Was it right to dump Uzoho?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Was it right to dump Uzoho?

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:33 am
Sunset wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:39 pmI'm not sure what Tielemans has to do with this but just because one starts for the #2 ranked NT won't change the fact they have deficiencies in their game, its how you accommodate it.
What it has to do with this is that you don't have to play for a "big team" to be a top-notch player...
Meanwhile, even Messi has deficiencies, so do not get why perfection should be the enemy of very good in Ndidi's case.
Tileman is leaving Leicester for a bigger team this summer. He refused to renew his contract and his play this season has been subpar because the mind is somewhere else.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:03 am
Gotti wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:47 am
Sunset wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:56 amNo where did I say he wasn't a "top-notch" player, so if you can find where that was said let me know as well as this quest for "perfection". All I did was point out a clear weakness in his game which is probably the reason he isn't at a "top" team right now. Everybody has one deficiency or the other but the issue is when it's glaring, i'm a big fan of him but I'm not one to make excuses like:
You're seeking perfection or near-perfection if a DM who has always been in the top 1 or 2 of tackling and interceptions in the EPL, and who recycles the ball at an 83% clip in the busiest and most crowded part of the pitch lacks "ball skills" (whatever that means) to play the role that requires disruption of the opposition's possession by tackling and interception, and thereafter recycling possession by quickly passing it on with a fair bit of accuracy - all because he's not presently at a so-called "big team". Only on CE.
Only on C.E indeed, that we want our players to be limited, and try to justify it with stats that don't tell the full story, though i'm not sure where you got the 83% from as most sites I see have his PL pass completion rate as 80.2%, Since we want to go the numbers route, i might as well add this little illustration.
If near-perfection is him being even slightly a more balanced midfielder then I 100% agree with you...
Bros, leave them they don’t get it. I love Ndidi and I want him to be the captain but his game is very limited. Kante used to be like Ndidi but his game has evolved. He is now a goal threat. I can’t say the same for Ndidi.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

This was supposed to be a thread about Uzoho and now became a thread about Ndidi.

Just let him play and don' t comprare him to other players of the past.
As Packerland saied i also think Ndidi should be our Captain!