DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:40 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:04 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:45 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 am
Orion wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:22 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 pm Maybe his employers realize that they set the WRONG objectives for him.

It is people like you that did not see the direction that we were heading after the WC which made the clueless NFF to sack him at the WRONG time. His sack was however LONG over due.

I know people like you will like to blame Eguavoen for the SE misadventure. Unlike you, it has NOTHING to do with Eguavoen and ALL to do with NFF and Rohr who both wasted years not making any progress.

As painful as missing the WC might be, it may be for the better if we learn from the experience. 2018 WC what did we achieve? Also rans?

I expect a very good coach like Rohr to get another team and show what he is capable of doing :thumb:
I've said it here many times. I don't blame Eguavoen for the disaster. I blame people like you who constantly whined and never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. With so much whining and complaining from folks like you, NFF eventually acted (possibly even against what Pinnick really wanted, reading between the lines in his recent interviews). We all witnessed the disastrous effect of the move.

Rohr was getting the results needed to achieve our objectives with a relatively limited talent pool in many areas, goalkeeper, midfield, etc (and no, the coach cannot manufacture talent for Nigeria). But that was not enough for people like you with delusional expectations and an inflated sense of our talent pool.

Learn from what experience? Abeg don’t make me laugh. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The only thing NFF "learned" from this experience is that they will promptly hire another foreign coach. Oh, yes. Y’all are gonna keep whining for a long time to come because another "Rohr" is on the way.

We missed the WC because of a last-minute disastrous mistake that you all egged on (while some of us here sounded the alarm). Keep consoling yourself with the "learn" lie.
We should indeed build a monument for Rohr for equaling the record of Pa Oni at the WC?

Pinnick set the bar so LOW and when he realizes his 'mistake' he panicked.

Said it many times, we should have sacked Rohr after the 2018 WC. A world round exit at the WC is never good enough objective for Nigeria. If people like you are satisfied with 1st round exit the rest of us are not!

I don't blame Rohr for trying to milk the SE. I remember when we were told to celebrate Vogts (aka Betty Stash) for his ability to give the players good massage :clap:

Nothing Rohr did that was above our 'usual' performance.

We failed to qualify for the WC because NFF ignored the wise counsel of sacking Rohr after the 2018 WC so that the new coach will have enough time to build a new team!

The sack of Rohr was the RIGHT thing to do but it came about 3 years late.
You are an absolute clown of a human being. Full of utter nonsense from your head to your toe.

Nothing Rohr did was above our "usual performance"
?

That is an outright lie pushed by the racists like yourself who will never stop bitching so long as we have a foreign coach.

Pray tell when Nigeria beat a defending afcon champ 4-0 in a world cup qualifiers? Pray tell when Nigeria would qualify with such ease from a group of death and could even afford to forfeit a match, lose 3 points AND STILL QUALIFY.

The answer is NEVER. Never before had Nigeria been so stone cold efficient in WCQ as we were in 2018. Not even Westerhoff could claim such. That is certainly an achievement your racist #$% cannot admit.

You then claim fauling to qualify for WC was on Rohr because the new coach "did not have enough time with the team"

Another outright LIE and falsehood coming out of your stinking mouth.

So how much time did Otto Addo have with Ghana that he beat Egus team ?

Did Egu not have 4 matches at afcon that Addo DID NOT HAVE, TO GET TO KNOW HIS TEAM ?

Come to think of it Egu had MORE MATCHES THAN ROHR HAD, to know his team before the start of his 2018 qualifying campaign.

As I remember Rohr only had ONE MATCH, a dead rubber afcon qualifier against Tanzania, before he started the amazing 2018 WCQ in the group of death.

So Egu had more games than not only Otto Addo, but also Gernot Rohr yet still was outperformed by BOTH COACHES. 4 more games than Addo and 3 more games than Rohr. Meaning that Egu is a mediocre coach who failed on his own accord and can blame nobody else. Yet you make stupid excuses for your "local" God.

