Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:28 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:22 pm

For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
But that is EXACTLY what is going on.

How those midfielders, even the foreign based like Tijani and Azubikwe got in the team ahead of

Nwobodo, Ejaria, Onyedika, Dele Bashiru

Is criminal

Not to mention the likes of Ejuke, Awoniyi, Ebuehi, Akpoguma being left out for clearly inferior players.
Doesn't seem like you know much about Azubuike if you think those guys are "clearly superior", I would've liked to see both Onyedika & Nwobodo though as they all had a pretty consistent season.

I agree wrt Tijani as much like his first call up he was nowhere near ready regardless of his potential, his progress stalled for quite a while and he's only just starting to show some consistency in the 2nd division with Salzburgs reserves. Bashiru is in that same boat and Ovie is a winger the last time I checked.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:29 pm
txj wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:03 pm
Cellular wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 pm
txj wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:18 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 am
Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
But frankly OLISAH NDAH should have been called up. He's been massive in SA.
:thumbs:

Let me say it again, slowly:

The Ndah marketing Project was completed in Cameroon with the token AFCON appearance, cementing his marketing tag as a 'Nigerian international'.

The market is thus closed and the traders have all gone home and moved to the next one...
There are countless guys who only got one call-up.

Based on Ndah's cameo at the AFCON he deserves another call-up.

And yes, the National Team has been a launching platform (raised profile) for a lot of players including guys like Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, just to name a few in recent memory. Who were their marketers? Since you know too well the marketing hustle. :roll:
The whole thing is confusing to be honest, and a weird angle to have because if we kept the same energy for most new call-up's there would be a long list of those we could give such a label. For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
It's like people want to act like Ndah didn't play a crucial role in Akwa United winning the NPFL last season, or is widely regarded as the best CB in the South African league in less than the season he has been there helping them reach the semi finals of the Caf Confederations cup.

Not really and you should stop covering for fraud.

NT invitations of domestic players, at youth and SE level are all based on agency representation, except in very, very glaring cases. And I'm probably not saying anything you did not already know...

The SE has been used since Taiwo Ogunjobi's time by elements in the NFF in connivance with the coaches to to facilitate marketing of players.

Sometimes it could coincide with a valuable talented player coming thru, but for the most part its simply about business.
But how does this apply when the player in question isn't "domestic"? Was he not an Orlando Pirates player at AFCON?
All i'm saying you seem to pick and choose with this theory acting like its exclusive to domestic scene players when there's a long list of foreign based players we can point to that got similar treatment.

It's not a question of whether he's domestic.

His goal was always to transfer to Europe. Some transfer directly others use Africa as a stepping stone.

And some need agency support through SE invitation for the next step in the transfer.

Each case is different. But the common denominator is always the nature of the invitation.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
But frankly OLISAH NDAH should have been called up. He's been massive in SA.

The Ndah marketing Project was completed in Cameroon with the token AFCON appearance, cementing his marketing tag as a 'Nigerian international'.

The market is thus closed and the traders have all gone home and moved to the next one...

And yes, the National Team has been a launching platform (raised profile) for a lot of players including guys like Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, just to name a few in recent memory. Who were their marketers? Since you know too well the marketing hustle. :roll:
The whole thing is confusing to be honest, and a weird angle to have because if we kept the same energy for most new call-up's there would be a long list of those we could give such a label. For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
It's like people want to act like Ndah didn't play a crucial role in Akwa United winning the NPFL last season, or is widely regarded as the best CB in the South African league in less than the season he has been there helping them reach the semi finals of the Caf Confederations cup.

NT invitations of domestic players, at youth and SE level are all based on agency representation, except in very, very glaring cases. And I'm probably not saying anything you did not already know...

The SE has been used since Taiwo Ogunjobi's time by elements in the NFF in connivance with the coaches to to facilitate marketing of players.

