NFF never contacted New coaches it appointed.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF never contacted New coaches it appointed.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://punchng.com/nff-yet-to-contact- ... aches/?amp

None of the coaches recently :rotf: appointed by the NFF has been contacted or interviewed for the job. They just picked their names and gave it to the communications director to announce. Nobody... ever spoke to Ike or Finidi about the job. Not once if this report is true.

Well, sometimes you just have to laugh and not take the NFF seriously. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We're in much deeper trouble than I ever imagined. Mek i siddon look jare. :laugh: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF never contacted New coaches it appointed.

Post by Lolly »

Don’t believe everything you read especially with Punch these days. Remember some newspaper said the same about Amunike when he was appointed just before AFCON, only for us to see him turn up at the camp. Once you see “an anonymous source”, just know it’s the journalist himself talking.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:33 am Don’t believe everything you read especially with Punch these days. Remember some newspaper said the same about Amunike when he was appointed just before AFCON, only for us to see him turn up at the camp. Once you see “an anonymous source”, just know it’s the journalist himself talking.
The fact that he turned up in camp does not mean though that he was contacted and asked if he wanted the job, talkless of being assessed with other candidates. He said in a recent interview that he hadn't signed any contract before the contract was withdrawn.

I hope he was even paid for his services. The problem is, these guys can't speak up when they're wronged because they depend so much on the NFF for jobs.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I hope this is untrue..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:29 am
Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:33 am Don’t believe everything you read especially with Punch these days. Remember some newspaper said the same about Amunike when he was appointed just before AFCON, only for us to see him turn up at the camp. Once you see “an anonymous source”, just know it’s the journalist himself talking.
The fact that he turned up in camp does not mean though that he was contacted and asked if he wanted the job, talkless of being assessed with other candidates. He said in a recent interview that he hadn't signed any contract before the contract was withdrawn.

I hope he was even paid for his services. The problem is, these guys can't speak up when they're wronged because they depend so much on the NFF for jobs.
KPOM. The fact that he turned up does not mean he had been informed. In fact, in Amuneke's case I recall reading somewhere (it may have also been posted on CE) that he had not been contacted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:30 pm

KPOM. The fact that he turned up does not mean he had been informed. In fact, in Amuneke's case I recall reading somewhere (it may have also been posted on CE) that he had not been contacted.
Reading somewhere that he had not been contacted is what I am talking about. Don’t believe what you read. It was fake news.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:45 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:30 pm

Reading somewhere that he had not been contacted is what I am talking about. Don’t believe what you read. It was fake news.
Lolly

Why is your post here not fake news? Why should I believe you and not a news report that expressly quotes Amuneke claiming that he was not contacted?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

SPORTNigeria vs Ghana: Amuneke speaks on NFF appointing him Super Eagles coach
Published on February 7, 2022By Don Silas
https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/07/nigeria ... les-coach/

Former Barcelona winger, Emmanuel Amuneke, has reacted to reports linking him with the vacant Super Eagles coaching job.
Reports had emerged that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had appointed Amuneke to join Augustine Eguavoen as joint-head coach of the national team.

The Super Eagles are officially without a handler after Eguavoen stepped down from his interim role following Nigeria’s early exit from the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

Eguavoen took over after Gernot Rohr was sacked last December.

The NFF, however, initially named Jose Peseiro as the Super Eagles substantive head coach, but that appointment is yet to be ratified.

Peseiro is yet to be officially unveiled even with the 2021 AFCON concluded and Senegal emerging as champions of the continent after beating Egypt in the final on Sunday.

That has led to reports suggesting that Eguavoen has been offered the job permanently with Amuneke to support him.

Speaking on the development, Amuneke said that no one from the NFF has contacted him concerning any offer.

“I’m not aware of any appointment with the Super Eagles or any job with the Nigerian government,” Amuneke told The Sun Sports.

“I just returned to my base in Spain from the CAF Technical Study Group duty at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, and I read the story of my appointment from the Internet.

“I was in the team’s hotel in Cameroon countless times, and there was no time the appointment was discussed with me.