Nigerian national coaches are by in large mediocre and lazy. That is the truth that many do not want to hear. They are entitled and see no reason to improve themselves, but use their connections for handouts. No way will I ever tolerate such garbage. No sir.

We have all seen the results of hiring such losers.

No 2022 world cup

Worst afcon in 30 years

No 2017 afcon

No 2015 afcon

No Mas no Mas no Mas!!!

Enough is enough.

I will take the journiest of journeymen, it will still be a tremendous upgrade, and if it angers you till your heart explodes, then let it be done.

You being the lying racist you are must put up false narratives. Luckily people see through your garbage and will call your stinking lying #$% out.
Egu was an interim coach and a hadn't coached in over 10 years and was thrust into the position by his bosses, knowing fully well he wouldn't be their main choice hence the 'interim' tag. Lets please blame the right people, PICNIC and co for this mess. They promised us a coach to take over after the AFCON and prosecute the WCQ, to this day we still don't have a coach. Those running our footie are the issue, not necessary the scapegoat/sacrificial lamb that you keep focusing on...
I am not blaming Egu per say.

I'm just using him to rubbish this stupid arguments that

#1 a coach needs so much time before qualifying, Egu had more time than both Addo and Rohr yet failed

And

#2 all of our woes have to do with Rohr, when we see the abject failure both BEFORE and AFTER Rohr.
Carry on :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:40 pm
I am not blaming Egu per say.

I'm just using him to rubbish this stupid arguments that

#1 a coach needs so much time before qualifying, Egu had more time than both Addo and Rohr yet failed

And

#2 all of our woes have to do with Rohr, when we see the abject failure both BEFORE and AFTER Rohr.
Actually, Eguavoen had more time than the AFCON games. He was the technical director of the NFF. Theoretically, he would have had access to (or helped generate) reports that had illustrated the good, the bad, and the ugly per player and team among other items. Per match, and over time(multiple matches).

It turned out Eguavoen was technical in name only, and had no idea as to what to do. Pinnick knew it. Eguavoen knew it. The rest of us didn't. That was the basis by Pinnick for the clamor for a new foreign coach to be present at the AFCON, and to take over regardless of the outcome of the AFCON campaign. Eguavoen always preferred the back office, non visible, retirement position. Now we know why. Eguavoen got an extended stay because of the AFCON boost. Pinnick had zero expectations with Eguavoen in charge. He had his bias against local coaches with their knowledge, and abuse of the football structure, and self-dealing inclinations. He knew how Eguavoen got to be, and remain in that ' technical' position. For just one example, Eguavoen thought the issue was the quality/number of attackers used in prosecuting a match. That was minimally part of the issue for a re-energized attacking philosophy. The issue was the RIGHT midfielders, providing SERVICE to the attackers, and the parallel OFF-THE BALL movements of the attackers. Eguavoen never disagreed with Rohr in terms of tactics, strategy, philosophy, etc . Eguavoen's silence essentially enabled the long reign of Rohr.

Rohrs 'success' was predicated on smoothing out or not complaining about the off-field administrative issues that bedeviled local coaches. What Coaches in a serious environment were NOT supposed to focus on. As in a coach's salary. As in logistics. As in choice of hotels, and payments arrangements. As in player's bonus, etc. In Rohr's era, these issues were minimized to the best of Pinnick's efforts. Nothing to do with game day input. In the African World Cup or AFCON qualifiers, competing with other African countries with similarly or worse dysfunctional FAs, that is a huge factor. It is critically important to recognize the rare alignment of interest, and vision between a coach(Rohr) and administrator (Pinnick) in NFF's history. Unfortunately that bankrupt vision was not anchored on solid team developmental principles but a short term fix with a fraud selected as the coach. Evidence, trends, and analysis pointed to diminishing returns setting in for Rohr. Pinnick knew it, and that is why he also bought into Rohr's removal. He was also convinced Rohr's 'achievements' had nothing to do with Rohr's game day conduct, and response to unpredictable game dynamics.