Sometimes it could coincide with a valuable talented player coming thru, but for the most part its simply about business.
But how does this apply when the player in question isn't "domestic"? Was he not an Orlando Pirates player at AFCON?
All i'm saying you seem to pick and choose with this theory acting like its exclusive to domestic scene players when there's a long list of foreign based players we can point to that got similar treatment.

His goal was always to transfer to Europe. Some transfer directly others use Africa as a stepping stone.

And some need agency support through SE invitation for the next step in the transfer.

Each case is different. But the common denominator is always the nature of the invitation.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nwobodo destroyed the same Turkish league and put up better numbers than both Etebo and Azuibikwe while playing for an inferior team.

NFF wouldn't even have to pay for an overseas flight, as he is already in the US.

His call up is a NO BRAINER.

The NFF and the goons at the sports ministry are a bunch of corrupt buffoons.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

txj wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:08 pm

So what exactly is your point? Because all i've gotten from what you're saying is a whole lot of speculation.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:50 pm

So what exactly is your point? Because all i've gotten from what you're saying is a whole lot of speculation.

In Dec I told you exactly what would happen with Ndah.

I don't know what else you want me to say...

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

txj wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:32 am
Sunset wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:50 pm

In Dec I told you exactly what would happen with Ndah.

I don't know what else you want me to say...
And what exactly happened with Ndah?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

This selection is a disgrace!!!
What are Balogun, Musa, Shehu still doing in the squad?
Why aren’t in the squad: Uzoho, Osimhen, Ihieanacho, Awoniyi, Adeleye, Ndah?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 am Who can forget Ojo Olorunleke being red-carded in the 2015 U20 AFCON vs DR Congo... :D
You touched the point. He is totally crap! He absolutely doesn't deserve to be in the Super Eagles squad.
Especially when we have a long list who deserve more than him: Uzoho, Adeleye and Osigwe are definitely better, but i would also have called a yonug Gk like Bankole over him.
Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 am Meanwhile, Adewale Adeyinka was starter at 2013 Africa U17, but injury kept him out of the UAE 2013 U17 WC.
Even if i'm not enthusiastic, I can accept his call-up, just to test him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pindal, are you sure you are not bad agent Bret Fart?😁. So you want Nigeria to call up the Israeli league basket eh?
pindal123 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:45 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 am Who can forget Ojo Olorunleke being red-carded in the 2015 U20 AFCON vs DR Congo... :D
You touched the point. He is totally crap! He absolutely doesn't deserve to be in the Super Eagles squad.
Especially when we have a long list who deserve more than him: Uzoho, Adeleye and Osigwe are definitely better, but i would also have called a yonug Gk like Bankole over him.
Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 am Meanwhile, Adewale Adeyinka was starter at 2013 Africa U17, but injury kept him out of the UAE 2013 U17 WC.
Even if i'm not enthusiastic, I can accept his call-up, just to test him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

1naija wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:09 am pindal, are you sure you are not bad agent Bret Fart?😁. So you want Nigeria to call up the Israeli league basket eh?
Adebayo Adeleye is our best prospect for the Goalkeeping!
You should learn the difference between basket and soccer! :)
Maybe you are mentioning Agent Bret Fart because you like to receive farts in your mouth! :D
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dennis and Etebo are both injured.

It was reported over a week ago Dennis won't make the summer matches.

Thunder fire the yeye NFF for calling up an injured midfielder who has barely played all season yet they cannot callup a top prospect BASED IN THE US, even saving them airfare. Simply because there is nothing to "hammer"
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Peseiro just added Terem Moffi and Innocent Bonke to the list to replace Sadiq Umar, who will be busy with his club and Etebo I guess since he is out injured.
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/#google_vignette
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 pm Dennis and Etebo are both injured.

It was reported over a week ago Dennis won't make the summer matches.

Thunder fire the yeye NFF for calling up an injured midfielder who has barely played all season yet they cannot callup a top prospect BASED IN THE US, even saving them airfare. Simply because there is nothing to "hammer"
You carry SE and NFF matter for your head. Get a life. More important things in life than SE and NFF.