“Right now, nobody has contacted me, not even the NFF or the Sports Ministry. Until an offer is made, I will rather not talk on that.”
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Seems like we like to live in confusion. What does it take for the NFF to clearly state
what is going on within the federation?
I guess when those in charge are clueless and have no clear program to pursue, anything goes.
And this circles back to my original statement of our institutions loving to thrive in confusion,
where actions and statements can be manipulated.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

joao wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:13 pm Seems like we like to live in confusion. What does it take for the NFF to clearly state
what is going on within the federation?
I guess when those in charge are clueless and have no clear program to pursue, anything goes.
And this circles back to my original statement of our institutions loving to thrive in confusion,
where actions and statements can be manipulated.
The current NFF has lost legitimacy, they cannot in good faith continue without call8ng for early elections to sort out leadership. Nothing they do will matter unless they resign and allow new leadership to take over. However, Niaja no dey resign so buckle up and siddon look.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Former Barcelona winger, Emmanuel Amuneke, has reacted to reports linking him with the vacant Super Eagles coaching job.
Reports had emerged that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had appointed Amuneke to join Augustine Eguavoen as joint-head coach of the national team.

The Super Eagles are officially without a handler after Eguavoen stepped down from his interim role following Nigeria’s early exit from the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

The NFF, however, initially named Jose Peseiro as the Super Eagles substantive head coach, but that appointment is yet to be ratified.

Peseiro is yet to be officially unveiled even with the 2021 AFCON concluded and Senegal emerging as champions of the continent after beating Egypt in the final on Sunday.

That has led to reports suggesting that Eguavoen has been offered the job permanently with Amuneke to support him.

Speaking on the development, Amuneke said that no one from the NFF has contacted him concerning any offer.

“I’m not aware of any appointment with the Super Eagles or any job with the Nigerian government,” Amuneke told The Sun Sports.

“I just returned to my base in Spain from the CAF Technical Study Group duty at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, and I read the story of my appointment from the Internet.

“I was in the team’s hotel in Cameroon countless times, and there was no time the appointment was discussed with me.

“Right now, nobody has contacted me, not even the NFF or the Sports Ministry. Until an offer is made, I will rather not talk on that.”

Is this even a discussion, Pinnick was live in TV telling everyone that Peseiro was the manager contract signed and all…..all a bunch of lies..

The pull out a list of Managers from a list they asked me for from a former player….none of them were contacted or even called…..

Funny thing is I was with Cocu and he laughed off the suggestion that he was on a shortlist….

NFF is a joke….unfortunately, that does not bode well for Nigeria as a whole
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:06 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Is this even a discussion, Pinnick was live in TV telling everyone that Peseiro was the manager contract signed and all…..all a bunch of lies..

The pull out a list of Managers from a list they asked me for from a former player….none of them were contacted or even called…..

Funny thing is I was with Cocu and he laughed off the suggestion that he was on a shortlist….

NFF is a joke….unfortunately, that does not bode well for Nigeria as a whole
Enyi,

It is all designed for media coverage. I bet that they never contacted several of those coaches that they mentioned to the media. The possibly went into negotiation straight up with Peseiro and never contacted or talked with anyone else. This is done just for PR sake and to sell a dummy to the media, pretending that they actually have worked hard on securing a coach... The Minister called them out on this, already.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

This is so shameful. I don’t even blame the NFF because they know they can’t afford the names they released to the media. I blame our journalist that are all looking for media officer roles rather than doing there damn job.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

packerland wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:28 am This is so shameful. I don’t even blame the NFF because they know they can’t afford the names they released to the media. I blame our journalist that are all looking for media officer roles rather than doing there damn job.
That’s my issue….in fact, what I believe is the issue of Nigeria and Africa as a whole….

I remember when I went back to meet my wife’s Dad….I got into an argument with some guy at the Airport, he was trying to rip me off and I got heated and some woman there told me, it’s not his fault, that’s him trying to earn…..

I turned red….

Trying to earn…..???!!!, my issue then became the woman, you stand by that…? I asked her

The behaviour u ignore or walk by, is the behaviour u condone.