If Rohr's 'achievements' included an identity, belief, conviction and template for executing a match as opposed to counting on individual brilliance, and prayers, the players would have rebelled, and voiced some displeasure when Eguavoen attempted his own adventure.

Again the real issue still remains Pinnick selected Rohr, and Eguavoen. Both operating above their level. Both frauds. We are where we are.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:32 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:12 pm
akamoke wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:22 pm Some of you guys are still at this??

You have made yourself believe that the comment of a fellow CE member has any bearings on the decisions made at the FA. I understand you need a more responsive scape goat (read: an opposing view on CE) to give you comfort as you vent, but rest assured the rot will still be there whether you call out a fellow CE member (on an "I told you so basis") or not

The fact of the matter is, we are not going to the world cup so get past this , enjoy the tournament and to the extent that YOU can influence the NFF , the players , coaches etc...better start influencing now otherwise just sit around and enjoy the show and not take life too seriously

To me, football is an entertainment. If Nigeria does well, Im happy, if not Im sad but as someone once said, it doesn't put food on my table, so best to get on with it lest you get consumed by the negativity leading to unnecessary insults heaps on fellow CE members

Have fun and don't go grey like me :D
Yours is the logical position.
Of course it makes sense.
The problem is, for millions, football isn’t just a game. There’s far more to it than 22 men chasing a round object up and down a field. It’s an aspect of life that serves a real purpose.

That’s why we spend so much time here.
That’s why Bigporkey has nearly one million posts. :clap:
Sure, but the majority of those millions including BP have no influence on the decision makers. To me focusing on them is a way to distract from the real culprits. There was the same clamor for ****s firing after the WC and the decision makers stuck with him and made it clear they were backing him. But now they are trying to act like regular folks suddenly have a larger influence on their decision making simply because it didn’t work out this time. Like please, you are in charge, you made your decisions, live with the consequences and don’t try to deflect blame…
Bro, none of us here are claiming to speak for the NFF, or even reflect their thinking.
When you say "they are acting as if"....you haven't shown how. As far as I know, they haven't come out to blame the fans as of yet.
But we KNOW that pressure from fans has an impact. We don't have to go to the Glass House to physically beat them before we know that fan pressure cannot be totally ignored permanently. Sooner or later the price will be paid.

All the noise on CE is part of that pressure. Many here might even have direct contact with players, coaches and administrators. Some of them even come here to gauge the temperature. But all that aside, many of us were insulted and denigrated for having a different point of view on this same football matter. Anyone here denying this whole thing is not a deeply emotional matter is lying. If not, why were the debates so heated and personal? Now we are paying the ultimate price, people expect not to be held accountable for the positions they held? Then why are we here?

I wont lie, even if others will. I am deeply pained by our current rock-bottom position, more so bcos it didn't have to be this way. And its gonna get worse when the first game kicks of in Qatar.

Y'all can pretend that its no biggie. But its very ironic that all those now acting the 'no big deal' part are the very people - save one or two - that were the absolute loudest in wanting Rohr sacked for, wait for it... "poor performance".
"Poor performance" they were scared would cost us an AFCON gold and a World Cup second round or even Q/F.

Come on, man.
If you don't see that as crystal clear hypocrisy, then it's probably because you are one of them.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk it is clear as day what is going on on this forum.

It is the reason for this hypocrisy.

There is a section of complaining she goats that care MORE ABOUT THE COACHES ETHNICITY than the actual results or play of the SE.

I am pissed because our football has gone backwards in large part because of these ameobas.

I truly wonder had the NFF just hired Peseiro BEFORE afcon , like any serious organization would have done, WOULD WE BE GOING TO QATAR ? I truly think we would.

After this monumental failure you would think these disgusting clowns would just stfu and dissapear under the rocks they came from.

But many of them are now shamelessly doubling down and even increasing their foolish rhetoric. Still blaming Rohr, talking about "no birthrights" all of a sudden when they had even more unreasonable expectations previously.

These eediots would gladly cut off their nose to spite their face. They are even happy we failed to qualify so long as a "local coach" was in charge. Had Rohr qualified, these eediots would complain more when Rohrs team would get eliminated in Qatar , than from is not even qualifying. These people are disgusting and they are no true fans of SE.

As I said before I hope the journiest of journeymen who takes over SE makes them just lose interest, or their anger and hatred destroys them within.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:53 pm

You have made yourself believe that the comment of a fellow CE member has any bearings on the decisions made at the FA. I understand you need a more responsive scape goat (read: an opposing view on CE) to give you comfort as you vent, but rest assured the rot will still be there whether you call out a fellow CE member (on an "I told you so basis") or not

The fact of the matter is, we are not going to the world cup so get past this , enjoy the tournament and to the extent that YOU can influence the NFF , the players , coaches etc...better start influencing now otherwise just sit around and enjoy the show and not take life too seriously

To me, football is an entertainment. If Nigeria does well, Im happy, if not Im sad but as someone once said, it doesn't put food on my table, so best to get on with it lest you get consumed by the negativity leading to unnecessary insults heaps on fellow CE members

The problem is, for millions, football isn’t just a game. There’s far more to it than 22 men chasing a round object up and down a field. It’s an aspect of life that serves a real purpose.

Sure, but the majority of those millions including BP have no influence on the decision makers. To me focusing on them is a way to distract from the real culprits. There was the same clamor for ****s firing after the WC and the decision makers stuck with him and made it clear they were backing him. But now they are trying to act like regular folks suddenly have a larger influence on their decision making simply because it didn’t work out this time. Like please, you are in charge, you made your decisions, live with the consequences and don’t try to deflect blame…
Bro, none of us here are claiming to speak for the NFF, or even reflect their thinking.
When you say "they are acting as if"....you haven't shown how. As far as I know, they haven't come out to blame the fans as of yet.
But we KNOW that pressure from fans has an impact. We don't have to go to the Glass House to physically beat them before we know that fan pressure cannot be totally ignored permanently. Sooner or later the price will be paid.

All the noise on CE is part of that pressure. Many here might even have direct contact with players, coaches and administrators. Some of them even come here to gauge the temperature. But all that aside, many of us were insulted and denigrated for having a different point of view on this same football matter. Anyone here denying this whole thing is not a deeply emotional matter is lying. If not, why were the debates so heated and personal? Now we are paying the ultimate price, people expect not to be held accountable for the positions they held? Then why are we here?

I wont lie, even if others will. I am deeply pained by our current rock-bottom position, more so bcos it didn't have to be this way. And its gonna get worse when the first game kicks of in Qatar.

Y'all can pretend that its no biggie. But its very ironic that all those now acting the 'no big deal' part are the very people - save one or two - that were the absolute loudest in wanting Rohr sacked for, wait for it... "poor performance".
"Poor performance" they were scared would cost us an AFCON gold and a World Cup second round or even Q/F.

Come on, man.
If you don't see that as crystal clear hypocrisy, then it's probably because you are one of them.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Come on, man.
As usual, Damunk making sense!
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 pm Damunk it is clear as day what is going on on this forum.

There is a section of complaining she goats that care MORE ABOUT THE COACHES ETHNICITY than the actual results or play of the SE.

I am pissed because our football has gone backwards in large part because of these ameobas.

I truly wonder had the NFF just hired Peseiro BEFORE afcon , like any serious organization would have done, WOULD WE BE GOING TO QATAR ? I truly think we would.

After this monumental failure you would think these disgusting clowns would just stfu and dissapear under the rocks they came from.

But many of them are now shamelessly doubling down and even increasing their foolish rhetoric. Still blaming Rohr, talking about "no birthrights" all of a sudden when they had even more unreasonable expectations previously.

These eediots would gladly cut off their nose to spite their face. They are even happy we failed to qualify so long as a "local coach" was in charge. Had Rohr qualified, these eediots would complain more when Rohrs team would get eliminated in Qatar , than from is not even qualifying. These people are disgusting and they are no true fans of SE.

As I said before I hope the journiest of journeymen who takes over SE makes them just lose interest, or their anger and hatred destroys them within.
They're so brain damaged that they would rather we fail with a local coach than succeed with a foreign coach. That's why I always make the point about GENUINE fans.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Come on, man.
Of course its hypocrisy, we've all had moments of it on this forum, so to me its not that serious. We KNOW they KNOW they were wrong for supporting ****'s firing with a couple weeks to a tourney, their ego won't allow them to admit it, so it is what it is. However, for me the focus should be on those that took the decision and not the ones on CE that supported it. What the heck can we do about those guys and getting those kind of poor decision makers away from our FA...

I've been seeing the shifting of blame being subtly done by our journalist attempting to twist the narrative. Folks on twitter/instagram, even Pinnick himself trying to subtly avoid carrying the bulk of the blame and its quite worrying to me. Because it seeming like they've not learnt a darn thing from this scenario and will do it again as long as they find a way to have a sacrificial lamb and to get the journalists under their thumb to start throwing it out there that it should be those that supported the sack that should be to blame, rather than those that actually executed the sack...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:50 pm Of course its hypocrisy, we've all had moments of it on this forum, so to me its not that serious. We KNOW they KNOW they were wrong for supporting ****'s firing with a couple weeks to a tourney, their ego won't allow them to admit it, so it is what it is. However, for me the focus should be on those that took the decision and not the ones on CE that supported it. What the heck can we do about those guys and getting those kind of poor decision makers away from our FA...
It's strange Pinnick is not held responsible for his decisions, the fans are to blame for Pinnick catastrophic decisions.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:50 pm Of course its hypocrisy, we've all had moments of it on this forum, so to me its not that serious. We KNOW they KNOW they were wrong for supporting ****'s firing with a couple weeks to a tourney, their ego won't allow them to admit it, so it is what it is. However, for me the focus should be on those that took the decision and not the ones on CE that supported it. What the heck can we do about those guys and getting those kind of poor decision makers away from our FA...
It's strange Pinnick is not held responsible for his decisions, the fans are to blame for Pinnick catastrophic decisions.
No need to raise a Strawman.
If Pinnick is to take the blame for the stupid decision he made - which he absolutely should - then people like yourself cannot pretend to be smelling of roses. Because even though you did not go to his office to hold a revolver to his head, you were in totally agreement and encouraged this particular move.

So yeah, even though you have no love for Pinnick, your interests aligned for once and you played your own little part. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 pm Damunk it is clear as day what is going on on this forum.

No greater EEDIOT than the one who:

Supported the opponents against the SE

Wished death on SE coaches

Wished injury on SE players

Still wished that the Big Boss never won the AFCON

Still angry at the achievement of Sunday Mbah

This same EEDIOT was actually calling for the sack of Rohr and rejoicing when he was sacked.

SHAME on the greatest EEDIOT of all time.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Come on, man.
We lost! It is painful. But we have to move on. Blaming those that wanted Rohr sacked after the rubbish he served up is nothing short of pathetic. To suggest idiotically that the calls for his sack were based on his ethnicity is even more pathetic.

Rohr was rightly sacked. His replacement did not do well and he was sacked after the WCQ. Most of the people that asked for Rohr's sack, including me, asked for Eguavoen's sack after the AFCON. I repeated this call after we failed to qualify for the WC.

The leap of logic that suggests that we definitely would have despatched of Ghana after the insipid first round performances is shocking. And it comes from the same people that fail to consider that Cameroon and Ghana changed coaches after us and still qualified. Algeria kept faith with their coach and lost.

Some of them have chosen to classify the clamour for local coaches to be given equal treatment as "they don't want white coaches". They want to be able to slander local coaches baselessly without being challenged. Some of them are already back to declaring that only white coaches should manage Nigeria in the future.

The defeat hurts but my stance about Rohr’s sacking has not changed. I have never been afraid to backtrack on this forum when I'm convinced I got it wrong but this is not one of those occasions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr should have been fired.

We went wrong NOT HIRING PESEIRO BEFORE AFCON.

I was one of the first to ask why he was supposedly being hired for the WC playoff but not the afcon where he would have at least 4 matches and weeks of camping to prepare. None of that made any logical sense, but this is the NFF we are talking about. They were clearly trying to CUT CORNERS, and that cost us big time.

The problem though is the eediots who were calling for Rohrs sack after the WC 2018 and AFCON 2019. That was just pure hate and nothing else. No way would they call for such if it was a local coach. Especially one who had such a convincing qualifying record. No way.

But suddenly those who say Nigeria qualifying for a world cup is not "our birthright" believed it was our birthright to beat Croatia and Argentina, and also win afcon right after we failed to even qualify for the previous 2 editions. They were just looking to kick oyinbo out, who are they fooling.

It is insane to claim to be a sports fan and your main priority is not your team winning. A damn shame.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:15 am Rohr should have been fired.

We went wrong NOT HIRING PESEIRO BEFORE AFCON.

I was one of the first to ask why he was supposedly being hired for the WC playoff but not the afcon where he would have at least 4 matches and weeks of camping to prepare. None of that made any logical sense, but this is the NFF we are talking about. They were clearly trying to CUT CORNERS, and that cost us big time.

The problem though is the eediots who were calling for Rohrs sack after the WC 2018 and AFCON 2019. That was just pure hate and nothing else. No way would they call for such if it was a local coach. Especially one who had such a convincing qualifying record. No way.

But suddenly those who say Nigeria qualifying for a world cup is not "our birthright" believed it was our birthright to beat Croatia and Argentina, and also win afcon right after we failed to even qualify for the previous 2 editions. They were just looking to kick oyinbo out, who are they fooling.

It is insane to claim to be a sports fan and your main priority is not your team winning. A damn shame.
Personally I did not call for Rohr’s sack after 2018 or AFCON 2019. I wanted him to build on those tournaments. But the team never seemed to click consistently (we had those brilliant draws against Ukraine and Brazil though). It became even worse during COVID-19.

However, if we had decided to sack him at the end of either tournaments I would not have complained if it was done decisively with a replacement announced soon after. Sometimes the NFF will not agree with me. And I called for Eguavoen's sack after the AFCON.

The World Cup is not our birthright but we should have been there this year. And with more confidence in his team Rohr would have qualified us for the second round in 2018.

Going forward, the NFF has to appoint a manager quickly and support him fully (whether he is local or foreign). Any decision to fire the manager should be at the end if a tournament or before the commencement of a qualifying campaign. Even if we don't all agree with the termination, it will be a clean break.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

I called for Rohr's sack after the WC 2018. Unapologetically so. Then, and now.

Those with trained eyes could see Rohr was winging it. E.g. that last game against Argentina with his failure to use subs to blunt Argentina's late momentum. His calling out of Tryone Ebuehi in public after the Iceland game for the Kenneth Omeruo pass to a fellow defender facing his own goal, among many issues leading to the WC had me convinced he was not the right fit.

Pinnick knew it but the agenda was simply to use Rohr to assuage the fears of the foreign born, dual-nationality Nigerians in switching allegiances. It was never about game day tactics or overall football philosophy. All that Rohr talk about having the youngest team in the WC, going to learn, needing players playing in the right clubs, and leagues was to buy time.

