Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Post by Lolly »

sabb wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pm when Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
These are the sort of bonehead decisions that gets to me. I am sorry, Azubiuke is not it. He was tried when he was at his peak and was not good enough.

Also, Musa and Shehu have no business being in the team at a time we are trying to rebuild.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

No wonder, guess who picked the team... Salisu Yusufu?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
But frankly OLISAH NDAH should have been called up. He's been massive in SA.
Last edited by Gotti on Wed May 11, 2022 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I like the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
I was wondering the same. He's obviously not as good as Ibrahim Buhari. :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:42 pm
sabb wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pm when Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
These are the sort of bonehead decisions that gets to me. I am sorry, Azubiuke is not it. He was tried when he was at his peak and was not good enough.

Also, Musa and Shehu have no business being in the team at a time we are trying to rebuild.
Azubuike was never given a fair shot in his prime...
Instead we were saddled with the likes of Mikel Agu (whom Azubuike runs rings around in Turkey).

However, I AGREE that Azubuike is now past his prime...
The selectors should have called-up US-based OBINNA NWOBODO instead.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:23 pm
sabb wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pmwhen Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
Has he already lost it? At what age?
Recurring injuries have apparently taken a toll on him...
Cannot recall the last time the dude played a full season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:15 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:42 pm

Azubuike was never given a fair shot in his prime...
Instead we were saddled with the likes of Mikel Agu (whom Azubuike runs rings around in Turkey).

However, I AGREE that Azubuike is now past his prime...
The selectors should have called-up US-based OBINNA NWOBODO instead.
It seems like a no brainer but you know.....we are Nigeria...we rarely do no brainers.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I like the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
I was wondering the same. He's obviously not as good as Ibrahim Buhari. :sneaky:
Ibrahim has been the best performing CB in the NPFL this season and is joint top-goalscorer for Plateau, a big reason why Rivers UTD gap at the top isn't any bigger. Talent-wise he's of a similar bracket with Ndah as the both have the physical & technical skills to take it to a higher level.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 pm
Ibrahim has been the best performing CB in the NPFL this season and is joint top-goalscorer for Plateau, a big reason why Rivers UTD gap at the top isn't any bigger. Talent-wise he's of a similar bracket with Ndah as the both have the physical & technical skills to take it to a higher level.
Thanks for the clarification. You already know where I was going with that :laugh: , but if you approve of him then it’s good enough for me. Nice to see we still have good CD talent in the League.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:17 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 pm
Thanks for the clarification. You already know where I was going with that :laugh: , but if you approve of him then it’s good enough for me. Nice to see we still have good CD talent in the League.
:thumb:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Just realized that Ejuke was ignored again.

This Musa sef !!!!!

Selfish angel*.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

This one na real home based galore. Now I feel their presence in SE. I will reserve judgement until the games are played
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

My only positive take from this squad is the overdue return of Dessers and some emphasis on inviting more midfielders, at least that's a start.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:31 pm Just realized that Ejuke was ignored again.

This Musa sef !!!!!

Selfish angel*.
What's up with your irrational hatred of Musa? He doesn't pick himself, unless you better than than the coaches who have consistently picked him for a decade I suggest you g8ve it a rest.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:31 pm Just realized that Ejuke was ignored again.

This Musa sef !!!!!

Selfish angel*.
What's up with your irrational hatred of Musa? He doesn't pick himself, unless you better than than the coaches who have consistently picked him for a decade I suggest you g8ve it a rest.
You and I and everyone on this forum KNOWS Musa stopped being even marginally useful to SE, YEARS AGO. This isn't even a recent development, he's been crap since his flash in the pan world cup appearance.

That "Every coach" has picked him is indicative of the utter rot and corruption that will never see SE achieve the goals we all wish and all know are possible, yet the crooks keep getting in the way of progress.

Ahmed Musa is a national SHAME.

