Shuaibu (Smart City); Uzochukwu Ezeobi (Zamfara United); Opeyemi Omoloye (Amure City); Frederick Benjamin (ABS FC); Monsuru Oyinmade (A&A Academy); Adegbite Emmanuel (Enyimba FC); Bolu Shotimade (Akwa United); Adamu Saidu (Water FC)

Midfielders: Anas Hassan (Vandrezzer FC); Okeowo Oluwaseyi (3SC); Shehu Sada (Nasarawa United); Promise Harrison (SuperStars Academy); Lawal Samson (Katsina United); Clinshak Longba (Plateau United); Aminu Muhammad (Gombe United); Abdulmajeed Ibrahim (Global FC); Onuche Ogbelu (FOSLA Academy); Jejeko Ola (Coment FC); Hussaini Garba (Maikunkele FC); Divine Nwachukwu (Adoration FC); Sulaiman Kirki (Kebbi United); Munir Idris (Niger Tornadoes); Aminu Yahaya (Nnewi United); Tolulope Simon Ojo (Remo Stars); Muhammad Sambo Shehu (Katsina United)

Forwards: Emmanuel Ogbole (FC Basira); Ifeanyi Ogba (Lobi Stars); Sopurochukwu Kelechi (HP Academy); Henry Ndubuisi (Cydos FC); Ibrahim Yahaya (Gombe United); Aliyu Abdullahi (Nasarawa United); Ahmed Abdullah (HP Academy).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BOSSO Names 40 for U20 Camp......

Post by Damunk »

Divine Nwachukwu. Is that the same Divine kid that was lighting up the national U17 ranks a few years ago? I think he was same set as Amoo and Samson Tijani. Or is it another? He was supposed to be on another level.

Then anyone know what happened to the U13 kid that was playing with his uncles and daddies, disgracing them upandan the pitch about two years ago?
‘Suleiman’ or something.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This kid. This was 4 years ago so he must be 18 now.
Lawal Suleimon Ayomide.

He’s not on the list and I can’t find anything on him online since then.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:58 am This kid. This was 4 years ago so he must be 18 now.
Lawal Suleimon Ayomide.

He’s not on the list and I can’t find anything on him online since then.
The boy plays clown football, he doesn't look like a real property prospect. Bad scouting imho.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:13 pm Aminu Mohammed - 16/17 y/o Midfielder is having an alright debut season in the NPFL for Gombe UTD he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 14 appearances

Ibrahim Yahaya - 18 y/o Forward also for Gombe has become a very important figure so far in the league with 3 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nigeria U20: Bosso extends invitation to Dakkada starlet Ayaosi
https://futbalgalore.com.ng/2022/04/19/ ... et-ayaosi/
Ademetan Abayomi by Ademetan Abayomi April 19, 2022 in African Football

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Dakkada playmaker Emmanuel Ayaosi has been invited to the Nigeria U20 camp by Coach Ladan Bosso, Futbalgalore.com.ng reports.

The youngster who has scored four goals and provided four assists will link up with the Flying Eagles squad after his team’s league match against Remo Stars.

Ayaosi, 17 is rated as one of the next generation players plying their trade in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

A possession-based style of play is gaining more importance and recognition in modern-day football rather than a conservative and pragmatic style which is slowly becoming outdated. One of the basic needs to play a possession dominating type of football is highly skilled and technically secure midfielders who can not only retain possession and move the play forward but also win the ball back in no time.

Emmanuel Ayaosi is one such midfielder who fits the criteria of a midfielder in a possession-based system. He has been one of Dakkada’s standout players in the current NPFL campaign.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

NFF bigwigs Dikko, Fresh, Sanusi cheer Flying Eagles to victory in friendly
https://futbalgalore.com.ng/2022/04/23/ ... -friendly/
Ademetan Abayomi by Ademetan Abayomi April 23, 2022 in African Football

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Executive Members were spotted on the stands as they pumped up the Flying Eagles to victory over Cosmos FC on Saturday morning, Futbalgalore.com.ng reports.

The NFF Second Vice President Mallam Shehu Dikko, Technical Committee Chairman Alhaji Ahmed Yusuf and General Secretary Dr Mohammed Sanusi enlivened the spirits of the lads in the game they won 4-2.

Also showing support to the team was ABS Director of Football, Chief Alloy Chukwuemeka.

Goals from Aminu Mohammed, Aminu Ahmed, Aliyu Abdullahi and Adams Yakubu ensured Coach Ladan Bosso’s side secured victory.

The national U-20 side are preparing for the U-20 WAFU Cup of Nations to be staged in Niger which will also serve as qualification to the TotalEnergies U-20 Cup of Nations.

The tournament will be held in the capital Niamey from May 7 to May 20, 2022.

The Flying Eagles will come up against Ghana and Burkina Faso in the Group stage of the WAFU Zone B U20 Championship.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...all home based. Now when these kids go out and perform well they will be ignored for SE invite for foreign born of same age.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mcal wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:18 pm ...all home based. Now when these kids go out and perform well they will be ignored for SE invite for foreign born of same age.
Better edit your post before they call u a bigot.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:18 pm ...all home based. Now when these kids go out and perform well they will be ignored for SE invite for foreign born of same age.
Are they football educated? LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This is how you sell a false narrative. And people will be agreeing with you as if fact. :boo: :boo: :boo:
How many U20-level FBs have ever been invited for the SE in recent years?

