SE number one OKOYE leads team in celebration

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE number one OKOYE leads team in cerebration

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
That was his fault? :rotf:
If you play for a poor team, how much can a goalkeeper really do to keep the goals out?
Why is the England no 1 shipping goals and fighting relegation? Because he's useless? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you are the one being disingenuous here.
If Okoye was as poor as you consistently claim I don't think Watford would have signed him so early ahead of next season. I am sure they did not expect to be relegated at the time.
So why did they sign him when they did? There were no other choices?

Mace04, its pretty obvious you have no love for Okoye. It shows in your every post. Just accept it.
Watford was in the relegation zone pretty much all season and were just signing useless players one after another, so it’s not as surprising that they signed Okoye and also not surprising what happened to them and that he’ll be playing at his ‘level’ next season lol. I lost all love for the bobo when I noticed the hypocrisy in supporting him. I haven’t seen as many people support Uzohos after his mistake, but for some reason (I know why - esp with us Africans) this guy gets so much support and others are blamed for not making up for his shortcomings. It’s like they feel the need to protect one, while others are free game…why???
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When that red mist descends (I really don't know why it should, but it is what it is), you adopt a 'scorched earth policy and everyone with an opposing view is fair game.
So you are now 'using' style' to insinuate that I am one of those that did not support Uzoho after his mistake?
Can't you just take your time and check first before you start throwing tantrums which have no basis?
FYI, I am sure that if you do a count of the 'column inches' dedicated to lambasting Okoye vs Uzoho, there is no comparison. Uzoho got off lightly and there was very little hate sent his way, relatively.

But that's not surprising. Shebi he was supposed to be the best 'unused' thing since Enyeama, after Okoye's AFCON howler. So his fans simply zipped it when it was obvious he too could make basic and very costly mistakes. Prior to that, it was solely Okoye's preserve apparently. Uzoho coild never make such a mistake. For you to even suggest Uzoho got it worse than Okoye is simply dishonest. Your insinuations wrt "us Africans' supporting Okoye are unfortunate. I am actually shocked. But make we leave that one.

I think you are too old to expend your vexation on an innocent young player simply because he has support from fans that might be biased in his favour. Thats got nothing to do with him has it? This is why I've said you are not objective when it comes to him and you have just confirmed it. I don't know what your beef is, but it shouldn't be with a young, developing player that is only doing what he is being asked to do - represent his country.

I only hope you'll have it within you to eat humble pie when the young man proves you wrong.
Don't worry, it wont be long now.
Sunset has posted quite a number of videos of him at his club making the most basic of mistakes and getting scored comical goals, but you are still here peddling the lie that he’s been great at his club. To what end exactly? And immediately putting down Adeleye who I’m sure you’ve never watched, again why is this so automatic?
And by the way, I don't "peddle lies". Maybe you do but don't put it on me bro. The obvious lie youve just made is to accuse me of "putting down Adeleye". Where? When? Show me! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
By accusing me of lying you are actually the one doing the lying. I don't even know what's biting you so much that you've lost all decorum on this matter. Na so e dey vex you? :shock: :shock: :shock:

This here is a subtle reminder from the Watford website on why they signed him,
Accolades Achieved
Sparta Rotterdam secured eighth place in the Eredivisie last season, having only been promoted to the Netherlands’ first division in 2019. This qualified Okoye’s side for the European play-off places in the Dutch top tier, and the Nigeria goalkeeper was presented with the club’s Player of the Year award. As well as his club achievement, Okoye was also named in the league’s team of the year.
Its all lies, right? They are recycling Damunk's "lies".
You can rubbish the facts as much as you want, but its all on record for those interested.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
If you play for a poor team, how much can a goalkeeper really do to keep the goals out?
Why is the England no 1 shipping goals and fighting relegation? Because he's useless? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If Okoye was as poor as you consistently claim I don't think Watford would have signed him so early ahead of next season. I am sure they did not expect to be relegated at the time.

Mace04, its pretty obvious you have no love for Okoye. It shows in your every post. Just accept it.
Watford was in the relegation zone pretty much all season and were just signing useless players one after another, so it’s not as surprising that they signed Okoye and also not surprising what happened to them and that he’ll be playing at his ‘level’ next season lol. I lost all love for the bobo when I noticed the hypocrisy in supporting him. I haven’t seen as many people support Uzohos after his mistake, but for some reason (I know why - esp with us Africans) this guy gets so much support and others are blamed for not making up for his shortcomings. It’s like they feel the need to protect one, while others are free game…why???
When that red mist descends (I really don't know why it should, but it is what it is), you adopt a 'scorched earth policy and everyone with an opposing view is fair game.
So you are now 'using' style' to insinuate that I am one of those that did not support Uzoho after his mistake?
Can't you just take your time and check first before you start throwing tantrums which have no basis?
FYI, I am sure that if you do a count of the 'column inches' dedicated to lambasting Okoye vs Uzoho, there is no comparison. Uzoho got off lightly and there was very little hate sent his way, relatively.

