Mass.relegation of SE players from Epl

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mass.relegation of SE players from Epl

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:18 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:43 am
mcal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:28 am...championship division is as good as any other top league in Europe, let them go there prove themselves, and help their club get promotion.
It is not, and even the English themselves have quit peddling that BS...
It probably PAYS as well as many European top divisions, but the quality of football is bang average!
...I'll say they are.
Given the championship clubs compete against the premier league clubs for those 'general' cups they play, and we have seen what happen sometimes. Anyways, they playing in championship will sharpen them and probably open up windows to pl clubs.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Every single Nigerian player on that watford team is a worthless player! Have zero quality. And Watford was doomed from the beginning bringing in players that lack quality.. div 2 level players. Ekong failed at tottenham--- a club that has absolutely no winning mentality, yet, he failed there. Came to Watford, a relegation level team, and was a benchwarmer in the end anyway.

Truth is, our selection is very poor. Most of these useless players will never make it into the Super Eagles, if our team was selected on merit. But here we are! disgusting players and disgusting coach + NFF chairman. :oops:

B4st4rds!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:59 pm Every single Nigerian player on that watford team is a worthless player! Have zero quality. And Watford was doomed from the beginning bringing in players that lack quality.. div 2 level players. Ekong failed at tottenham--- a club that has absolutely no winning mentality, yet, he failed there. Came to Watford, a relegation level team, and was a benchwarmer in the end anyway.

Truth is, our selection is very poor. Most of these useless players will never make it into the Super Eagles, if our team was selected on merit. But here we are! disgusting players and disgusting coach + NFF chairman. :oops:

B4st4rds!
I’m not defending our coaches or the NFF, but I just don’t see where these great players you speak of are. As soon as one gets hyped and we look closely, we discover it’s just more of the same.

It’s time for us to just accept we don’t have good players any more. Like someone said, we’re good enough to make later rounds do Afcon, but that’s about it. We do not have players that matter on the world stage anymore.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

packerland wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:23 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:30 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:46 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:24 pm Troost, Kalu, Denis, Bashiru, even Okoye have in absencia have all been removed from the Epl and dumped into the championship. Etebo was also a part of. Watford but he returns to the championship anyway. Hopefully, Iwobi survuves wuth Everton or we could be looking at the wiorst season for our players in the league for a long time. Maybe this actually turns out to be a blessing and it causes us to face reality.

Another project touted by the Bigturkey has failed miserably. He was wrong on SE at Afcon, WC qualifiers and now Watford has exposed him and a loser extraordinaire. Smdh!
Watford was CURSED by Nigerians when it refused to release Emmanuel Dennis for AFCON... :woot:
… then Nigeria cursed herself by turning around and including Dennis in the playoff squad🤔❗️

Cheers.
Everton were cartwheeling into relegation before AFCON. After AFCON, they started sprinting towards relegation. The one who is cursed is the family that owns Watford & Udinese. They have no patience with the coaches they hire.

Dennis is a baller but no serious coach would’ve included him in the Ghana match after that crap he pulled. The coach of Morocco had the balls to exclude Ziyech knowing that failure will cost him his job. Now they’re going to the WC.
...we Nigerians are a "fire brigade" approach like people.
We fear, panic, collapse, and fail.
That's what happened with firing a quasi successful coach to horridly assembling something, anything to try to succeed.
Well get burnt.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 am
waka-man wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:30 pm I think the real tragedy is that:

1. They really are the best we have
2. Too many of us are in denial about that

We are just not blessed with outstanding footballing talent any more.
Enough said.

But we still have enough talent to compete at AFCON. The World Cup is on another level where we would struggle to make an impression.
I don’t agree. We have viable talent but we’ve either not been scouting them or been completely ignoring them in the hopes of landing foreign-borns. We need to go back to what once put us on the limelight; grassroots football❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Everton looks like they're going to survive. As of today.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 am

Enough said.

But we still have enough talent to compete at AFCON. The World Cup is on another level where we would struggle to make an impression.
I don’t agree. We have viable talent but we’ve either not been scouting them or been completely ignoring them in the hopes of landing foreign-borns. We need to go back to what once put us on the limelight; grassroots football❗️

Cheers.
Talent can’t remain hidden for ever. There is no Nigerian player of above average quality that is not known to some dedicated fans here on CE, not to talk of the coaching crew and the NFF. We know most of them. Sunset is good with those still playing in the Nigerian league.

What we need is a coach who would select the right players for the right formation.

But currently, we are short of the right quality at the back (in goal and central defence) and central midfield. This is where I expect a coach to work for their money.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

:agree:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar