DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Post by bret- hart »

I hope you continue to cry like a Lil biatch. Eeeediot.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:50 am
Undertaker wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:13 am A lot of moron on CE aka BP and others who think missing the World cup is a good thing for Nigeria! Oloshi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that mouth wey you use to disrespect folks on CE, i hope when i see you for main road, nah the same energy you go carry come

Shut up there one time! every time I have seen you on the street of Houston, your act like area boy asking me for change and begging me to bless you. I will keep my money in my pocket from now on! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Undertaker on Tue May 03, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There is an actual cure to this. It's called a JOB!!!

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:01 am I still cannot and refuse to believe that SE will not be in Qatar when the whistle blows in November for the WC. It still doesn’t feel real to me until I actually see it live with my korokoro eyes. Really? How many years of our lives are we going to waste supporting a lost cause? How we got from a favorite to win Afcon and qualify for WC to DNQ and 2nd rd Afcon exit is a film trick I’m having issues with. I mean, what happened to the WC quarter finals at least goal? Some even suggested WC semis but now we won’t even see the opening ceremony. God punish all those who advocated for the firing of Rohr 3 weeks to Afcon. May you all meet the same fate in your work that SE did, the end. Ko ni da fun gbogbo yin patapata. :curse: Ofo le se. :curse: :curse: Atubotan yin oni da. Y’all know y’all selves so just say amen to the curse that I’ve put on ya head and say Amen. :curse: :curse: :curse:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:50 am
Undertaker wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:13 am A lot of moron on CE aka BP and others who think missing the World cup is a good thing for Nigeria! Oloshi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that mouth wey you use to disrespect folks on CE, i hope when i see you for main road, nah the same energy you go carry come

Shut stop there one time! every time I have seen you on the street of Houston, your act like area boy asking me for change and begging me to bless you. I will keep my money in my pocket from now on! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ok
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Orion wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:13 am
wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:18 am
Orion wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:15 pm You're an SE fan and I know it’s hard to see through the pain and anguish of not qualifying. But the people who wanted Rohr fired actually got exactly what they deserved. You reap what you sow.

Since 2018, these SE fans never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. They believe he should have been sacked because he didn’t get to the 2nd round of the WC from a group with Argentina and Croatia. In 2018, Argentina was ranked 5, Croatia 20, Nigeria 48. Yes, you can finish ahead of a higher-ranked team, but that would depend on that team dropping the ball, not you. Yet Rohr should have been sacked because he didn't finish ahead of those teams. Talk about delusion.

Their lack of appreciation and sense of entitlement got them exactly what they deserved.
We should have sacked ROHR after WC 2018 so that we have a new coach that will prepare us for the 2022 WC. Failure to do that was what led us to where we are now! That's the SAD reality.

Rohr should go to another country where he can display his genius for all to see! I mean Keshi went to TOGO and qualify them for the WC. So Rohr should go to Niger, Tanzania, Republic of Benin etc and qualify them for the WC.

Nigeria went to previous WC and we were not afraid of teams ranked higher than us!
Feel free to keep living in your delusional world, but the FACTS remain.

- Rohr achieved ALL objectives before he was fired - FACTS.
- Since he was fired, SE failed ALL objectives - FACTS.

We knew you guys will never own up to your mistakes and hence will repeat them again and again.

I hope you enjoy qualifying for the 2nd round of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar delivered to you by coach Eguaveon in whatever delusional world you live in. :rotf:
Maybe his employers realize that they set the WRONG objectives for him.

It is people like you that did not see the direction that we were heading after the WC which made the clueless NFF to sack him at the WRONG time. His sack was however LONG over due.

I know people like you will like to blame Eguavoen for the SE misadventure. Unlike you, it has NOTHING to do with Eguavoen and ALL to do with NFF and Rohr who both wasted years not making any progress.

As painful as missing the WC might be, it may be for the better if we learn from the experience. 2018 WC what did we achieve? Also rans?

I expect a very good coach like Rohr to get another team and show what he is capable of doing :thumb:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

In a strange way although Very Painful it's good that we did not make the World Cup and will not be in Qatar.
Not qualifying also shows how fast Nigeria is deteriorating and the rot infecting every aspect of our society.
Qualifying.
Hopefully this disappointment will also Fix our Football
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 pm
Orion wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:15 pm You're an SE fan and I know it’s hard to see through the pain and anguish of not qualifying. But the people who wanted Rohr fired actually got exactly what they deserved. You reap what you sow.

