Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:58 pm Well apparently 5 players will be dropped according to Score Nigeria.

The squad itself isn't bad, but it's just all the same recurring themes that show we haven't learned a damn thing.
Musa, Shehu is what is really turning ppl off. Musa has been playing for his club. Not sure about Shehu.

Last I checked, Musa was still captain. It makes no sense for an interim coach to take a drastic decision. That's for a new coach to decide.

As for the homebased....you had to be deaf and blind to not know this was imminent. Look at all the utterings since the Ghana mishap.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:58 pm You all are professional complainers!!!

If we can evaluate new players in a friendly game, when can we?
We are evaluating THE WRONG new players.

How do they not even have the foresight to call up Nwobodo who is in the US.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

So, the SuperEagles has been reduced to a haven for glorified division 2 players. Fantastic🤔🤐❗️

Cheers
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

seriously !!nigeria have serious problem why amed musa?he himself no even get shame,he said he will retire after world cup but we did not make IT, what is problem and COACHES???WHOEVER IS BEHINE THIS
thanks
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:46 pm Abeg who be Victor Mboama ?
Enyimba FC striker
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Unless Uzoho is injured or asked to be excused for personal reasons I think this is absolutely the wrong time to drop him.
And I would have thought Ndah would have made the list.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm
Igugu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm
oyek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:10 pm
If this list were to be taken seriously, it would include Amoo, Osimhen, Ihieanacho, Awoniyi at the least.
Amoo - injured
Osimhen/Kelechi - Personal reasons
Awoniyi - Not sure. Homebased needed a chance I guess?
Ugbowo,

My hunch is that Salisu is using this to build up the homebased team that he is in charge for the Africa-based AFCON that will be coming up soon. This is a different tint to what Keshi used in the past to build a strong home-based squad. This is simply based on my analysis of this list. He possibly knows that the NFF is not going to fund a long period of camping for the homebased lads (as was the case with Keshi). Thus, since Salisu will be the coach of that homebased squad why not use this opportunity as Interim Manager of the SE to begin to build up the HB team that he will be managing. After all, why invite 25 FB guys and leave some of them without a minute on the field? That is just my conjecture at the moment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

when Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If we can't evaluate new players in a friendly game, when can we?
why bother. A friendly is used to test players.. these jokers are crying
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

sabb wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pm when Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
Has he already lost it? At what age?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Damunk wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:23 pm
sabb wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pm when Azubuike was decent we didn't call him, now that he's quiet we remember him, hope he still has it
Has he already lost it? At what age?
dunno, been a while we touted him on this pages and haven't heard any rave reports about him in a while, he's fighting for relegation on loan in turkey, chai.

most of our players just seem to be in relegation battle sha
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure yet what to make of this squad. Happy to see Alhassan Yusuf and Dessers. Would be curious to know the rationale behind inviting so many HB players. I hope the NFF has some kind of well thought out plan and is not just senselessly trying to reduce the number of foreign born players invited. I am happy to see new HB goalies. Where is Uzoho tho?

Can't believe Shehu is still being called ahead of Ebuehi. Shehu has had probably one good outing the last 7 or 8 times he's played for the SE. Osayi-Samuel is also another better option at RB.

Musa really needs to retire. Don't think Azubuike and Tijani are also not our best options in midfield at the moment. I would have gone for Nwobodo, Dele-Bashiru, Onyedika, or Ejaria.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

It depends on what your definition of quiet is, if it's by media reports I get it but amongst this set of midfielders its only Aribo & Alhassan that have seen more action than him this season
Last edited by Sunset on Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm
Igugu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm
oyek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:10 pm
If this list were to be taken seriously, it would include Amoo, Osimhen, Ihieanacho, Awoniyi at the least.
Amoo - injured
Osimhen/Kelechi - Personal reasons
Awoniyi - Not sure. Homebased needed a chance I guess?
Ugbowo,

My hunch is that Salisu is using this to build up the homebased team that he is in charge for the Africa-based AFCON that will be coming up soon. This is a different tint to what Keshi used in the past to build a strong home-based squad. This is simply based on my analysis of this list. He possibly knows that the NFF is not going to fund a long period of camping for the homebased lads (as was the case with Keshi). Thus, since Salisu will be the coach of that homebased squad why not use this opportunity as Interim Manager of the SE to begin to build up the HB team that he will be managing. After all, why invite 25 FB guys and leave some of them without a minute on the field? That is just my conjecture at the moment.
Prof,

It could be but we can't be sure. I just know from the utterances in the press that this was imminent. There was an obvious clamor for the inclusion of the homebased players and the home based coach is in charge. I guess 1+1=2?

