NFF election in 2023.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF election in 2023.

Post by Purity »

Christian Emeruwa, head of safety and security for Confederation of African Football (CAF), has announced his interest in Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) top job.

Mr Emeruwa made his aspiration known by via a tweet on Wednesday evening.

“We are good to go! This project, OUR collective project to bring the best out of our country, through football! I want to serve, and believe I have what it takes to serve…as President of @thenff, nothing else will do!,” he tweeted via @chrisemeruwa22.

This update comes after the incumbent NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, stated last month that he won’t be seeking re-election due to family pressure.

https://gazettengr.com/caf-security-chi ... iveOldPost
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF election in 2023.

Post by Purity »

Our show on the NFF election

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Is there a way people can also apply..take for example, if I want to run as the new nff chairman, can I. I am willing to resign from my current job if I do get elected. I believe I can offer a lot
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu May 05, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:16 pm Is there a way people can also apply..take for example, if I want to run as the new nff chairman, can I. I am will to resign from my current job if I do get elected. I believe I can offer a lot

Go ahead. Congrats on our football something to joke about<Finish it off by running the Nff. Who’s your running mate? Eguaveon? I assume Salisu will be your chief financial officer.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:49 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:16 pm Is there a way people can also apply..take for example, if I want to run as the new nff chairman, can I. I am will to resign from my current job if I do get elected. I believe I can offer a lot

Go ahead. Congrats on our football something to joke about<Finish it off by running the Nff. Who’s your running mate? Eguaveon? I assume Salisu will be your chief financial officer.
Actually to be honest with you i will hire a top coach , however if i do not have the funds to attract the likes of Klop, Tuchel, Conte , Jose etc. Then i will interview Pfiso the SA coach in Ahly, Oliseh, Amunike, Alou Cisse.

However i will narrow it down to Cisse, Pfiso and Oliseh. I will ensure they get the best salaries from the current rates earned by African coaches
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:16 pm Is there a way people can also apply..take for example, if I want to run as the new nff chairman, can I. I am willing to resign from my current job if I do get elected. I believe I can offer a lot
I believe you have to be a current State FA chairman or be a member of the NFF to qualify to run.

Not sure but the last time, that was the criteria.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:21 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:16 pm Is there a way people can also apply..take for example, if I want to run as the new nff chairman, can I. I am willing to resign from my current job if I do get elected. I believe I can offer a lot
I believe you have to be a current State FA chairman or be a member of the NFF to qualify to run.

They need to do away with such. These are the reasons we are stuck with the likes of picnin
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I believe you are correct as I remember that and it generated an uproar here or within another group of discussants. It is a serious gate that breeds insular thinking.

In my view, there is nothing to celebrate about thus announcement EXCEPT it is a clearer signal that Pinnick may not contest afterall. That is all. I hope people like VP Akinwunmi can step up to the plate. Yes, he is an insider. However, he is decidedly different. He has made his money outside football and not only has spent own funds on football but has links to funds that can help the game. Importantly, he does not appear to have the fixation, as far as his antecedents indicate, that only the foreign is the best. We wait and watch.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He's the first football stakeholder to make a public statement ahead of the NFF election in September.

Emeruwa is from Abia State and he represents the southeast zone.

He is currently the Head of the CAF Security Unit.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I think also you must have been involved with Nigerian football at some level or capacity. My former mate at BCC Idah Peterside is being reported as also being interested. He was an international and at some point the media officer for the SE
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:35 pm Christian Emeruwa, head of safety and security for Confederation of African Football (CAF), has announced his interest in Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) top job.

Mr Emeruwa made his aspiration known by via a tweet on Wednesday evening.

“We are good to go! This project, OUR collective project to bring the best out of our country, through football! I want to serve, and believe I have what it takes to serve…as President of @thenff, nothing else will do!,” he tweeted via @chrisemeruwa22.

This update comes after the incumbent NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, stated last month that he won’t be seeking re-election due to family pressure.

https://gazettengr.com/caf-security-chi ... iveOldPost
Purity

Can you present a brief on this guy? What I can only find is his work with security around football. What is his background in sourcing funds for managing football?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oloye wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:01 pm I think also you must have been involved with Nigerian football at some level or capacity. My former mate at BCC Idah Peterside is being reported as also being interested. He was an international and at some point the media officer for the SE
Idah was on TV last night discussing the opportunity but was reluctant to confirm his interest. All he kept on saying was that if he was offered the position, he will take it. Nobody is going to offer him the position, not in Nigeria.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:24 am

I believe you are correct as I remember that and it generated an uproar here or within another group of discussants. It is a serious gate that breeds insular thinking.

In my view, there is nothing to celebrate about thus announcement EXCEPT it is a clearer signal that Pinnick may not contest afterall. That is all. I hope people like VP Akinwunmi can step up to the plate. Yes, he is an insider. However, he is decidedly different. He has made his money outside football and not only has spent own funds on football but has links to funds that can help the game. Importantly, he does not appear to have the fixation, as far as his antecedents indicate, that only the foreign is the best. We wait and watch.
You are right about Akinwunmi. But I don’t know if he wants the job.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oloye wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:01 pm I think also you must have been involved with Nigerian football at some level or capacity. My former mate at BCC Idah Peterside is being reported as also being interested. He was an international and at some point the media officer for the SE
Just curious. At what level or capacity was Pinnick involved in Nigerian football prior to becoming NFF chairman❓❗️

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:03 pm
Just curious. At what level or capacity was Pinnick involved in Nigerian football prior to becoming NFF chairman❓❗️

Cheers.
He was part of the Delta state FA or so, and i think he was on the board of the Delta team in the league at the time.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:40 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Cheers.
He was part of the Delta state FA or so, and i think he was on the board of the Delta team in the league at the time.
KPOM. He headed Delta FA and at tge time was running the FA somewhat via private sponsorships. Those antecedents matter. We should not go back to those who focus on getting state handouts. We should look to move gradually away from that. This is why Akinwunmi or Shehu should be considered. They have a track record on those kinds of private support.

For me, this idea of Southeast zone is rubbish. Must we appoint someone from Southeast even if the person has no track record of raising private support for football? In my view, no.