Do you believe this Villarreal story?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Do you believe this Villarreal story?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Villarreal has offered Prince Kelechi a 4yr contract but his agent wants him to stay in Nigeria for NPFL and national youth experience. He's a 19yr old winger. Abeg discuss.

https://www.completesports.com/villarea ... year-deal/

"The player’s agent, however, wants his client to have experience of playing in the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) and exposure in any of Nigeria’s national youth teams before leaving for Europe in order help him to break easily into their main team instead of playing with the reserves."
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Do you believe this Villarreal story?

Post by olu »

I hope it's true. We often hear stories of our players being chased by top clubs only for them to end up signing for a club in Turkey, Russia, or some other lesser tier league.

Btw, I wonder if he'll be invited to the U-20 squad by Ladan Bosso?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

How good is this kid,

Oga sunset
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:51 am How good is this kid,

Oga sunset

If this story is true, he must be a dn good winger for Villarreal to offer a 4yrs contract without trials. He can supposedly play on both wings and as a striker. The only SE winger I remember being able to play anywhere on the front line is Chinedu Ogbuke.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Dennis can do that too.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:05 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:51 am How good is this kid,

Oga sunset

If this story is true, he must be a dn good winger for Villarreal to offer a 4yrs contract without trials. He can supposedly play on both wings and as a striker. The only SE winger I remember being able to play anywhere on the front line is Chinedu Ogbuke.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

This is how “top level” European clubs traffic African youngsters, under the guise of an offer. They’ll end up in “lesser” leagues on “loan” before they return to play for lower division club in “top tier” Europe. At that point, value from youthful athleticism has been extracted, then …….. onto the next African “prospect”.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

scholl wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:56 am This is how “top level” European clubs traffic African youngsters, under the guise of an offer. They’ll end up in “lesser” leagues on “loan” before they return to play for lower division club in “top tier” Europe. At that point, value from youthful athleticism has been extracted, then …….. onto the next African “prospect”.

I think Villarreal has a very good record of player development. A 4yr offer from Villarreal is a very good offer for a 19yr old out Nigeria without any exposure. If he's as good as advertised a Villarreal offer is likely the fastest route to making it. I could be wrong though
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Is this not the classic hoarding tactics that FIFA has decried?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:03 pm Is this not the classic hoarding tactics that FIFA has decried?
Yes.
But they are only concerned with ‘young’ players, not youth players under 20.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

...And how much is the four-year contract worth to the player, and what's
the transfer fee to the NPFL club? I hope the main aim for the Naija club is
not to simply use the player to make money, and then leave him to rot wherever he ends at.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges