Tosin Adarabioyo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Tosin Adarabioyo

Post by packerland »

Can we stop all these talk about Awaziem is the future. He has not been a regular for club or country. Someone said Rohr didn’t play him because he preferred the Ekong-Balogun pair. If I’m not wrong, Ajayi & Omeruo were also preferred over him when one of those two weren’t available.

Tosin can go suck a fat lemon but can we also stop this talk about it’s better to get less skilled players that plays with heart. That’s how we ended up fielding the likes of Danny Shittu & the Sodge brothers.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:15 am Can we stop all these talk about Awaziem is the future. He has not been a regular for club or country. Someone said Rohr didn’t play him because he preferred the Ekong-Balogun pair. If I’m not wrong, Ajayi & Omeruo were also preferred over him when one of those two weren’t available.

Tosin can go suck a fat lemon but can we also stop this talk about it’s better to get less skilled players that plays with heart. That’s how we ended up fielding the likes of Danny Shittu & the Sodge brothers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

packerland wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:15 am Can we stop all these talk about Awaziem is the future. He has not been a regular for club or country. Someone said Rohr didn’t play him because he preferred the Ekong-Balogun pair. If I’m not wrong, Ajayi & Omeruo were also preferred over him when one of those two weren’t available.

Of all our experienced CB's he is the youngest and is more than likely going to outlast all of those guys you mentioned. He played every game at AFCON 19 minus the 3rd place match. The Ajayi experiment like the one with Akpoguma was something that didn't last and guess who Rohr resorted to? And out of Rohr's last 8 games he started 6 of them.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:45 pm

Of all our experienced CB's he is the youngest and is more than likely going to outlast all of those guys you mentioned. He played every game at AFCON 19 minus the 3rd place match. The Ajayi experiment like the one with Akpoguma was something that didn't last and guess who Rohr resorted to? And out of Rohr's last 8 games he started 6 of them.
This is why I described him as an enigma. I just don't want him to become another great 'prospect' who just fizzles out for some reason. I actually do worry about why our stars do not really remain at the top (or even reach there) after showing great potential as 23, 24 year olds (or earlier).

Apart from Mikel Obi who played at the top into his early 30s, most of our starts seem to peak then drop before 30. There was a controversial statement made recently by someone who I can't remember about our players becoming too content with the effizzy of a footballer's life and not aspiring. It caused a big debate here on CE not very long ago.

I just hope Awaziem's stagnation is injury-related and nothing to do with limited ability. :idea:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:51 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:45 pm

This is why I described him as an enigma. I just don't want him to become another great 'prospect' who just fizzles out for some reason. I actually do worry about why our stars do not really remain at the top (or even reach there) after showing great potential as 23, 24 year olds (or earlier).

Apart from Mikel Obi who played at the top into his early 30s, most of our starts seem to peak then drop before 30. There was a controversial statement made recently by someone who I can't remember about our players becoming too content with the effizzy of a footballer's life and not aspiring. It caused a big debate here on CE not very long ago.

I just hope Awaziem's stagnation is injury-related and nothing to do with limited ability. :idea:
If you look at his club games this season you'll see he was a starter at the beginning and it was after his injury in December that things changed, he missed about 11 games recovering & the whole of AFCON where he couldn't even train the majority of the time.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset,

How do I rate OLISA Noah? I think he’s got the potential to be a very good CD for Nigeria, certainly have similar or better ball playing skills than this useless boy we’re discussing here.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

DNQ no good oooo
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:18 am Sunset,

How do I rate OLISA Noah? I think he’s got the potential to be a very good CD for Nigeria, certainly have similar or better ball playing skills than this useless boy we’re discussing here.
I like his game a lot as well as his growth these past 2 years, going from getting relegated from the NPFL to winning the league and he's now helped Orlando Pirates to the semi finals of the CAF Confederations Cup. Most PSL fans even rate him as the best CB in the league so it's left to see what's next for him.
At this point I don't even know why we need to be comparing our guys to someone that isn't interested in playing for us, it just reminds me of when they did the same with Nedum Onuoha with people falling in love with the idea of something and ignoring the reality
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:18 am How do I rate OLISA Noah? I think he’s got the potential to be a very good CD for Nigeria, certainly have similar or better ball playing skills than this useless boy we’re discussing here.
I agree on Olisa Ndah! Also Valentine Ozornwafor is one to keep an eye on!
Adarabioyo would be very useful and welcome, but if he doesn't want to join us, we have our alternatives!
I would also stay on Jordan Torunarigha, the guy seems not to be in Germany's plans, maybe we can convince him!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:18 am Sunset,

Emir

It is difficult to take you seriously if you claim Adarabioyo is useless. The lad can flat out play. Yes, there are concerns about fouling but do we not now have that with some of our defenders?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:58 pm Emir
It is difficult to take you seriously if you claim Adarabioyo is useless. The lad can flat out play. Yes, there are concerns about fouling but do we not now have that with some of our defenders?
I agree Adarabioyo would be very useful. I think he could choose Nigeria if we had qualified to the World Cup!
Now we have many less chances to hire him, but i also don't think that England will call up him! They have many other defenders.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

pindal123 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:20 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:58 pm Emir
I agree Adarabioyo would be very useful. I think he could choose Nigeria if we had qualified to the World Cup!
Now we have many less chances to hire him, but i also don't think that England will call up him! They have many other defenders.
Even if we qualified i wouldnt call him up. How many times will this average at best defender reject Nigeria? even with all the Nigerian temmates at Fulham last season he is still simping for that England Call up. Please i would rather invest in the likes of Bassey, Igoh, Ozorowafor, Awaziem, Ndah etc than beg this guy. Time to move on.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:01 pm
hmmmmmmm, be like say bobo wan gear up on some green white green .. eyes don begin clear ooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Average fans hyping average player.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:09 pm
hmmmmmmm, be like say bobo wan gear up on some green white green .. eyes don begin clear ooo

The envelope is too big for 2 tickets. I heard Salisu accompanied Eguavoen on the mission. What’s really in that envelope? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:22 pm Average fans hyping average player.
Tosin virtually lost his starting spot before the World Cup.
Maybe he is back in favour, but he hasn’t been that consistent this season.
However, I think I’d choose him over Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo at the moment.
Our CD options are quite poor atm.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:35 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:09 pm

The envelope is too big for 2 tickets. I heard Salisu accompanied Eguavoen on the mission. What’s really in that envelope? :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They are still begging players for tickets, when they could call the club and easily get an invite. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He's finally seeing the light. I hope he pumps for Nigeria. He's a very good young defender whose best days are still ahead of him. I wouldn't worry about his current situation as he's lost his starting place to a more experienced EPL defender, Isah Diop, from West Ham and not because of poor form. There are still more twists and turns in the season and he could possibly claim his place back.
Adarabioyo will be a very good addition to the SE.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

What about Malcolm Ebiowei, another player Eguavoen spoke to? Average player as well?
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:04 am
What about Malcolm Ebiowei, another player Eguavoen spoke to? Average player as well?
Did Ebiowei give them envelope of "tickets" as well? :D And did Eguavoen tell him about "4-4-2, wingplay, finidi, amunike... Okocha finding them and Oliseh ancoring? With the Bull doing his thing behind baba Yekini? 4-4-2?" :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is he? Does he play for any of the top clubs? If he doesn't, he is average.
Dammy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:04 am
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.