2022 WAFCON DRAW: We play South Africa again.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
2022 WAFCON DRAW: We play South Africa again.

Post by Adisboy »

Time for another revenge mission, similar to what we did to Ivory Coast in the qualifiers.The draw

Group A: Morocco, Burkina Faso, Senegal & Uganda
Group B: Cameroon, Zambia, Tunisia & Togo
Group C: Nigeria, South Africa, Burundi & Botswana.

I can see the Falcons reclaiming the crown once again. Burundi & Botswana better be prepared for a beatdown.
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: 2022 WAFCON DRAW: We play South Africa again.

Post by packerland »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:05 pm Time for another revenge mission, similar to what we did to Ivory Coast in the qualifiers.The draw

I can see the Falcons reclaiming the crown once again. Burundi & Botswana better be prepared for a beatdown.
Group A is weaker than Group C. How did they come up with the pots for the draw? CAF is not serious.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

packerland wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm
Adisboy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:05 pm Time for another revenge mission, similar to what we did to Ivory Coast in the qualifiers.The draw

Group A is weaker than Group C. How did they come up with the pots for the draw? CAF is not serious.
That means you have not been reading what I have been posting.
You young and very young people who don't know, and don't follow, what has been going on in Africa.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yes but is a function of seeding. The host country is automatically seeded and so were Nigeria and Cameroon based on record. Note that it is similar to the way Qatar is seeded for the next World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:28 pm

Yes but is a function of seeding. The host country is automatically seeded and so were Nigeria and Cameroon based on record. Note that it is similar to the way Qatar is seeded for the next World Cup.
It is fraud, complete fraud.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Oguleftie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:18 pm

I'm not arguing against the host country getting an easier draw. It's the norm even though I don't think it helps in a tournament that is been used for WC qualification. My issue here is why are we in the same group with South Africa? We are ranked 39 by FIFA while Cameroon and South Africa are ranked 521 and 571 respectively. Take rankings aside, SA are one the stronger team in the continent. CAF is useless and this stinks of something else :evil:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

packerland wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:31 pm

I'm not arguing against the host country getting an easier draw. It's the norm even though I don't think it helps in a tournament that is been used for WC qualification. My issue here is why are we in the same group with South Africa? We are ranked 39 by FIFA while Cameroon and South Africa are ranked 521 and 571 respectively. Take rankings aside, SA are one the stronger team in the continent. CAF is useless and this stinks of something else :evil:
You young and very young people who don't know, and don't follow, what has been going on in Africa.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Oguleftie wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:44 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Since you felt compelled to post your complaint about young people twice, I feel compelled to inform you that no one is obligated to read your posts since you don’t pay anyone to. If you want to be relevant then share your thoughts and stop whining :idea: 😃❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I hope the falcons win this tournament. We need a win BAAAAAAAAAADDDD! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!