NPFL/LA LIGA U15 Tournament (2022) - Remo Stars Champions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NPFL/LA LIGA U15 Tournament (2022) - Remo Stars Champions

Post by Damunk »

Wow.
It looks like Remo Stars are building their own stadium from what I'm seeing.
That is very commendable if true.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL/LA LIGA U15 Tournament (2022)

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:29 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:24 amIt makes little sense to abandon what worked really well for half-hearted experiments which ultimately fail because the base on which they’re founded is not well funded enough to sustain the effort. The NFF should consider working with secondary schools and higher institutions to revive secondary school football and establish a viable University soccer program. The secondary school program, supplemented with academy football, takes care of our footballing needs upto U-17 level. The university program will provide the base for our over 17 footballing needs❗️
There's NNPC/Shell Cup (national) and GTBank Masters Cup (Lagos State Principals Cup)...
There's also NUGA Games and HIFL (Higher Institutions Football League) for tertiary institutions.
It’s good that these are there but do they take place on a consistent basis?

One off tournaments are important but we need a steady dose of league-style play, in decent facilities, at the lower levels❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:41 pmIt’s good that these are there but do they take place on a consistent basis?

One off tournaments are important but we need a steady dose of league-style play, in decent facilities, at the lower levels❗️
Yes, they do (of course NUGA is periodic but still consistent)...
Apart from the COVID period (and ASUU strikes), these are yearly competitions.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:21 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:41 pmIt’s good that these are there but do they take place on a consistent basis?

Yes, they do (of course NUGA is periodic but still consistent)...
Apart from the COVID period (and ASUU strikes), these are yearly competitions.
I think we can both agree that a lot more is needed than just a yearly tournament. I am suggesting a season long league style competition which culminates with some sort of knockout competition, followed by the National Acadamicals Cup or whatever it was called. They used to have that back in the days, on a state by state basis❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:37 pmI think we can both agree that a lot more is needed than just a yearly tournament. I am suggesting a season long league style competition which culminates with some sort of knockout competition, followed by the National Acadamicals Cup or whatever it was called. They used to have that back in the days, on a state by state basis!
No, they did not. It was the same annual Principals Cup...
Only difference now is that, in addition to the state competitions, there's the national competition (NNPC/Shell Cup).

Not all states have the Principals (or Governor's) Cup, but that's not necessarily new...
The only distinction presently is that instead of the collective 'Academicals' teams, the state champions play in the Shell Cup.

In addition, the Principals Cup is now contested in male and female categories...
And the collective (Academicals-type) teams only contest in the National Sports Festivals.

There's no Silver Bullet (or one-size-fits-all) to youth development...
In Nigeria, there are schools, states, LGAs, regional, and national youth competitions - in addition to "Academies".
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:13 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:37 pmI think we can both agree that a lot more is needed than just a yearly tournament. I am suggesting a season long league style competition which culminates with some sort of knockout competition, followed by the National Acadamicals Cup or whatever it was called. They used to have that back in the days, on a state by state basis!
No, they did not. It was the same annual Principals Cup...
Only difference now is that, in addition to the state competitions, there's the national competition (NNPC/Shell Cup).

Not all states have the Principals (or Governor's) Cup, but that's not necessarily new...
The only distinction presently is that instead of the collective 'Academicals' teams, the state champions play in the Shell Cup.

In addition, the Principals Cup is now contested in male and female categories...
And the collective (Academicals-type) teams only contest in the National Sports Festivals.

There's no Silver Bullet (or one-size-fits-all) to youth development...
In Nigeria, there are schools, states, LGAs, regional, and national youth competitions - in addition to "Academies".
Yes they did, at least in the MidWest. Teams were divided into 4 groups that played a round robin and the top 2 qualified for the quarterfinals of the Edo Osagie Cup.

Every state had a knockout competition. They might not all have had the same name but the competitions existed.

Initially, the MidWest had the Edo Osagie Cup but later on, they added the Principals Cup. The logic behind maintaining two different cup competitions was based on the fact that schools like Hussey College and Edo College who had HSC programs had an unfair advantage. Participation in the Principals Cup was limited to students in Class V and below. The Principals Cup was run the exact same way as the Edo Osagie Cup; a round-robin stage followed by a knockout stage❗️

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pmYes they did, at least in the MidWest. Teams were divided into 4 groups that played a round robin and the top 2 qualified for the quarterfinals of the Edo Osagie Cup.

Every state had a knockout competition. They might not all have had the same name but the competitions existed.

Initially, the MidWest had the Edo Osagie Cup but later on, they added the Principals Cup. The logic behind maintaining two different cup competitions was based on the fact that schools like Hussey College and Edo College who had HSC programs had an unfair advantage. Participation in the Principals Cup was limited to students in Class V and below. The Principals Cup was run the exact same way as the Edo Osagie Cup; a round-robin stage followed by a knockout stage❗️
No, every state did NOT! In the North, it was (and mostly remains) usually a regional competition...
Otherwise, how is the highlighted any different from what I wrote? Or a "league style competition"?! :shock:

Anyway, seems you just like to talk to yourself, so will leave you to proceed with your monologue. Cheers.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu May 12, 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:54 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:40 pmYes they did, at least in the MidWest. Teams were divided into 4 groups that played a round robin and the top 2 qualified for the quarterfinals of the Edo Osagie Cup.

How is that any different from what I wrote? Or a "league" type competition?! :shock:
Seems you just like to talk to yourself, so I'll let you proceed with your monologue. Cheers.
… and I thought we were just having a pleasant conversation. I forgot I was dealing with a rude, uncouth agboro who calls himself Gotti. Shame on me. You will never get that chance ever again❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu May 12, 2022 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

*Crickets*
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Top Goals from the Tournament
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Toxicarrow wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 pm Top Goals from the Tournament
For me, that Goal no 9 is undisputed. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Then Goal no 1.
Then Goal no 3.

Great watch. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

What’s La Liga’s role here?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I would draft Nathanel Nwosu into the Super Eagles after the WAFU tournament is over. Bloody good goalkeeper.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.