How can any man with an ounce of pride continue accepting callups as "captain" and you are clearly the worst player who has NOTHING to add to the team but run around like a useless and headless chicken. You are depriving the youngsters of opportunity. What a loser this guy is. Said he would retire after the WC but failed to qualify and played his part in his useless cameo as a sub.

Now he is back FOR WHAT exactly?

The guy keeps degrading himself by the hour. Loser has NO SHAME.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Okoye
Aina
Balogun
Troost
Sanusi
Yusuf
Aribo
Iwobi
Lookman
Dennis
Dessers

This team should torment the Mexicans.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:09 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:21 pm
1naija wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:58 pm You all are professional complainers!!!

If we can't evaluate new players in a friendly game, when can we?
why bother. A friendly is used to test players.. these jokers are crying
That’s why it should be even easier to drop the likes of Musa and Shehu for these games…what more do we need to know about them?
Ndidi, Onyenka are all out injured. Let them test new players.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:22 pm
Who can forget Ojo Olorunleke being red-carded in the 2015 U20 AFCON vs DR Congo... :D
Meanwhile, Adewale Adeyinka was starter at 2013 Africa U17, but injury kept him out of the UAE 2013 U17 WC.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:45 pmIf we have been listening to the trappings coming out of the press the only thing that surprised me is that they invited Lookman and Bassey back LOL.

These have their idea on how they think the team should look. It's playing out right in front of our eyes right now.

I don't know that there's any player on here that is a "wow, I cant believe he wasn't invited" type of player. I will say it should have been common sense to invite Obinna Nwobodo. I think he will be added eventually. Also, the Spurs goalie who came with the homebased lads to the LA debacle, should have been brought in to garner more experience as well.

I also thought the Onyedika hype train meant an invite was imminent. I guess not. Good to see Dessers and Yusuf tho.

FWIW, a few players asked to be excused from these games. I am sure you can guess who they are.
Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:48 pm The Samson Tijani call is a bit worrying though, he's just finally finding his feet in the Austrian 2nd division for Salzburg's reserves where he's been about okay, there are certainly guys playing at a higher level who would've been a better pick.

Aribo is in need of a rest, it's close to 70 games he has played this season alone.
Aribo has reportedly played more games than any other player this season...
And I would definitely have picked RAPHAEL ONYEDIKA over Samson Tijani at this time.
Last edited by Gotti on Wed May 11, 2022 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
:thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:47 am
Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:45 pmIf we have been listening to the trappings coming out of the press the only thing that surprised me is that they invited Lookman and Bassey back LOL.

These have their idea on how they think the team should look. It's playing out right in front of our eyes right now.

I don't know that there's any player on here that is a "wow, I cant believe he wasn't invited" type of player. I will say it should have been common sense to invite Obinna Nwobodo. I think he will be added eventually. Also, the Spurs goalie who came with the homebased lads to the LA debacle, should have been brought in to garner more experience as well.

I also thought the Onyedika hype train meant an invite was imminent. I guess not. Good to see Dessers and Yusuf tho.

FWIW, a few players asked to be excused from these games. I am sure you can guess who they are.
Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:48 pm The Samson Tijani call is a bit worrying though, he's just finally finding his feet in the Austrian 2nd division for Salzburg's reserves where he's been about okay, there are certainly guys playing at a higher level who would've been a better pick.

Aribo is in need of a rest, it's close to 70 games he has played this season alone.
Aribo has reportedly played more games than any other player this season...
And I would definitely have picked RAPHAEL ONYEDIKA over Samson Tijani at this time.
Aribo has been looking tired in recent club and SE games.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:43 am
Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:22 pm
Who can forget Ojo Olorunleke being red-carded in the 2015 U20 AFCON vs DR Congo... :D
Meanwhile, Adewale Adeyinka was starter at 2013 Africa U17, but injury kept him out of the UAE 2013 U17 WC.

Who can forget Olorunleke letting a direct shot through his outstretched hands into the net against a Germany captained by Akpoguma leading to our elimination from the 2015 U20 WC in New Zealand? :lol:
I am happy