But that's not surprising. Shebi he was supposed to be the best 'unused' thing since Enyeama, after Okoye's AFCON howler. So his fans simply zipped it when it was obvious he too could make basic and very costly mistakes. Prior to that, it was solely Okoye's preserve apparently. Uzoho coild never make such a mistake. For you to even suggest Uzoho got it worse than Okoye is simply dishonest. Your insinuations wrt "us Africans' supporting Okoye are unfortunate. I am actually shocked. But make we leave that one.

I think you are too old to expend your vexation on an innocent young player simply because he has support from fans that might be biased in his favour. Thats got nothing to do with him has it? This is why I've said you are not objective when it comes to him and you have just confirmed it. I don't know what your beef is, but it shouldn't be with a young, developing player that is only doing what he is being asked to do - represent his country.

I only hope you'll have it within you to eat humble pie when the young man proves you wrong.
Sunset has posted quite a number of videos of him at his club making the most basic of mistakes and getting scored comical goals, but you are still here peddling the lie that he’s been great at his club. To what end exactly? And immediately putting down Adeleye who I’m sure you’ve never watched, again why is this so automatic?
And by the way, I don't "peddle lies". Maybe you do but don't put it on me bro. The obvious lie youve just made is to accuse me of "putting down Adeleye". Where? When? Show me! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
By accusing me of lying you are actually the one doing the lying. I don't even know what's biting you so much that you've lost all decorum on this matter. Na so e dey vex you? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Accolades Achieved
Sparta Rotterdam secured eighth place in the Eredivisie last season, having only been promoted to the Netherlands’ first division in 2019. This qualified Okoye’s side for the European play-off places in the Dutch top tier, and the Nigeria goalkeeper was presented with the club’s Player of the Year award. As well as his club achievement, Okoye was also named in the league’s team of the year.
You can rubbish the facts as much as you want, but its all on record for those interested.
Bruh, being the best at a rubbish team doesn’t mean you are good…let that sink in. He has to show he can be good at a better team, however going from the Dutch league to the championship is nowhere near a step up and is not the best for SE…

I don’t have it out for him per say (what does that even mean, how can my typing on CE affect anything he does?) and I will be glad to eat any humble pie he serves as that would mean he’s improving and our SE is better off for it. I just want us to be balanced on the forum and call a spade a spade.

I supported Uzoho because he had never made an error like that. Of course anyone can make an error, but in picking a player you go by their antecedents and he hadn’t made such a blunder before while we can post videos (often blatantly ignored) of multiple weird errors Okoyes has made in GWG. So based on that I would have banked more on Uzoho. Now he’s made that error, we can now add that into our deciding equation.

Now, if you are shocked by my insinuation of how Africans treat ‘others’ better than those that look like them (guess how shocked I was when I first went to Nigeria and witnessed it), how shocked do you think Uzoho feels as he’s been effectively dropped immediately after his error, while the coaches, crew everyone stood by Okoye, said he’s still number one, mistakes happen blah blah, immediately invited him for the next games….how’s that for equal treatment…I guess that doesn’t shock you because…well….
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:13 am
Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:34 am

Accolades Achieved
Bruh, being the best at a rubbish team doesn’t mean you are good…let that sink in. He has to show he can be good at a better team, however going from the Dutch league to the championship is nowhere near a step up and is not the best for SE…

I don’t have it out for him per say (what does that even mean, how can my typing on CE affect anything he does?) and I will be glad to eat any humble pie he serves as that would mean he’s improving and our SE is better off for it. I just want us to be balanced on the forum and call a spade a spade.

I supported Uzoho because he had never made an error like that. Of course anyone can make an error, but in picking a player you go by their antecedents and he hadn’t made such a blunder before while we can post videos (often blatantly ignored) of multiple weird errors Okoyes has made in GWG. So based on that I would have banked more on Uzoho. Now he’s made that error, we can now add that into our deciding equation.

Now, if you are shocked by my insinuation of how Africans treat ‘others’ better than those that look like them (guess how shocked I was when I first went to Nigeria and witnessed it), how shocked do you think Uzoho feels as he’s been effectively dropped immediately after his error, while the coaches, crew everyone stood by Okoye, said he’s still number one, mistakes happen blah blah, immediately invited him for the next games….how’s that for equal treatment…I guess that doesn’t shock you because…well….
We’ll, again, if you did a little research you will find that I’ve been totally against Uzoho being dropped. It’s right here on the forum….and very recently too. In fact, I think I was the first to say it when the list first came out and his name was missing.
Another generalization you are making - just like the Adeleye accusation - simply because we have a slight difference of opinion on some specifics. Here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308671&start=23

Going from Eredivisie to the Championship has nothing to do with Okoye. I’m sure when his transfer was announced in November last year he believed he was heading for the EPL, and so did Watford believe they’d stay up. That they failed is no indictment on him and no measure of his or the outgoing Ben Foster’s competence as goalkeepers as you are unfairly insinuating.
That’s just… disingenuous.

Finally, you might want to consider that the guy you hounded out of town was the guy that gave Uzoho his big break as an 18 year old and made him the nation’s number 1 by the time he was 19 at the World Cup.
Now you insinuate that there is a racial element to Okoye’s continued call up ahead of him and even preferential treatment by Nigerian coaches. I beg to disagree but that’s just my opinion. Uzoho hasn’t really justified being our no1 since his unfortunate injury even though he’s now fully healed. You can rubbish Okoye’s club form all you like but those that know better both at club and national level have made their decision.

One day we will look back and recognise that Okoye’s current national form is just a minor blip in the career of a young 22 year old keeper still learning his trade. I have no doubt.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm He was responding to MY post. Calm down. You are both on the same page in your no lost love for Okoye.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oh :laugh: Now it makes sense!

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm You can rubbish Okoye’s club form all you like but those that know better both at club and national level have made their decision.
One day we will look back and recognise that Okoye’s current national form is just a minor blip in the career of a young 22 year old keeper still learning his trade. I have no doubt.

About Okoye i have to disagree! As i saied, he made multiple mistakes, i remember matches vs Tunisia, Sierra Leona, Cape Verde, Ajax. But for unkown reasons he has never been dropped!
Uzoho made only one mistake against Ghana, and now he hasn't been named in the last squad!

Even if it wasn't for those mistakes i wouldn't choose Okoye as our n.1, as his skills are quite poor!
A 22 y.o. goalkeeper who can only push off the ball and still doesn't know anything about handling is embarassing, Watford made a bad choice to buy him imho.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:32 am
Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm He was responding to MY post. Calm down. You are both on the same page in your no lost love for Okoye.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:34 pm You can rubbish Okoye’s club form all you like but those that know better both at club and national level have made their decision.

About Okoye i have to disagree! As i saied, he made multiple mistakes, i remember matches vs Tunisia, Sierra Leona, Cape Verde, Ajax. But for unkown reasons he has never been dropped!
Uzoho made only one mistake against Ghana, and now he hasn't been named in the last squad!

Even if it wasn't for those mistakes i wouldn't choose Okoye as our n.1, as his skills are quite poor!
A 22 y.o. goalkeeper who can only push off the ball and still doesn't know anything about handling is embarassing, Watford made a bad choice to buy him imho.
We are on the same side bro, fact is Uzoho made one mistake and has been kicked to the curb. Damunk wants us to believe Okoye has earned his number 1 spot, despite his numerous mistakes. Uzoho hasn’t been given much of a chance since his injury but when he did get used (when Okoye was feeling big headed and undroppable, strolling to camp whenever he feels like), he did well but Okoye was still immediately reinstalled. The inequal treatment is quite clear…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it still does not explain why his mangers at club and country are keeping faith with him.
Why do you think that is?
Are they making a catastrophic mistake?
Is he bribing them?
Is he sleeping with them?
Or are they just clueless?
There has to be a reason why they do not seem to share your very strong opinion.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:39 pm Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it still does not explain why his mangers at club and country are keeping faith with him.
Is he bribing them?
There has to be a reason why they do not seem to share your very strong opinion.
I think that Watford decided to buy him in January 2022 because a 22 years old Goalkeeper with a great physique, who regularly plays in the Eredivisie looks very promising at a first sight!
They couldn't wait to see more of him or they could have risked that his price could have increased!
But if they had looked better and in these last Months they would have seen that he has some heavy lacks!

