Walter Zenga applies for SE job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Walter Zenga applies for SE job

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:35 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:48 am
asabatex wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:45 am Based on Wikipedia..the "applicant" with the best resume is Ernesto Valverde. I personally do not believe that any foreign coach applied for the Nigeria job. May be Walter Zenga can apply for the goalie coach
Valverde is a decoy there to make the list look better than it is. Nigeria couldn't pay Rohr, keshi orAmodu on time. Da foiks dey gonna pay Valverde to live in Nigeria.
That’s an improper use of the word - decoy
Change am to decoration in ya head. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:30 pm Pls confirm with Fabio.
He is the Master of Spin.
So he might find a way of turning 3 into 2. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Mr UEFA CUP final was celebrating a GOLDEN BRONZE at his 3rd attempt at his FOURTH international job.

Westerhoff was celebrating a GOLDEN GOLD at his 3rd attempt at his FIRST international job.

Figures don't lie, however, liars can figure :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:48 am
asabatex wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:45 am Based on Wikipedia..the "applicant" with the best resume is Ernesto Valverde. I personally do not believe that any foreign coach applied for the Nigeria job. May be Walter Zenga can apply for the goalie coach
Valverde is a decoy there to make the list look better than it is. Nigeria couldn't pay Rohr, keshi orAmodu on time. Da foiks dey gonna pay Valverde to live in Nigeria.
Cocu has been contacted by Hibs in the Scottish premier league…..

U can’t tell me that Hibs can afford to pay their manager more than NFF
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:40 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:30 pm Pls confirm with Fabio.
He is the Master of Spin.
So he might find a way of turning 3 into 2. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Mr UEFA CUP final was celebrating a GOLDEN BRONZE at his 3rd attempt at his FOURTH international job.

Westerhoff was celebrating a GOLDEN GOLD at his 3rd attempt at his FIRST international job.

Figures don't lie, however, liars can figure :D
Is this your cunny-cunny way of confirming it was at his third attempt or not?
That's what maceo4 is asking you, unkulu.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Spinner. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:22 pm
fabio wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:05 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:29 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:49 pm
cchinukw wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:29 pm Nigeria's SE team is now a destination for hey you handlers. How are the mighty fallen.
Ironically even during our "mighty days", we were coached by the same hey you's...your best managers of today (Westerhoff etc) had no prior coaching pedigree before they became our national team handlers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Otto Gloria probably the exception.
Westerhoff did a better job, than Mr UEFA Cup Final :D
Only because you weren’t around to sack him before winning it on his third attempt!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Thank God for that!
Damunk

But obviously you are spinning. Are you not? Westerhoff was producing and did not have at any time a stretch of poor results as we witnessed under Rohr. Westerhoff not only showed his mettle with AFCON in 1992 and then won in 94. In between, he created a ream tgat was feared in the continent. Rohr similarly built up a strong squad that could be considered top tier but was clearly tottering with embarrassing home results. There is a difference there. Do not forget that Rihr was celebrated for being Nigeria's longest serving manager! Not so? So what is it about not having the time? Apparently, three others before him had shorter tenure and still won the diadem. So why again did Mr. Rohr need a longer time when the record shows he had the longest tenure?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 am Is this your cunny-cunny way of confirming it was at his third attempt or not?
That's what maceo4 is asking you, unkulu.

KISS - Keep It Simple, Spinner. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Maceo4, asked you the question. Do the honourable thing, answer the question.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:27 am
cchinukw wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:29 pm Nigeria's SE team is now a destination for hey you handlers. How are the mighty fallen.
Ironically even during our "mighty days", we were coached by the same hey you's...your best managers of today (Westerhoff etc) had no prior coaching pedigree before they became our national team handlers.
Only because you weren’t around to sack him before winning it on his third attempt!
Thank God for that!
Damunk

But obviously you are spinning. Are you not? Westerhoff was producing and did not have at any time a stretch of poor results as we witnessed under Rohr. Westerhoff not only showed his mettle with AFCON in 1992 and then won in 94. In between, he created a ream tgat was feared in the continent. Rohr similarly built up a strong squad that could be considered top tier but was clearly tottering with embarrassing home results. There is a difference there. Do not forget that Rihr was celebrated for being Nigeria's longest serving manager! Not so? So what is it about not having the time? Apparently, three others before him had shorter tenure and still won the diadem. So why again did Mr. Rohr need a longer time when the record shows he had the longest tenure?
Prof this your aiding and abetting no get part two.
Let me use your style to make my point;

“You need to remember” the number of attempts Westerhoff had at AFCON, and what he achieved in that time frame.
“You need to remember” the number of attempts Rohr had at AFCON and what he achieved in roughly the same time frame.

It sounds funny that you are spinning him ‘guilty’ of failing to win AFCONs that didn’t exist!

Oh, I forgot. He didn’t win AFCON 2022. My bad! :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 am
Thank God for that!
Damunk

“You need to remember” the number of attempts Westerhoff had at AFCON, and what he achieved in that time frame.
“You need to remember” the number of attempts Rohr had at AFCON and what he achieved in roughly the same time frame.

It sounds funny that you are spinning him ‘guilty’ of failing to win AFCONs that didn’t exist!

Damunk

How many attempts at AFCON did Keshi get to win his it and how many did Gloria get to win it? How many did Westerhoff or Keshi get to reach the final 16 of the World Cup?

If you think about the above, you will know why Rohr's tenure is enough to attempt a comparison. Always realize that Rohr had done nothing to anoint him manager for life. LOL. He was already the longest serving and deservedly let ho when his team started a nose dive. No big deal. We've moved on. Managers get appointed and let go. Rohr was no special manager and his time was duly up.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:57 am
Damunk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 am

Thank God for that!
Damunk

Damunk

How many attempts at AFCON did Keshi get to win his it and how many did Gloria get to win it? How many did Westerhoff or Keshi get to reach the final 16 of the World Cup?

If you think about the above, you will know why Rohr's tenure is enough to attempt a comparison. Always realize that Rohr had done nothing to anoint him manager for life. LOL. He was already the longest serving and deservedly let ho when his team started a nose dive. No big deal. We've moved on. Managers get appointed and let go. Rohr was no special manager and his time was duly up.
Prof, we are talking about Westerhoff and AFCON at the moment!
And I wasn't the one that brought him up. I'm just responding to a specific point.
The whole thread is generally about foreign handlers and I believe your friend brought up Westerhoff.
So Keshi isn't really pertinent to the discussion right now. :taunt: