Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Invited SE Players for US friendlies

Post by mcal »

...this call-ups to play in the USA will be looked as a favor to many of the players. If the friendly were in Europe many probably won't show, especially those based in on the continent. America is gold.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:20 pm So the crooks learned from their last debacle against Mexico. Now they use the "keshi method"

Surround your junks you intend to market with some first team players.
The method that led to Mba becoming the Elephant Slayer.

The method that delivered AFCON gold after failure to qualify for the previous AFCON.

The method that took us to WC 2nd round :thumbs:

I am sure you can never recover from the experience. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

RIP to the BIG BOSS
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mexico gave Nigeria’s handlers an incentive to field a diluted team❗️

Cheers.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:56 pm I wouldn’t be surprised if Mexico gave Nigeria’s handlers an incentive to field a diluted team❗️

Cheers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Well according to owngoalnigeria, Finidi has just been promoted as 1st assistant coach of the SE, he may tweek the team list to suit and invite his own players.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm
Igugu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm
oyek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:10 pm
If this list were to be taken seriously, it would include Amoo, Osimhen, Ihieanacho, Awoniyi at the least.
Amoo - injured
Osimhen/Kelechi - Personal reasons
Awoniyi - Not sure. Homebased needed a chance I guess?
Ugbowo,

My hunch is that Salisu is using this to build up the homebased team that he is in charge for the Africa-based AFCON that will be coming up soon. This is a different tint to what Keshi used in the past to build a strong home-based squad. This is simply based on my analysis of this list. He possibly knows that the NFF is not going to fund a long period of camping for the homebased lads (as was the case with Keshi). Thus, since Salisu will be the coach of that homebased squad why not use this opportunity as Interim Manager of the SE to begin to build up the HB team that he will be managing. After all, why invite 25 FB guys and leave some of them without a minute on the field? That is just my conjecture at the moment.

You keep hunching :rotf: :rotf:

Homebased NT invitations do not just happen. They are based on representation.

But hey, keep on hunching!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:16 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:02 pm
Igugu wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm
oyek wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:10 pm
If this list were to be taken seriously, it would include Amoo, Osimhen, Ihieanacho, Awoniyi at the least.
Amoo - injured
Osimhen/Kelechi - Personal reasons
Awoniyi - Not sure. Homebased needed a chance I guess?
Ugbowo,

My hunch is that Salisu is using this to build up the homebased team that he is in charge for the Africa-based AFCON that will be coming up soon. This is a different tint to what Keshi used in the past to build a strong home-based squad. This is simply based on my analysis of this list. He possibly knows that the NFF is not going to fund a long period of camping for the homebased lads (as was the case with Keshi). Thus, since Salisu will be the coach of that homebased squad why not use this opportunity as Interim Manager of the SE to begin to build up the HB team that he will be managing. After all, why invite 25 FB guys and leave some of them without a minute on the field? That is just my conjecture at the moment.
Prof,

It could be but we can't be sure. I just know from the utterances in the press that this was imminent. There was an obvious clamor for the inclusion of the homebased players and the home based coach is in charge. I guess 1+1=2?

I forgot about Ndah. Considering he went to Mexico and then AFCON, this would have continued his growth probably. But maybe we ae not thinking about that.

The Ndah project is done and the market operators have gone home or moved on...

I told you guys back in December how it would play out...

You can either face reality or continue the charade...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 am
Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...
But frankly OLISAH NDAH should have been called up. He's been massive in SA.
:thumbs:

Let me say it again, slowly:

The Ndah marketing Project was completed in Cameroon with the token AFCON appearance, cementing his marketing tag as a 'Nigerian international'.

The market is thus closed and the traders have all gone home and moved to the next one...
Last edited by txj on Sat May 14, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

His fantastic performances for Pirates saw Ndah earn a surprise call up to the Nigerian national team, with coach Augustine Eguavoen taking the lanky centre back with him to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon earlier this year. Even though Ndah only played a few minutes in that campaign, it is believed that there were clubs who had been watching him train during the tournament. It is also believed that the 24-year-old had attracted interest from clubs abroad even before setting foot in South Africa. It now seems as if that interest is intensifying according to sources speaking to The Citizen.

INTEREST FROM SWEDEN CONFIRMED
“I think this was expected because apparently before he (Ndah) joined Pirates there was a team overseas that wanted to sign him, but they took their time making an official bid while he was still in Nigeria. So, Pirates acted quickly on him, but now there is already a club in Sweden that is very serious about signing him. This is a big deal for him because that is his biggest dream – he wants to go play on a bigger stage at some point. But, still, he remains grounded and knows that he is Pirates player,” said the source.

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/s ... er-eagles/

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:19 pm
His fantastic performances for Pirates saw Ndah earn a surprise call up to the Nigerian national team, with coach Augustine Eguavoen taking the lanky centre back with him to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon earlier this year. Even though Ndah only played a few minutes in that campaign, it is believed that there were clubs who had been watching him train during the tournament. It is also believed that the 24-year-old had attracted interest from clubs abroad even before setting foot in South Africa. It now seems as if that interest is intensifying according to sources speaking to The Citizen.

“I think this was expected because apparently before he (Ndah) joined Pirates there was a team overseas that wanted to sign him, but they took their time making an official bid while he was still in Nigeria. So, Pirates acted quickly on him, but now there is already a club in Sweden that is very serious about signing him. This is a big deal for him because that is his biggest dream – he wants to go play on a bigger stage at some point. But, still, he remains grounded and knows that he is Pirates player,” said the source.

The very vocal online marketers on CE have gone quiet probably after receiving their cut. :lol:
We knew what the project was about because we have been down that route before but the online marketers were asking for "evidence"!
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Friendlies are mean't to test new players. The likes of Ahmed Musa should be rested for new players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:00 am Friendlies are mean't to test new players. The likes of Ahmed Musa should be rested for new players.
He shouldn't be rested for new players.

He should be rested FOR GOOD.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:18 pm
Gotti wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm I get the experimental call-ups, that's one thing friendlies are for...

The Ndah marketing Project was completed in Cameroon with the token AFCON appearance, cementing his as a 'Nigerian international'.

The market is thus closed and the traders have all gone home and moved to the next one...
We still have sane and honest people on CE.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

A bunch of friendlies we probably get hammered. When history is told about these matches, no one will remember that we played them with junks. Thunder fire our so called football heads!

Musa might be a national hero but he has no shame. And please no one should say he doesn’t pick himself because we don’t know his connection. He should do the honorable thing and bow out.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:30 am
txj wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:19 pm

The very vocal online marketers on CE have gone quiet probably after receiving their cut. :lol:
We knew what the project was about because we have been down that route before but the online marketers were asking for "evidence"!
And you guys point is what exactly?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Ndah marketing Project was completed in Cameroon with the token AFCON appearance, cementing his marketing tag as a 'Nigerian international'.

There are countless guys who only got one call-up.

Based on Ndah's cameo at the AFCON he deserves another call-up.

And yes, the National Team has been a launching platform (raised profile) for a lot of players including guys like Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, just to name a few in recent memory. Who were their marketers? Since you know too well the marketing hustle. :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 pm

And yes, the National Team has been a launching platform (raised profile) for a lot of players including guys like Okoye, Ekong, Balogun, just to name a few in recent memory. Who were their marketers? Since you know too well the marketing hustle. :roll:

Ekong and Balogun came into the SE based on their performances.
They then played their way into starting spots.
That is how it should be.

Okoye is the default example of you apologists for thieves. Nigeria badly lacked GKs at the time of the call up, having taken a reserve Segunda player to the WC.

That's how others did it, like Enyeama, like Mikel, like Kalu, to name a few. And importantly, they remained in the team cus the invite and the performances justified each other.

From the very beginning I told ur sorry butt what was going to happen. The token appearance to get the tag, 'Nigerian international' and then moving on to the next client.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Why this attack against the North?
Are they not Nigerians?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

asabatex wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:30 pm Why this attack against the North?
Are they not Nigerians?
'This Is (Southern) Nigeria'.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The whole thing is confusing to be honest, and a weird angle to have because if we kept the same energy for most new call-up's there would be a long list of those we could give such a label. For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
It's like people want to act like Ndah didn't play a crucial role in Akwa United winning the NPFL last season, or is widely regarded as the best CB in the South African league in less than the season he has been there helping them reach the semi finals of the Caf Confederations cup.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:22 pm

The whole thing is confusing to be honest, and a weird angle to have because if we kept the same energy for most new call-up's there would be a long list of those we could give such a label. For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
It's like people want to act like Ndah didn't play a crucial role in Akwa United winning the NPFL last season, or is widely regarded as the best CB in the South African league in less than the season he has been there helping them reach the semi finals of the Caf Confederations cup.

Not really and you should stop covering for fraud.

NT invitations of domestic players, at youth and SE level are all based on agency representation, except in very, very glaring cases. And I'm probably not saying anything you did not already know...

The SE has been used since Taiwo Ogunjobi's time by elements in the NFF in connivance with the coaches to to facilitate marketing of players.

Sometimes it could coincide with a valuable talented player coming thru, but for the most part its simply about business.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For me, as long as they are clearly talented and we're not overlooking someone that's clearly superior to them it's not a big deal.
But that is EXACTLY what is going on.

How those midfielders, even the foreign based like Tijani and Azubikwe got in the team ahead of

Nwobodo, Ejaria, Onyedika, Dele Bashiru

Is criminal

Not to mention the likes of Ejuke, Awoniyi, Ebuehi, Akpoguma being left out for clearly inferior players.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

txj wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:03 pm

Not really and you should stop covering for fraud.

NT invitations of domestic players, at youth and SE level are all based on agency representation, except in very, very glaring cases. And I'm probably not saying anything you did not already know...

The SE has been used since Taiwo Ogunjobi's time by elements in the NFF in connivance with the coaches to to facilitate marketing of players.

Sometimes it could coincide with a valuable talented player coming thru, but for the most part its simply about business.
But how does this apply when the player in question isn't "domestic"? Was he not an Orlando Pirates player at AFCON?
All i'm saying you seem to pick and choose with this theory acting like its exclusive to domestic scene players when there's a long list of foreign based players we can point to that got similar treatment.