Ex- Internationals plot NFF takeover.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ex- Internationals plot NFF takeover.

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:11 pm Mutiu, Amuneke, Eguavoen, Lawal, Ikpeba, Okocha, etc were until a couple of weeks ago in charge of our football, or what do you mean by not in charge?
maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm
1naija wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:32 pm For starters, they act like they know everything about football eventhough many of them have not done anything to improve their knowledge of the game since their playing days. They mostly are spectators like Odegbami. Kudos to King Yobo for calling him out for what he is .... a mere spactator.
maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:26 pm
asabatex wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:56 pm The class of 1994 are destroying Nigerian football; they will not stop until there is complete destruction... :(
Please explain how?
But they are not in charge of Nigerian football...they can say whatever they want, but its those running our footie that have the capability to improve/destroy Nigerian football...
Pinnick, sports minister and co are in charge of football administration in Nigeria, not sure where you got it that these guys were in charge of the direction our footie goes in the country, not a single one has been in the position an Etoo is right now…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think it's time to look beyond the 94 generation as leaders and start looking at Mikel's generation as coaches and administrators. 94 was 28yrs ago, most of them haven't really done much to suggest that still have something to offer.

Olofinjana, Mikel, even local players of same generation.
OCCUPY NFF!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

:ohmy:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:09 pm https://www.completesports.com/exclusiv ... president/

The main problem is that the NFF chair is elected not selected,every state gets a vote through its football association . As a result the chairmanship is "rotated" amongst the so called football geo-political zones like we rotate poverty and misery when choosing the President.

This will be a tough task for the former players but they may be able to succeed if they stick together. However, after seeing how they were bowing for Tinubu they might not necessarily be a better option than the Pinnicks of the world. Goodluck to them!
We are about to get it wrong again just like we get it wrong with our state and national politics.

What have these ex-internationals achieved in their private businesses or other leadership positions.

Abeg, if it's someone like Emenalo, olofinjana, Odegbami or even that former commsiiner in Rivers, I'll understand.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:09 pm https://www.completesports.com/exclusiv ... president/

The main problem is that the NFF chair is elected not selected,every state gets a vote through its football association . As a result the chairmanship is "rotated" amongst the so called football geo-political zones like we rotate poverty and misery when choosing the President.

This will be a tough task for the former players but they may be able to succeed if they stick together. However, after seeing how they were bowing for Tinubu they might not necessarily be a better option than the Pinnicks of the world. Goodluck to them!
All those state chairmen get a big brown envelope from the current leadership at regular intervals and after every match involving any of our national teams especially the Super Eagles. All of them are loyal.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:57 pm

Emir,

I have communicated with some of them offline but in my view there is a lot of obsolete thinking. There should be a better vision of a creative type if leadership that is able to seek and sustain private funding. That is central.
Prof. you have nailed it. with this quote.. "There should be a better vision of a creative type if leadership that is able to seek and sustain private funding. That is centra"

As of now. As bad as some think Amaju Pinnik is and was as NFF Chair. I doubt there is someone in the caliber of what you just stated exists. Amaju was an expert of that. Hate him all you want. He was blinded by Oyinbo knows all. Very sad. Thats been his achile hills. Who in Nigeria have the foresight to bring what the NFF needs as Chair. Please not the former players. These are hungry bunch with no clue and education.

Vision is never there forte. Like someone alluded to. What investment have they done into Football in Nigeria? The smallest thing as to building Academies they can not even do. Go to Brazil and see how ex Internationals have taken the bull by the horn . Its like everyone of the ex players have one or two academies all over brazil churning out talents.

Let whoever wants to be NFF Chair come out and contest and tell us his or her vision for Nigerian Football and how they are going to implement them. Just like running for political office. If the position is not strictly on Merritt. Then we have another Nigeria failure continua. Truth is bitter..