Anyway, if there is asort of reason for Watoford, there isn't any reason for keeping him as n1. of the Super Eagles!
Here it's only incompetence by who makes the squad!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 pm

We are on the same side bro, fact is Uzoho made one mistake and has been kicked to the curb. Damunk wants us to believe Okoye has earned his number 1 spot, despite his numerous mistakes. Uzoho hasn’t been given much of a chance since his injury but when he did get used (when Okoye was feeling big headed and undroppable, strolling to camp whenever he feels like), he did well but Okoye was still immediately reinstalled. The inequal treatment is quite clear… :D
I am sure I remember when such dubious claims were being made here against Enyeama during the time he was under fire from all manner of haters.
If I’m not mistaken, I think you were one of those who, with myself and a few others did not tolerate it and went head to toe with them.
You wouldn’t tolerate statements like you just made about Okoye back then about Enyeama, and rightly so.
But you are doing it now.
Just shows you have pitched your camp and your GPS has changed.

Okoye isn’t the way you are portraying him.

Unfortunately, CE will not forget. :D
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm I am sure I remember when such dubious claims were being made here against Enyeama during the time he was under fire from all manner of haters.
If I’m not mistaken, I think you were one of those who, with myself and a few others did not tolerate it and went head to toe with them.
You wouldn’t tolerate statements like you just made about Okoye back then about Enyeama, and rightly so.

Comparing Okoye to Enyeama isn't fair! They are on two very different levels!
If he criticised Enyama, the time proved that he was wrong.

But Okoye's lacks can't be ignored, Maceo and i are portraying him just as he is, it's the media who are overrating him imho.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:39 pm Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it still does not explain why his mangers at club and country are keeping faith with him.
Is he bribing them?
I think that Watford decided to buy him in January 2022 because a 22 years old Goalkeeper with a great physique, who regularly plays in the Eredivisie looks very promising at a first sight!
They couldn't wait to see more of him or they could have risked that his price could have increased!
But if they had looked better and in these last Months they would have seen that he has some heavy lacks!

Anyway, if there is asort of reason for Watoford, there isn't any reason for keeping him as n1. of the Super Eagles!
Here it's only incompetence by who makes the squad!
So they’ve made a huge mistake.
Now you are on record and we will revisit. :D
It’s all good though. This is why we are here, to exchange views.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm I am sure I remember when such dubious claims were being made here against Enyeama during the time he was under fire from all manner of haters.

But Okoye's lacks can't be ignored, Maceo and i are portraying him just as he is, it's the media who are overrating him imho.
Uh-uh. Mba.
Don’t misquote me.
I am not comparing them as GKs. That would be unfair.

I am saying that maceo4 has just made some disparaging remarks against Okoye’s person which are similar to what was being said about Enyeama’s person. Nothing to do with goalkeeping.
We both defended Enyeama at the time because it was all coming from a bad place, even though the accusers believed what they were saying.
Things like attitude, arrogance etc.
Now Maceo4 is doing the same thing.
Idonbilivit. :rotf:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Goalkeeping is not an exact science, as it depends on how the defense functions.
Putting the best goalie in the world, behind an un-disciplined defense is never an
assurance for goals not being conceded.
Again, the longer we keep watching matches with our hearts, overhyping players,
and continuing to ignore the crucial effects of team discipline, we will continue on
the same miserable path we currently find ourselves.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:46 pm
pindal123 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 pm

Uh-uh. Mba.
Don’t misquote me.
I am not comparing them as GKs. That would be unfair.

I am saying that maceo4 has just made some disparaging remarks against Okoye’s person which are similar to what was being said about Enyeama’s person. Nothing to do with goalkeeping.
We both defended Enyeama at the time because it was all coming from a bad place, even though the accusers believed what they were saying.
Things like attitude, arrogance etc.
Now Maceo4 is doing the same thing.
Idonbilivit. :rotf:
What are you going on about, even **** castigated him and dropped him for not being serious…what does this have to do with a legend like Enyeama? This is a player with barely how many caps having to have his behavior checked by the coach in public…

Stop trying to change the topic or move goal posts, the point is even after Uzoho did well in his place he was simply discarded, you say he hasn’t done enough to regain number 1 slot since his injury but they simply haven’t given him fair chances and seems Okoye is just always given the benefit of the doubt even when he makes mistakes, but mistakes by others means the end of the road…
“He did one training session this morning in the gym. Then he will do another training session this afternoon.”

“I spoke with him. He knows that it is not good. They were trying to have a good flight for him to come early, he missed it.

“They have to learn to be really serious when they come to the national team,” Rohr added.

"Everybody believes that it will be an easy victory, it's not an easy match, and when players are arriving late like this, it is not helping us when we say we have to be serious," Rohr told the media at his press conference.

Okoye is yet to keep a clean sheet for Sparta Rotterdam this season :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Okoye is out. I think he may have retired
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Each time I read the heading of this thread, it is bad to the eyes. Can the mods please change the word 'cerebration'?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Israel based Adeyele called up by Peseiro to replace Okoye according to owngoal.