These journalist and the the fans…allow this behaviour to stand, someone needs to have a television programme where these guys gets asked honest questions, gets challenged…

It will be a hit…it will be like something never seen b4
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:57 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:28 am This is so shameful. I don’t even blame the NFF because they know they can’t afford the names they released to the media. I blame our journalist that are all looking for media officer roles rather than doing there damn job.
That’s my issue….in fact, what I believe is the issue of Nigeria and Africa as a whole….

I remember when I went back to meet my wife’s Dad….I got into an argument with some guy at the Airport, he was trying to rip me off and I got heated and some woman there told me, it’s not his fault, that’s him trying to earn…..

I turned red….

Trying to earn…..???!!!, my issue then became the woman, you stand by that…? I asked her

These journalist and the the fans…allow this behaviour to stand, someone needs to have a television programme where these guys gets asked honest questions, gets challenged…

Ol boy I just ran into a similar thing recently, but the person condoning the fraudulent behavior was a family member who grew up back there. Even after I showed them proof that what the person was trying to pull was actually illegal and against the rules but they just kept telling me ‘that’s how things are done in Nigeria’ even when I’m showing her Nigerian law and rules that say that it’s illegal and should not be done that way. I just don’t get that place…worst thing it seems if you are from that environment you are conditioned to condone fraudulence, dishonesty and such as the norm and expected. Then they’ll tell you that there are those that would swindle you even more, that you should actually be grateful this person is only defrauding you a little…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:22 am

I turned red….

Ol boy I just ran into a similar thing recently, but the person condoning the fraudulent behavior was a family member who grew up back there. Even after I showed them proof that what the person was trying to pull was actually illegal and against the rules but they just kept telling me ‘that’s how things are done in Nigeria’ even when I’m showing her Nigerian law and rules that say that it’s illegal and should not be done that way. I just don’t get that place…worst thing it seems if you are from that environment you are conditioned to condone fraudulence, dishonesty and such as the norm and expected. Then they’ll tell you that there are those that would swindle you even more, that you should actually be grateful this person is only defrauding you a little…
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I’m sure I told the story here of a friend of mine who’s goods had been seized at the MM Airport for refusing to pay the correct import tax on his equipment and failing to convince the customs guys there to accept a fairly hefty bribe.
Their new no-nonsense Oga was around and bluntly insisted on him paying the correct amount due.

Later, my friend was actually wondering aloud, saying he “couldn’t understand what was wrong with him (the Oga)”. :rotf:
The irony was completely lost on my friend and I had to point it out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:02 am

I turned red….

I’m sure I told the story here of a friend of mine who’s goods had been seized at the MM Airport for refusing to pay the correct import tax on his equipment and failing to convince the customs guys there to accept a fairly hefty bribe.
Their new no-nonsense Oga was around and bluntly insisted on him paying the correct amount due.

Later, my friend was actually wondering aloud, saying he “couldn’t understand what was wrong with him (the Oga)”. :rotf:
:rotf: Kai I’m sure he called the Oga an ‘enemy of progress’ lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I turned red….

talk about derailing a thread 101 . my goodness, now instead of football, they are talking about airport etc.. if yall want to discuss such head over to freaking rant and rave
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:22 pm

I turned red….

talk about derailing a thread 101 . my goodness, now instead of football, they are talking about airport etc.. if yall want to discuss such head over to freaking rant and rave
I actually thought the experience was due to my skin colour….hey now I know that “it is the norm”….it is baffling….

I mean u get swindled in several places ie Morocco even Turkey but to foreigners that look and speak differently not locals….

Anyways back to football…..

While these guys are delaying….

Hibs in Scotland has contacted Cocu….

Are u telling me that Hibs can pay their manager more than Nigeria?

Something is wrong somewhere….

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I turned red….

I actually thought the experience was due to my skin colour….hey now I know that “it is the norm”….it is baffling….

I mean u get swindled in several places ie Morocco even Turkey but to foreigners that look and speak differently not locals….

Anyways back to football…..

While these guys are delaying….

Hibs in Scotland has contacted Cocu….

Are u telling me that Hibs can pay their manager more than Nigeria?

Something is wrong somewhere….

-Martin Luther King- Jr.