I forgot about Ndah. Considering he went to Mexico and then AFCON, this would have continued his growth probably. But maybe we ae not thinking about that.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:56 pm
It depends on what your definition of quiet is, if it's by media reports I get it but amongst this set of midfielders its only Aribo that has seen more action than him this season
Sunset,

I heard he has shut it down for the season and hasn't played the last 3 games. There's talk out there that he was "saving" himself for next season and might not actually be injured. Not sure how true it is but I did read a text exchange supposedly from him confirming that.

Also, I think it was you who brought Rafiu Ishaq to our attention earlier this season. Maybe someone else was watching. Let's see what the lad has to offer.

Do you have an opinion on the homebased midfielders listed?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:21 pm

If we can't evaluate new players in a friendly game, when can we?
why bother. A friendly is used to test players.. these jokers are crying
That’s why it should be even easier to drop the likes of Musa and Shehu for these games…what more do we need to know about them?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:58 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:56 pm
It depends on what your definition of quiet is, if it's by media reports I get it but amongst this set of midfielders its only Aribo that has seen more action than him this season
Sunset,

I heard he has shut it down for the season and hasn't played the last 3 games. There's talk out there that he was "saving" himself for next season and might not actually be injured. Not sure how true it is but I did read a text exchange supposedly from him confirming that.

Also, I think it was you who brought Rafiu Ishaq to our attention earlier this season. Maybe someone else was watching. Let's see what the lad has to offer.

Do you have an opinion on the homebased midfielders listed?
Yeah he joined to help rescue his former club from relegation but all he could was slow down the inevitable.
Rafiu is the current topgoalscorer in the league so there's no way they could ignore him.

The midfield is a bit interesting, Chiamaka Madu has been pretty decent this season with Rivers but its surprising he was picked over the likes of Chijoke Akuneto, Morice Chukwu (but I have a good idea why) and even Joseph Onoja, but at the same time the timing couldn't be any worse losing their top players for at least 3 crucial Matchdays in the NPFL.

Babatunde Nosiru is a bit confusing as it seems like they got Afeez Nosiru (Kwara UTD) and Babatunde Bello (Akwa UTD) mixed up but whoever it is, we're getting a DM that's very dangerous in dead-ball situations.

:lol:
[tweet][/tweet]
Last edited by Sunset on Tue May 10, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It's clear Nwobodo who just signed a new contract had no need to be called.

In fact even many of the foreign based called up like Azuibikwe are in need of a transfer.

This squad is all about transfer market, just like the outfit called to play Mexico last time.

It's Hammer Time !!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:45 pm If we have been listening to the trappings coming out of the press the only thing that surprised me is that they invited Lookman and Bassey back LOL.

These have their idea on how they think the team should look. It's playing out right in front of our eyes right now.

I don't know that there's any player on here that is a "wow, I cant believe he wasn't invited" type of player. I will say it should have been common sense to invite Obinna Nwobodo. I think he will be added eventually. Also, the Spurs goalie who came with the homebased lads to the LA debacle, should have been brought in to garner more experience as well.

I also thought the Onyedika hype train meant an invite was imminent. I guess not. Good to see Dessers and Yusuf tho.

FWIW, a few players asked to be excused from these games. I am sure you can guess who they are.
What hype train? Onyedika plays week in week out for the Danish champions. He absolutely deserves a callup.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The Samson Tijani call is a bit worrying though, he's just finally finding his feet in the Austrian 2nd division for Salzburg's reserves where he's been about okay, there are certainly guys playing at a higher level who would've been a better pick.

Aribo is in need of a rest, it's close to 70 games he has played this season alone.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 pm It's clear Nwobodo who just signed a new contract had no need to be called.

In fact even many of the foreign based called up like Azuibikwe are in need of a transfer.

This squad is all about transfer market, just like the outfit called to play Mexico last time.

It's Hammer Time !!!

Salisu knows he's on the way out and he's going out with bang on the transfer market. Look. they caught him on camera collecting bribe for just a minute or so, he's about to release a movie. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Phew! Decision made! I will NOT be going to any of the games. I will not put my money to support fraud and corruption.

Ahmed Musa wants to retire at the 2026 world cup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:13 pm seriously !!nigeria have serious problem why amed musa?he himself no even get shame,he said he will retire after world cup but we did not make IT, what is problem and COACHES???WHOEVER IS BEHINE THIS
world cup no dey for 2026? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?