Since 2018, these SE fans never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. They believe he should have been sacked because he didn’t get to the 2nd round of the WC from a group with Argentina and Croatia. In 2018, Argentina was ranked 5, Croatia 20, Nigeria 48. Yes, you can finish ahead of a higher-ranked team, but that would depend on that team dropping the ball, not you. Yet Rohr should have been sacked because he didn't finish ahead of those teams. Talk about delusion.

Their lack of appreciation and sense of entitlement got them exactly what they deserved.
We should have sacked ROHR after WC 2018 so that we have a new coach that will prepare us for the 2022 WC. Failure to do that was what led us to where we are now! That's the SAD reality.

Rohr should go to another country where he can display his genius for all to see! I mean Keshi went to TOGO and qualify them for the WC. So Rohr should go to Niger, Tanzania, Republic of Benin etc and qualify them for the WC.

Nigeria went to previous WC and we were not afraid of teams ranked higher than us!

We knew you guys will never own up to your mistakes and hence will repeat them again and again.

I hope you enjoy qualifying for the 2nd round of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar delivered to you by coach Eguaveon in whatever delusional world you live in. :rotf:

It is people like you that did not see the direction that we were heading after the WC which made the clueless NFF to sack him at the WRONG time. His sack was however LONG over due.

I know people like you will like to blame Eguavoen for the SE misadventure. Unlike you, it has NOTHING to do with Eguavoen and ALL to do with NFF and Rohr who both wasted years not making any progress.

As painful as missing the WC might be, it may be for the better if we learn from the experience. 2018 WC what did we achieve? Also rans?

I expect a very good coach like Rohr to get another team and show what he is capable of doing :thumb:
Wanajo, may you live long.

People don't want to ask some critical questions. One can only believe that they can't handle the truth. Was there any semblance of a team? After 5+yrs. After the best enabling environment accorded a SuperEagles coach in the modern era? That fraud masquerading as a coach had to recall a retired Ighalo to save his a$#. Were Ighalo and Musa going to play till they were in their 40's? Just like on the field, and obviously off the field, he has no concept of transitions, and planning proactively for them. This is one of many issues, among others that have been said on this forum, and in private.

SuperEagles qualified, and succeeded in spite of his geriatric 'input'. His input was to select the players. Ideally foreign born. The rest, on game day, boiled to individual heroics, wishing, and praying. Setting the tone for the team. Non existent. Psychological preparation of the players. Zero. Game Management. Zero. Game day tactics. Zero. Reaction, and recovery after adverse events. Zero. Frozen like a deer in the light. Long term plan was to hope a world class athlete would be made to switch allegiances.

Rohr was a strategic, tactical, technical, cultural, and psychological misfit for the SuperEagles. I could go on.

Pinnick hired this fraud for his own agenda. Now the next coach would be left to clean up their mess, and do a reset.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 pm Maybe his employers realize that they set the WRONG objectives for him.

I've said it here many times. I don't blame Eguavoen for the disaster. I blame people like you who constantly whined and never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. With so much whining and complaining from folks like you, NFF eventually acted (possibly even against what Pinnick really wanted, reading between the lines in his recent interviews). We all witnessed the disastrous effect of the move.

Rohr was getting the results needed to achieve our objectives with a relatively limited talent pool in many areas, goalkeeper, midfield, etc (and no, the coach cannot manufacture talent for Nigeria). But that was not enough for people like you with delusional expectations and an inflated sense of our talent pool.

Learn from what experience? Abeg don’t make me laugh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The only thing NFF "learned" from this experience is that they will promptly hire another foreign coach. Oh, yes. Y’all are gonna keep whining for a long time to come because another "Rohr" is on the way.

We missed the WC because of a last-minute disastrous mistake that you all egged on (while some of us here sounded the alarm). Keep consoling yourself with the "learn" lie.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Orion wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:22 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 pm Maybe his employers realize that they set the WRONG objectives for him.

I've said it here many times. I don't blame Eguavoen for the disaster. I blame people like you who constantly whined and never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. With so much whining and complaining from folks like you, NFF eventually acted (possibly even against what Pinnick really wanted, reading between the lines in his recent interviews). We all witnessed the disastrous effect of the move.

Rohr was getting the results needed to achieve our objectives with a relatively limited talent pool in many areas, goalkeeper, midfield, etc (and no, the coach cannot manufacture talent for Nigeria). But that was not enough for people like you with delusional expectations and an inflated sense of our talent pool.

The only thing NFF "learned" from this experience is that they will promptly hire another foreign coach. Oh, yes. Y’all are gonna keep whining for a long time to come because another "Rohr" is on the way.

