PESEIRO Will Be Officially Announced as New SE Manager.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
PESEIRO Will Be Officially Announced as New SE Manager.....

Post by Enugu II »

Peseiro will likely be named as SE Manager despite the Minister's insistence that the NFF interviews additional managers... Clearly, the insistence is to follow the FG's due process rule which requires that contracts be competitive involving multiple applicants that go through the defined process for competitive bidding. This may be an indication that the FGN will be footing the bill. If not, why go through this government directive? In any case, going through it is merely perfunctory i.e. to satisfy stated policy. It is clear that the NFF has not only settled for Peseiro but has been involved in sole negotiation with him. The rest of these names and Minister's request is perfunctory. That is just my view.
NFF Set To Announce New Super Eagles Coach Thursday
FOOTBALL
By Ukpe Philip On May 11, 2022
https://thewhistler.ng/nff-set-to-annou ... -thursday/

The new Super Eagles coach will be named latest Thursday, the Nigerian Football Federation has said.

The president of the country’s football body, Amaju Pinnick, told a local media that Portuguese born Jose Peseiro is one of the leading contenders.

The NFF had sacked Gernot Rohr in December 2021 after failing to meet expectation. He was with the team for 64 months.

The NFF appointed Austin Eguavoen who led the Super Eagles team that finished in third place at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt back in 2006 as interim Technical Adviser.

The governing body of the NFF had in December last year picked Peseiro as the new coach, but Eguavoen was retained to lead the Eagles to the African Cup of Nations and World Cup Qualifiers where the team lost both.

“All the minister wants is fair play and not just Peseiro, he wants us to weigh other options and we will be announcing the new Eagles coach latest by Thursday,” PUNCH quoted Pinnick.

He added, “I don’t know who that will be yet, because we are talking to many of them and we’ve had zoom meetings with them.”

Big names like ex- Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde, ex-PSG and France coach Laurent Blanc, former PSV Eindhoven manager Phillip Cocu and former Sampdoria and Cagliari manager Walter Zenga are Rohr’s likely replacement.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PESEIRO Will Be Officially Announced as New SE Manager.....

Post by vancity eagle »

I read elsewhere that the so called "open to other candidates" was just a delay tactic by the federal government so they could include their homebased players in the squad for the american games.

Peseiro will be named anyways, so we have to ask why the delay ?

Had Peseiro been named weeks ago, these homebased players WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CALLED.

In Nigeria they do everything backwards and corrupt. Then they turn around and wonder why there is nothing but failure.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:01 pm I read elsewhere that the so called "open to other candidates" was just a delay tactic by the federal government so they could include their homebased players in the squad for the american games.

Had Peseiro been named weeks ago, these homebased players WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CALLED.

In Nigeria they do everything backwards and corrupt. Then they turn around and wonder why there is nothing but failure.
So if you can’t use some home based players in a meaningless friendly, then where do you plan to use them?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:43 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:01 pm I read elsewhere that the so called "open to other candidates" was just a delay tactic by the federal government so they could include their homebased players in the squad for the american games.

So if you can’t use some home based players in a meaningless friendly, then where do you plan to use them?
Under Peseiro, home based players will also be invited to camp. Bet on that. This is not about homebased but about assertion of Ministerial power.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

First of all friendlies are not "meaningless" Especially not when you are playing teams the calibre of Ecuador and Mexico. We need to get used to BEATING this calibre of team on the regular. You do not waste such opportunities on players who have little to offer the national team.

When exactly are we supposed to try the likes of

Onyedika
Ejaria
Nwobodo
Bright Osei Samuel
Yira Sor

when would other fringe players like

Ejuke, Akpoguma, Bonke

get better chances to stake their claim.

There has to be an order to this, you dont just throw in any random player. And please stop acting like this is some genuine attempt to get the best out of the SE, rather than a business opportunity for hungry agents. We've been through this song and dance before.

I dont mind the homebased goalkeepers and maybe a few of the defenders, but we completely FAILED again with the midfield. No lessons have been learned.

And leaving out a player like Ejuke again, for junks like Musa, and other homebased prospects is just criminal.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE

There are higher goals than simply beating Mexico or Ecuador in an international friendly. It is not a competitive international. BTW, the game against Sierra Leone next month is more important than those games against those South American teams.

In any case, (1) I believe Nigeria is not dedicating funds to building a strong CHAN team. Thus, this might be a Plan B to provide the training and team chemistry needed in building the CHAN team by inviting so many locally-based players. (2) if you invite 25-30 FB players the costs far outweigh any gains. Many of those will simply sit and not get a second on the field. Thus, why not use the less expensive locally based guy s while also achieving the CHAN goals? (3) I do not know how well the scouting was at the HB level but I am convinced that there are continuing players emerging and suitable for the SE that are HB. Perhaps, this signals that attention is also being paid to the homebased rather than the ignoring and perfunctory practice that previously existed.
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 pm

First of all friendlies are not "meaningless" Especially not when you are playing teams the calibre of Ecuador and Mexico. We need to get used to BEATING this calibre of team on the regular. You do not waste such opportunities on players who have little to offer the national team.

Onyedika
Ejaria
Nwobodo
Bright Osei Samuel
Yira Sor

Ejuke, Akpoguma, Bonke

There has to be an order to this, you dont just throw in any random player. And please stop acting like this is some genuine attempt to get the best out of the SE, rather than a business opportunity for hungry agents. We've been through this song and dance before.

I dont mind the homebased goalkeepers and maybe a few of the defenders, but we completely FAILED again with the midfield. No lessons have been learned.

And leaving out a player like Ejuke again, for junks like Musa, and other homebased prospects is just criminal.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

eII

Using the SE to accomplish the goals of the CHAN team is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

these homebased lads wont play much anyways, and many of them will even be cut and not even go to the US, so the whole thing is a BIG waste of time.

You and I know much of it is just so they can put "SE callup" on their CV for marketing purposes. (even if they dont go to US, so long as their name was on the list) As I said before, we've seen this song and dance many times. THere is nothing new under the sun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:26 pm eII

Using the SE to accomplish the goals of the CHAN team is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

these homebased lads wont play much anyways, and many of them will even be cut and not even go to the US, so the whole thing is a BIG waste of time.

You and I know much of it is just so they can put "SE callup" on their CV for marketing purposes. (even if they dont go to US, so long as their name was on the list) As I said before, we've seen this song and dance many times. THere is nothing new under the sun.
You will find out that it is FAR from being a waste. Training with main SE is immeasurable not only in building chemistry but also in building confidence. Nothing lost but much to be gained.

My only concern is that the likes of Osimhen and others must join the team before the more important contests in the qualifiers. I do not care if they are absent against Mexico and Ecuador. No big deal. But we need them in the important qualifiers.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Confusion and Chaos - The hallmark of a once-proud country
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This Peseiro guy sef na wa. What will the Nff have to do to make nit want the job again? He was supposedly hired 6 months ago but they just dey dribbu am JJ style ever since. I'm no get something else to do? I'm starting to suspect he'll be a yes man sef. GOD dey o!
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...if they like make them announce Pistachio, e go be bizness as usual, incompetence upon incompetence, lackluster over lackluster performances.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Just like that crazy ex you can't seem to get over, Peseiro keeps coming back into the conversation.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:10 pm Just like that crazy ex you can't seem to get over, Peseiro keeps coming back into the conversation.

Like ****, he doesnt have options. :oops:

Nigeria is like those low quality ghetto guys, Tyrone, who only goes for cheap, low level hoes... because thats only who he can afford, who have no other option and who will settle for him. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, Prof...

1. You'll be lucky if 4 of the 8 don't take off and sign for some overseas club before the CHAN. This has nothing to do with team chemistry but has everything to do with positioning their 'boys' for foreign contracts.

2. I would argue that the cost of flying 8 HB players from Nigeria to Dallas and NY is greater than the cost of flying 5 additional FB players from Europe to the US. Also, team chemistry would have been better accomplished by having the CHAN team play friendlies with one of their West African or Central African counterparts. The benefits of trying out the next gen FB players which VE listed by far overrides that of 8 HB players, who would be pretty useless to the AFCON cause once the new coach comes in.