I can only think of Okoye.
Uzoho isnt even FB.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk

He is actually not indirect. Under Pinnick, the number not only increased at u20 but it also included at the u17 level. Perhaps, you didnt notice but apparently several others noted it and it was discussed on these pages if I recall correctly. As I recall, there was a question whether this move was necessary at those levels or that such a move should be restricted to SE only. At the time this included all players whether born in Nigera or not, as long as they were at the time domiciled outside the country.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

There is no doubt flying Eagles will fail. Bosso has never showed evidence of any tactical nous in all his prior U20 coaching stints. It is amazing how he gets recycled at the expense of others.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:36 pm
This is how you sell a false narrative. And people will be agreeing with you as if fact. :boo: :boo: :boo:

Uzoho isnt even FB.
...could be so. U20 suppose to be stepping stone SE, so when you invite 40 home based players, and they all make up the the selected team to play in a tournament, where as usual Nigeria excels, one would expect those players to progress naturally to the senior team, but alas, foreign born, foreign groomed are invited for SE matches.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:57 pm
Are they football educated? LOL.
...and what is that exactly? football educated? If you mean proper grooming, administration, plus logistics to help team excel at matches, Nigeria have always failed in that capacity, and still failing. Afcon and WC qualification of recent past is a guide.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:36 pm
Better edit your post before they call u a bigot.
...they already are.
I wonder, why not draft 40 foreign born u20s.
I bet their are plenty Nigerian named players born to Nigerian parents all over Europe
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:53 pm Damunk

He is actually not indirect. Under Pinnick, the number not only increased at u20 but it also included at the u17 level. Perhaps, you didnt notice but apparently several others noted it and it was discussed on these pages if I recall correctly. As I recall, there was a question whether this move was necessary at those levels or that such a move should be restricted to SE only. At the time this included all players whether born in Nigera or not, as long as they were at the time domiciled outside the country.
Prof, he said “inviting fb U20s for the SE”.
That’s what I’m contesting because it never happened.
We need to keep things accurate and not create a false narrative either by accident or design.

For the record, I was at the forefront of those discussions you refer to and have always been against inviting FB players for the youth teams and I’ve always given my reasons. So I remember the debates very well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:25 am
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:36 pm

Uzoho isnt even FB.
...could be so. U20 suppose to be stepping stone SE, so when you invite 40 home based players, and they all make up the the selected team to play in a tournament, where as usual Nigeria excels, one would expect those players to progress naturally to the senior team, but alas, foreign born, foreign groomed are invited for SE matches.
Yes, one would expect a few of them to but it’s no guarantee -anywhere in the world.
At the SE level, there should be no free passes. You compete with an entire pool which includes eligible Nigerians the world over.
Even those FB Nigerians once invited to the SE that couldn’t hack it never got invited back. They are not given special status. Players like Dessers and Maja come to mind. Even Akpoguma.

So if you can’t justify your invitation, you won’t get called. Finish. No sentiment.
I’m not sure, but it kinda sounds like you are making a case for a quota - which goes against what you have generally stood for.
Or you might just be lamenting the lack of real quality at the U20 level, which is fair enough.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no mister man, I am not asking for quota, I am asking and suggesting the bulk of our home based U20 players should be part and parcel of the SE (if they perform) not the foreign born just because they attained the so called "football education" which we can also set up in Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“mcal” wrote:I am asking and suggesting the bulk of our home based U20 players should be part and parcel of the SE
Chief, that’s a myth. A totally unrealistic expectation. It doesn’t happen anywhere in the world and research backs it up. Many people believe this and you can understand why. Any nation is lucky to get 3 or 4 from their U20 ranks featuring regularly for their senior men’s teams. Nigeria is in fact doing exceptionally well in that regard, despite what many believe.
mcal wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:48 pm ... not the foreign born just because they attained the so called "football education" which we can also set up in Nigeria.
So it’s an issue of whether they are good enough - back to my point.
Like I’ve implied, either the U20 players are not progressing well enough and fast enough in their career development for whatever reason, or there are better options elsewhere.
Like it or not, any genuine footballer will talk about his football education as key.
It seems you are downplaying the importance.
I am glad to be wrong on that but maybe you need to speak with those ‘on ground’ about the kind of education our ballers are receiving.
ChiefNFAchairman is one such person.

I don’t think you have any problem recognising the poor quality of our general (mainstream) educational system so I’m a little baffled as to why you are much more impressed by our football education. And if you are saying we can (or should) be setting up world class facilities, then I agree with you 100%.
But the fact of the matter is that right now they do not exist and have not existed, so how do you expect them to have made an impact before now?
The Real Madrid Academy in PH and some other academy in Oshun (?) state are new developments.
Let’s hope they live up to the hype.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

When has that highlighted ever happened in the SE. If that is the case why is Awoniyi, Moffi etc being called but not Dessers? What of Chuba Akpom & Ovie Ejaria? Why have they not been called up but we get Frank Onyeka?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

mcal wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:48 pm ...no mister man, I am not asking for quota, I am asking and suggesting the bulk of our home based U20 players should be part and parcel of the SE (if they perform) not the foreign born just because they attained the so called "football education" which we can also set up in Nigeria.
Bro, you are not making sense. In the last AFCON for instance are Nwakali, Iheanacho, Uzoho, Awoniyi, Omeruo, Musa, Shehu, Simon, Chukwueze, Akpeyi, Awaziem, Ejuke etc, passed through either U17, U20 or both, are they foreign born? Even Ozonwafor & Amoo are most likely going to be called in the nearest future. I no even mention Onyekuru. Please name any former U20 player that has been left out for foreign born players just because they are born aboard. Just mention one name.