We missed the WC because of a last-minute disastrous mistake that you all egged on (while some of us here sounded the alarm). Keep consoling yourself with the "learn" lie.
We should indeed build a monument for Rohr for equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC?

Pinnick set the bar so LOW and when he realizes his 'mistake' he panicked.

Said it many times, we should have sacked Rohr after the 2018 WC. A world round exit at the WC is never good enough objective for Nigeria. If people like you are satisfied with 1st round exit the rest of us are not!

I don't blame Rohr for trying to milk the SE. I remember when we were told to celebrate Vogts (aka Betty Stash) for his ability to give the players good massage :clap:

Nothing Rohr did that was above our 'usual' performance.

We failed to qualify for the WC because NFF ignored the wise counsel of sacking Rohr after the 2018 WC so that the new coach will have enough time to build a new team!

The sack of Rohr was the RIGHT thing to do but it came about 3 years late.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 am
We should indeed build a monument for Rohr for equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC?

We need to build the biggest monument for Rohr.

His achievements:

Longest serving SE coach.

Highest winning ratio

Equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC.

Winning GOLDEN Bronze.

AfCon and WC qualification.

Rohr the greatest :woot:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 am We should indeed build a monument for Rohr for equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC?

Said it many times, we should have sacked Rohr after the 2018 WC. A world round exit at the WC is never good enough objective for Nigeria. If people like you are satisfied with 1st round exit the rest of us are not!

I don't blame Rohr for trying to milk the SE. I remember when we were told to celebrate Vogts (aka Betty Stash) for his ability to give the players good massage :clap:

We failed to qualify for the WC because NFF ignored the wise counsel of sacking Rohr after the 2018 WC so that the new coach will have enough time to build a new team!

Before Rohr - AFCON DNQ x 2. :boo:
With Rohr - we qualified for ALL competitions. :thumb:
After Rohr - worst AFCON in 40 yrs, World Cup DNQ. :boo:

Indeed we should build a monument for Rohr. :agree:

Pinnick is trying to hire another FC just like him. Maybe even someone with less credentials than Rohr. I guess he realizes he made a mistake listening to cry babies like you.

You will have another coach just like Rohr at the helm coaching the SE soon, which will be proof that sacking him was a mistake. You'll have to deal with it!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Some of you guys are still at this??

You have made yourself believe that the comment of a fellow CE member has any bearings on the decisions made at the FA. I understand you need a more responsive scape goat (read: an opposing view on CE) to give you comfort as you vent, but rest assured the rot will still be there whether you call out a fellow CE member (on an "I told you so basis") or not

The fact of the matter is, we are not going to the world cup so get past this , enjoy the tournament and to the extent that YOU can influence the NFF , the players , coaches etc...better start influencing now otherwise just sit around and enjoy the show and not take life too seriously

To me, football is an entertainment. If Nigeria does well, Im happy, if not Im sad but as someone once said, it doesn't put food on my table, so best to get on with it lest you get consumed by the negativity leading to unnecessary insults heaps on fellow CE members

Have fun and don't go grey like me :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

OJI wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:57 pm

People don't want to ask some critical questions. One can only believe that they can't handle the truth. Was there any semblance of a team? After 5+yrs. After the best enabling environment accorded a SuperEagles coach in the modern era? That fraud masquerading as a coach had to recall a retired Ighalo to save his a$#. Were Ighalo and Musa going to play till they were in their 40's? Just like on the field, and obviously off the field, he has no concept of transitions, and planning proactively for them. This is one of many issues, among others that have been said on this forum, and in private.

SuperEagles qualified, and succeeded in spite of his geriatric 'input'. His input was to select the players. Ideally foreign born. The rest, on game day, boiled to individual heroics, wishing, and praying. Setting the tone for the team. Non existent. Psychological preparation of the players. Zero. Game Management. Zero. Game day tactics. Zero. Reaction, and recovery after adverse events. Zero. Frozen like a deer in the light. Long term plan was to hope a world class athlete would be made to switch allegiances.

Rohr was a strategic, tactical, technical, cultural, and psychological misfit for the SuperEagles. I could go on.

Pinnick hired this fraud for his own agenda. Now the next coach would be left to clean up their mess, and do a reset.

You must not be paying attention.

Egu also called up Musa and Ighalo to "save his behind" against Ghana and thrust them both on in the crucial final phase of the game.

There are also reports of Salisu Yusuf calling them up for our up and coming qualifiers.

What serious nation acts like this ?

Our demise goes WAY BEYOND ROHR. But easy for you to blame who will fit your narrative.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

akamoke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:22 pm Some of you guys are still at this??