3. Getting the right players lined up and trialed prior to the AFCONQ kickoff is the top priority here. 8 HB players is a complete waste of time, money and opportunity, but what else is new in Naija.
Enugu II wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 pm VE

There are higher goals than simply beating Mexico or Ecuador in an international friendly. It is not a competitive international. BTW, the game against Sierra Leone next month is more important than those games against those South American teams.

In any case, (1) I believe Nigeria is not dedicating funds to building a strong CHAN team. Thus, this might be a Plan B to provide the training and team chemistry needed in building the CHAN team by inviting so many locally-based players. (2) if you invite 25-30 FB players the costs far outweigh any gains. Many of those will simply sit and not get a second on the field. Thus, why not use the less expensive locally based guy s while also achieving the CHAN goals? (3) I do not know how well the scouting was at the HB level but I am convinced that there are continuing players emerging and suitable for the SE that are HB. Perhaps, this signals that attention is also being paid to the homebased rather than the ignoring and perfunctory practice that previously existed.

Onyedika
Ejaria
Nwobodo
Bright OSAYI-SAMUEL (not Osei - he ain't Ghanaian :wink: )
Yira Sor

Ejuke, Akpoguma, Bonke

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:22 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:10 pm Just like that crazy ex you can't seem to get over, Peseiro keeps coming back into the conversation.

Nigeria is like those low quality ghetto guys, Tyrone, who only goes for cheap, low level hoes... because thats only who he can afford, who have no other option and who will settle for him. :oops:
Peseiro better call Tyrone……CALL HIM! :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:53 am Sorry, Prof...

1. You'll be lucky if 4 of the 8 don't take off and sign for some overseas club before the CHAN. This has nothing to do with team chemistry but has everything to do with positioning their 'boys' for foreign contracts.
We have been through this before.... Who cares if half of them leave? I certainly don't.... After all, would you care if in the midst of this Osimhen, Ekong, change clubs? I bet the answer is NO. So why should I care if any of these Enyimba or Remo guys relocate? You simply continue inviting the guy if he remains good and then invite others as well who will be available for NPFL. Not as big deal for me. Remember, the NT has never been like a club, players come and go. ALL THE TIME. It ain't different with this invitation. You may even drop some of these lads whether or not they leave for Cyprus or for Kano.

2. I would argue that the cost of flying 8 HB players from Nigeria to Dallas and NY is greater than the cost of flying 5 additional FB players from Europe to the US. Also, team chemistry would have been better accomplished by having the CHAN team play friendlies with one of their West African or Central African counterparts. The benefits of trying out the next gen FB players which VE listed by far overrides that of 8 HB players, who would be pretty useless to the AFCON cause once the new coach comes in.
You are possibly correct on costs for this particular event. However, when you factor camping the local guys in a separate period compared to taking some of them with the main team, there will be a major cost difference. Why invite some guy from France and have him sit on the bench when you can have a local guy sit on the same bench but noty only build chemistry with other CHAN guys but also build confidence.

3. Getting the right players lined up and trialed prior to the AFCONQ kickoff is the top priority here. 8 HB players is a complete waste of time, money and opportunity, but what else is new in Naija.
Enugu II wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 pm VE
The priority is 2-fold: Prepare for AFCON and prepare for CHAN. Both are important.

Onyedika
Ejaria
Nwobodo
Bright OSAYI-SAMUEL (not Osei - he ain't Ghanaian :wink: )
Yira Sor

Ejuke, Akpoguma, Bonke

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Give it 1-2yrs, na rinse and repeat to find another foreign coach until they kingdom come. Nigeria is no Giant!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Salisu is probably the first coach to truly give Local players a chance outside Keshi. Kudos to him!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Onyedika
Ejaria
Nwobodo
Bright Osei Samuel
Yira Sor

Ejuke, Akpoguma, Bonke

You don't even know how to select good players. As long as they play in Europe and they can dribble that is good enough for you :rotf:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Rawlings wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 pm Confusion and Chaos - The hallmark of a once-proud country
:clap: :clap: :clap: A good conspectus of the larger society. :agree:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:22 pm

This comment is in VERY poor taste.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?