Protest against NFF president Amaju Pinnick in Abuja??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Protest against NFF president Amaju Pinnick in Abuja??

Post by Purity »

Nigerians in Abuja took to the streets demanding the arrest and prosecution of FA President/FIFA Council member Amaju Pinnick for destroying their football and using it for personal gain.

@FrancisGaitho
·
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Protest against NFF president Amaju Pinnick in Abuja??

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Like play like play.. Fire on the mountain..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Hmmmm, this sounds too good to be true. There're more signs than protesters. Hopeful it grows larger.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The Nigerian Police was alive to its responsibilities today when it stopped a rival group from infiltrating a peaceful protest demanding for the resignation of President Amaju Pinnick and the entire NFF Executive Committee after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the 2022 W/C

The protesters staged a little rally at the Unity Fountain during which their leaders spoke about the instituitionalised corruption at the NFF,which has caused the country’s No 1 sport to suffer from one setback to another under the watch of Amaju Pinnick in the last eight years

Source: Inside Glass House
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Now this is what I'm talking about, people trying to hold to appropriate people responsible...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...well, they asked him to destroy our football by firing a coach weeks before a major tournament. That destroyed the moral of the team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:33 pm ...well, they asked him to destroy our football by firing a coach weeks before a major tournament. That destroyed the moral of the team.
They asked him the same thing after the World Cup why did he defend the coach then and reward him with a new contract then and suddenly now he’s not to blame for his own decisions? A decision that even his own Technical Director disagreed with. Don’t blame his decision on others, it lands squarely on his shoulders…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:03 pm
mcal wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:33 pm ...well, they asked him to destroy our football by firing a coach weeks before a major tournament. That destroyed the moral of the team.
They asked him the same thing after the World Cup why did he defend the coach then and reward him with a new contract then and suddenly now he’s not to blame for his own decisions? A decision that even his own Technical Director disagreed with. Don’t blame his decision on others, it lands squarely on his shoulders…
What does 2018 have to do with anything? He rewarded Rohr with a new contract after the WC with the expectation that the team would do better, they went on to win Bronze at Afcon after not DNQ for 2 successive Afcons.

He then fires the coach weeks before Afcon and 3months before the final WC game. The team had its worst showing in generations at Afcon and lost the WC ticket. Both scenarios are not even comparable.

Pls stop the propaganda.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Let's be clear..... This is a protest that has been long coming and has little or nothing to do with the ouster from the WC or the AFCON. Only the uninitiated will think that it has. This protest is related to a long held anger against this NFF and has far reaching issues that many on this CE (myself included on some issues) may not like including the recruitment of certain class of players, the overall agenda of the NFF, the access to largesse, etc....Thus, first understand what the issues are and understand those behind this very protest. .....At the moment the struggle is only at a nascent stage but note that the letter writing campaigns (using various media) has been underway for weeks and there is more in the offing..... The question is will Amaju survive it and who may have his/her head involved as swell .... we watch.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not that I have any sympathies for Pinnick, but I find this rather fishy...
Just smells a little fishy to me...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:50 pm Let's be clear..... This is a protest that has been long coming and has little or nothing to do with the ouster from the WC or the AFCON. Only the uninitiated will think that it has. This protest is related to a long held anger against this NFF and has far reaching issues that many on this CE (myself included on some issues) may not like including the recruitment of certain class of players, the overall agenda of the NFF, the access to largesse, etc....Thus, first understand what the issues are and understand those behind this very protest. .....At the moment the struggle is only at a nascent stage but note that the letter writing campaigns (using various media) has been underway for weeks and there is more in the offing..... The question is will Amaju survive it and who may have his/her head involved as swell .... we watch.
You wish!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:02 pm Not that I have any sympathies for Pinnick, but I find this rather fishy...
Yup. Unknown gunmen, unknown Bandits, we now have Unknown protesters. Why are we only seeing pics of the signs and not the protesters? Both Pinnick and the people behind the protest need to stay away from our football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:02 pm Not that I have any sympathies for Pinnick, but I find this rather fishy...
Txj

It is fishy. Make no mistake about this. People have all kinds of goals and this appears to be an opening that they seek. It is currently heated but better believe that Pinnick will fight back. For instance, the protest that took place involved individuals that appear to have the tacit support of the Minister and note that some of these individuals have records that I consider to be far worse that Pinnick.

Surely, the coming days and weeks will be very interesting. Watch the media reports that have come out recently and then that will follow the protests thst took place today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:30 pm
Txj

It is fishy. Make no mistake about this. People have all kinds of goals and this appears to be an opening that they seek. It is currently heated but better believe that Pinnick will fight back. For instance, the protest that took place involved individuals that appear to have the tacit support of the Minister and note that some of these individuals have records that I consider to be far worse that Pinnick.

Surely, the coming days and weeks will be very interesting. Watch the media reports that have come out recently and then that will follow the protests thst took place today.

People who are serious about reforming the NFF should first address the enabling act on the NFF passed by the Senate.
There needs to be a change in that.

I have actually written FIFA on this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Purity wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:50 pm The Nigerian Police was alive to its responsibilities today when it stopped a rival group from infiltrating a peaceful protest demanding for the resignation of President Amaju Pinnick and the entire NFF Executive Committee after the Super Eagles failed to qualify for the 2022 W/C

The protesters staged a little rally at the Unity Fountain during which their leaders spoke about the instituitionalised corruption at the NFF,which has caused the country’s No 1 sport to suffer from one setback to another under the watch of Amaju Pinnick in the last eight years

Source: Inside Glass House
with those naija players even if you guys qualify you will be out in first round ,and i do acept peakmilk you have resign if you get shame ,he should not waith till september . to avoid fifa ban,even if gorvernment force him out ,idont care if they ban super eagles shameless people.
thanks
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:57 am
Txj

People who are serious about reforming the NFF should first address the enabling act on the NFF passed by the Senate.

The set of guys leading this protest should not be anywhere near the NFF or else we are back to the dark ages. I think they simply see an opening and seeking to take advantage. While one does not see Pinnick as any kind of ideal leader, he is preferred to this bunch organizing a protest.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

TXJ, If it smells like fish, then eat the fish. It's meal no matter how you look at it.

On a serious note, I think Pinnic and his crew should all resign, or be swept out of their positions.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is a staged protest by some people. How come the signs used so far were already made and printed. If these were done instantly they signs would all have been written with regular markers.
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 pm
txj wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:57 am
Txj

The set of guys leading this protest should not be anywhere near the NFF or else we are back to the dark ages. I think they simply see an opening and seeking to take advantage. While one does not see Pinnick as any kind of ideal leader, he is preferred to this bunch organizing a protest.
These bandwagons everyone is jumping into are by all indications ill-adviced; embarking on a narrow emotional tangent without a better alternative waiting in the wings is the same approach that booted ROHR with no one to fill that void
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."