You have made yourself believe that the comment of a fellow CE member has any bearings on the decisions made at the FA. I understand you need a more responsive scape goat (read: an opposing view on CE) to give you comfort as you vent, but rest assured the rot will still be there whether you call out a fellow CE member (on an "I told you so basis") or not

The fact of the matter is, we are not going to the world cup so get past this , enjoy the tournament and to the extent that YOU can influence the NFF , the players , coaches etc...better start influencing now otherwise just sit around and enjoy the show and not take life too seriously

To me, football is an entertainment. If Nigeria does well, Im happy, if not Im sad but as someone once said, it doesn't put food on my table, so best to get on with it lest you get consumed by the negativity leading to unnecessary insults heaps on fellow CE members

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: nothing more to add oo, we missed 2006 WC, we came back to qualify for 3 straights.. it is entertainment and not a matter of hunger etc.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

OJI wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:57 pm

oh my brother, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: may you live long, may you enjoy the fruits of your labor, may your entire generations and the one to come enjoy the peace of the Lord with abundant blessings. Thank you for this well written and excellent summary of the horrible experience we as SE fans suffered under the longest most pampered ever coach in our history
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You are an absolute clown of a human being. Full of utter nonsense from your head to your toe.

Nothing Rohr did was above our "usual performance"
?

That is an outright lie pushed by the racists like yourself who will never stop bitching so long as we have a foreign coach.

Pray tell when Nigeria beat a defending afcon champ 4-0 in a world cup qualifiers? Pray tell when Nigeria would qualify with such ease from a group of death and could even afford to forfeit a match, lose 3 points AND STILL QUALIFY.

The answer is NEVER. Never before had Nigeria been so stone cold efficient in WCQ as we were in 2018. Not even Westerhoff could claim such. That is certainly an achievement your racist #$% cannot admit.

You then claim fauling to qualify for WC was on Rohr because the new coach "did not have enough time with the team"

Another outright LIE and falsehood coming out of your stinking mouth.

So how much time did Otto Addo have with Ghana that he beat Egus team ?

Did Egu not have 4 matches at afcon that Addo DID NOT HAVE, TO GET TO KNOW HIS TEAM ?

Come to think of it Egu had MORE MATCHES THAN ROHR HAD, to know his team before the start of his 2018 qualifying campaign.

As I remember Rohr only had ONE MATCH, a dead rubber afcon qualifier against Tanzania, before he started the amazing 2018 WCQ in the group of death.

So Egu had more games than not only Otto Addo, but also Gernot Rohr yet still was outperformed by BOTH COACHES. 4 more games than Addo and 3 more games than Rohr. Meaning that Egu is a mediocre coach who failed on his own accord and can blame nobody else. Yet you make stupid excuses for your "local" God.

Nigerian national coaches are by in large mediocre and lazy. That is the truth that many do not want to hear. They are entitled and see no reason to improve themselves, but use their connections for handouts. No way will I ever tolerate such garbage. No sir.

We have all seen the results of hiring such losers.

No 2022 world cup

Worst afcon in 30 years

No 2017 afcon

No 2015 afcon

No Mas no Mas no Mas!!!

Enough is enough.

I will take the journiest of journeymen, it will still be a tremendous upgrade, and if it angers you till your heart explodes, then let it be done.

You being the lying racist you are must put up false narratives. Luckily people see through your garbage and will call your stinking lying #$% out.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed May 04, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 am

We need to build the biggest monument for Rohr.

His achievements:

Longest serving SE coach.

Highest winning ratio

Equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC.

Winning GOLDEN Bronze.

AfCon and WC qualification.

Rohr the greatest :woot:
When surrounded by incompetent local coaches before AND AFTER him who achieved failures to qualify for both afcons and world cups, yes Goldden Bronze and a world cup we were 5 minutes from qualifying from a group of death is AMAZING.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Let me repeat again so the clowns can get it.

No 2022 world cup

Worst afcon in 30 years

No 2017 afcon

No 2015 afcon

Don't the say the definition of stupid is to do the same thing over and expect a different result ?

That such an average coach like Rohr could stand out on an island of relative calm in the middle of stormy seas of failure just shows the full level of disfunction and abject incompetence surrounding our football when left to entitled and lazy "local" coaches who ALONG with the NFF (who have a tighter grasp on local coaches) have conspired to DESTROY Nigerian football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:45 pm

You are an absolute clown of a human being. Full of utter nonsense from your head to your toe.

?

That is an outright lie pushed by the racists like yourself who will never stop bitching so long as we have a foreign coach.