Rohr never understood the fundamentals or cared to implement them. This was easy, retirement money. He understood Pinnick’s agenda, and went with the flow. It made his job - collecting money - infinitely easy.

4 yrs later, we are still in the same or arguably worse state than we were in 2018. No discernible improvement in team belief, play, and pattern.

This time, in late 2021, Pinnick had ran out excuses to justify Rohr's continuous role as coach.
Given the time/familiarity constraints, Eguavoen was given benefit of doubt as the Technical director of the NFF who was there for at least a year during Rohr’s era, and as an ex international who had played abroad (something the players very much respect).

PESEIRO could not be hired as Pinnick's flirtations with frauds is then, and now publicly known, is borderline congenital.
Recent events with the PESEIRO saga (verbal contract or not) are all ruses by Pinnick to foster another fraud.

Delayed decisions, bad faith negotiations anchored on a bedrock of illusions, and fraud. The Pinnick trademark.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Everytime it crosses my mind, I rain curses small. Eguavoen really %%%% up.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:20 pm Everytime it crosses my mind, I rain curses small. Eguavoen really %%%% up.
Picnic you mean…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oscar52 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:20 pm Everytime it crosses my mind, I rain curses small. Eguavoen really %%%% up.
Eguavoen took us for a ride. His TD role is funded by FIFA with a monthly salary of N3 million plus allowances. He had a cushy job where he did not suffer any salary delay, that was why he quickly reverted back to his TD role after the AFCON and WC eliminations so as not to lose the job and not because of any honour.
He was chancing it with the SE job as well as collecting the manager's match bonus. Eguavoen is a fraud and deserves every vitriol thrown his way. Unfortunately, his TD role still has 2 years to run.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 pm
Eguavoen took us for a ride. His TD role is funded by FIFA with a monthly salary of N3 million plus allowances. He had a cushy job where he did not suffer any salary delay, that was why he quickly reverted back to his TD role after the AFCON and WC eliminations so as not to lose the job and not because of any honour.
He was chancing it with the SE job as well as collecting the manager's match bonus. Eguavoen is a fraud and deserves every vitriol thrown his way. Unfortunately, his TD role still has 2 years to run.
Of course, he assigned himself the interim coach position then reassigned himself to TD afterwards…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Its not even the loss, its the total lack of a fight, many of them being tossed around on the pitch rudely by the Ghanians. Nigerian football really need to go back to its roots and what works instead of looking for shorts cuts.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:59 pm
Of course, he assigned himself the interim coach position then reassigned himself to TD afterwards…
Did Pinnick assign himself ?

Whats with your non stop defence of Eguavoen ?

Eguavoen shares his part in the blame. A major part. The NFF as well.

If Egu knew he was a fraud he could have rejected the job to preserve the interest of SE.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE

You believe Egu has such powers in a Pinnick NFF to assign himself such a position? That really is laughable. Sure Egu is to be blamed for AFCON debacle but it is rely unimaginative to think he assigned himself to manage the team. Where exactly and how did he acquire such powers?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:47 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:59 pm
Did Pinnick assign himself ?

Whats with your non stop defence of Eguavoen ?

Eguavoen shares his part in the blame. A major part. The NFF as well.

If Egu knew he was a fraud he could have rejected the job to preserve the interest of SE.
Focus son, focus…he did what he could, it was not good enough, he should probably never coach SE again, but he didn’t force himself on the team nor did he apply for the job and even, unlike you, was against ****s firing. He’s a victim of Picnic and co’s incompetence as he was forced to step in when their incompetence didn’t allow us find an actual full time coach like Ghana did…stop trying to use him to score cheap points…No one at Man U is screaming blue murder about their interim coach Rangnick’s ‘failures’, they are able to use their brain to realize he was just there to try and help as they find an actual full time coach. People like you who supported ****s firing and said ANYBODY is better than having him there don’t get to start trying to score cheap points after the ANYBODY you clamored for disappoints you….
Super Eagus 4 Life!