Pray tell when Nigeria beat a defending afcon champ 4-0 in a world cup qualifiers? Pray tell when Nigeria would qualify with such ease from a group of death and could even afford to forfeit a match, lose 3 points AND STILL QUALIFY.

The answer is NEVER. Never before had Nigeria been so stone cold efficient in WCQ as we were in 2018. Not even Westerhoff could claim such. That is certainly an achievement your racist #$% cannot admit.

You then claim fauling to qualify for WC was on Rohr because the new coach "did not have enough time with the team"

Did Egu not have 4 matches at afcon that Addo DID NOT HAVE, TO GET TO KNOW HIS TEAM ?

Come to think of it Egu had MORE MATCHES THAN ROHR HAD, to know his team before the start of his 2018 qualifying campaign.

As I remember Rohr only had ONE MATCH, a dead rubber afcon qualifier against Tanzania, before he started the amazing 2018 WCQ in the group of death.

So Egu had more games than not only Otto Addo, but also Gernot Rohr yet still was outperformed by BOTH COACHES. 4 more games than Addo and 3 more games than Rohr. Meaning that Egu is a mediocre coach who failed on his own accord and can blame nobody else. Yet you make stupid excuses for your "local" God.

Nigerian national coaches are by in large mediocre and lazy. That is the truth that many do not want to hear. They are entitled and see no reason to improve themselves, but use their connections for handouts. No way will I ever tolerate such garbage. No sir.

No 2022 world cup

Worst afcon in 30 years

No 2017 afcon

No 2015 afcon

No Mas no Mas no Mas!!!

Enough is enough.

I will take the journiest of journeymen, it will still be a tremendous upgrade, and if it angers you till your heart explodes, then let it be done.

You being the lying racist you are must put up false narratives. Luckily people see through your garbage and will call your stinking lying #$% out.
Egu was an interim coach and a hadn't coached in over 10 years and was thrust into the position by his bosses, knowing fully well he wouldn't be their main choice hence the 'interim' tag. Lets please blame the right people, PICNIC and co for this mess. They promised us a coach to take over after the AFCON and prosecute the WCQ, to this day we still don't have a coach. Those running our footie are the issue, not necessary the scapegoat/sacrificial lamb that you keep focusing on...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I'm actually past it at this point.

What irks me is this silly notion that it's our birthright to get to the 2nd round of the World Cup regardless of the draw. What's so ironic is that we didn't even qualify at all now with their LC.

Is DNQ better than at the very least showing up to be counted as an established rep for Africa at the WC? Because that's all, we're really doing when we qualify for the WC. Anything beyond that is a bonus. Winning the WC is out of the question with the quality of players we have and the quality we can afford in a manager.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yours is the logical position.
Of course it makes sense.
The problem is, for millions, football isn’t just a game. There’s far more to it than 22 men chasing a round object up and down a field. It’s an aspect of life that serves a real purpose.

That’s why we spend so much time here.
That’s why Bigporkey has nearly one million posts. :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:12 pm

Yours is the logical position.
Of course it makes sense.
The problem is, for millions, football isn’t just a game. There’s far more to it than 22 men chasing a round object up and down a field. It’s an aspect of life that serves a real purpose.

That’s why we spend so much time here.
That’s why Bigporkey has nearly one million posts. :clap:
Sure, but the majority of those millions including BP have no influence on the decision makers. To me focusing on them is a way to distract from the real culprits. There was the same clamor for ****s firing after the WC and the decision makers stuck with him and made it clear they were backing him. But now they are trying to act like regular folks suddenly have a larger influence on their decision making simply because it didn’t work out this time. Like please, you are in charge, you made your decisions, live with the consequences and don’t try to deflect blame…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:04 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:45 pm

?

No 2022 world cup

Worst afcon in 30 years

No 2017 afcon

No 2015 afcon

No Mas no Mas no Mas!!!

Enough is enough.

Egu was an interim coach and a hadn't coached in over 10 years and was thrust into the position by his bosses, knowing fully well he wouldn't be their main choice hence the 'interim' tag. Lets please blame the right people, PICNIC and co for this mess. They promised us a coach to take over after the AFCON and prosecute the WCQ, to this day we still don't have a coach. Those running our footie are the issue, not necessary the scapegoat/sacrificial lamb that you keep focusing on...
I am not blaming Egu per say.

I'm just using him to rubbish this stupid arguments that

#1 a coach needs so much time before qualifying, Egu had more time than both Addo and Rohr yet failed

And

#2 all of our woes have to do with Rohr, when we see the abject failure both BEFORE and AFTER Rohr.