SE number one OKOYE leads team in celebration

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE number one OKOYE leads team in celebration

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE number one OKOYE leads team in cerebration

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I’m too Dey fight relegation? :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 am I’m too Dey fight relegation? :shock:
Huh? He joined a perennial relegation team, he’s fought relegation every season he’s been there and then now joined relegated Watford. So you don’t even know this and you were yarning dust the other day about Vince who always played for teams that were top contenders in their league, from Enyimba where he won multiple trophies, same at Hapoel in Israel then to a top team in France. Okoye was at Monchengladbach since he was 10 years old and never once played a senior first team match ever in Germany before **** gave him his chance leading to this useless Sparta team picking him up…this is his level, for SEs sake I pray he can grow past it…he shouldn’t have anything hindering him since he’s a German product…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Remind me again who England number 1 is and the position of his club on the table?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Remind me again who England number 1 is and the position of his club on the table?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

lacidi wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:34 pm Remind me again who England number 1 is and the position of his club on the table?
Everton is not getting relegated. Besides, England fans have been trying to replace him with Pope, Henderson or Ramsey after last season.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE number one OKOYE leads team in celebration

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 pm
lacidi wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:34 pm Remind me again who England number 1 is and the position of his club on the table?
Everton is not getting relegated. Besides, England fans have been trying to replace him with Pope, Henderson or Ramsey after last season.
Why focus on the club? A player can be very good while the club is piss. Not so?
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:02 pm
Why focus on the club? A player can be very good while the club is piss. Not so?
Also Everton are not perennial relegation fighters…just had a poor season..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:40 pm
Mace

The infatuation with clubs is way too much. The club gives you an idea of the quality of the player but it is always an incomplete insight. A better insight, particularly for African players who do not exactly seek out the top clubs, is the individual ability of the player.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:42 am
Mace

The infatuation with clubs is way too much. The club gives you an idea of the quality of the player but it is always an incomplete insight. A better insight, particularly for African players who do not exactly seek out the top clubs, is the individual ability of the player.
I know what you mean, but case doesn’t apply to all our players o, Okoye is German and came through the German system…just saying…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

True but the fact that it applies to some means that we really should de-emphasize the focus on what level of football these guys play in. Take the Akpoguma playing in the Bundsesliga who was called up by Rohr but had problems in the few games in which he played. While his case may just be requiring time to adjust to African football and its physicality and pace, it is important that Nigeria does not suddenly think it is England or Germany where one can simply focus on those playing in Big 5. We just do not have those pedigree of players. Even some of our players playing in Big 5 are not regulars. For me, simply invite players up and let them vie for positions in training and no deference to whether a guy is playing in THIS or THAT league.
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:14 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:42 am
Mace

I know what you mean, but case doesn’t apply to all our players o, Okoye is German and came through the German system…just saying…
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

And which club does Pope play for? Pray, this Henderson guy how many 1st team appearances does he have this season?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

He is celebrating relegation? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

jette1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CdbqNBMArbB ... MyMTA2M2Y=

SE future is bright with okoye
:rotf: Is our future bright like against Tunisia?

Okoye is very overrated imho! His handling is very poor, he can't block the ball, that means he totally lacks of confidence!
Maybe with his phisique he can be good for the penality kicks but not during the match!

I would bet on Adebayo Adeleye more than on him!
I also prefer Uzoho than Okoye, he just needs to find a proper club team where he can play regularly in a decent League!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:33 am
jette1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CdbqNBMArbB ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Okoye is very overrated imho! His handling is very poor, he can't block the ball, that means he totally lacks of confidence!
Maybe with his phisique he can be good for the penality kicks but not during the match!

I also prefer Uzoho than Okoye, he just needs to find a proper club team where he can play regularly in a decent League!
Have you considered there might be a reason he hasn't found a "proper club"?
A bit like Alampasu.

I think in assessing a goalkeeper, you can't readily dismiss club form because in the few games he has played for the national team, he has made a few mistakes. So what do you put his club form down to? Luck? :rotf:
A goalkeeper doesn't directly feed off the good form of his teammates, unlike can happen with outfield players.
So if he is good for his club, he cant be "useless" because of a handful of national team games.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am Have you considered there might be a reason he hasn't found a "proper club"?
A bit like Alampasu.

I think in assessing a goalkeeper, you can't readily dismiss club form because in the few games he has played for the national team, he has made a few mistakes. So what do you put his club form down to? Luck? :rotf:
A goalkeeper doesn't directly feed off the good form of his teammates, unlike can happen with outfield players.
So if he is good for his club, he cant be "useless" because of a handful of national team games.
Uzoho hasn't found a proper club because he suffered knee injury in 2019 and stayed injured for a long period!
His mistake against Ghana was because he doesn't play regularly in his club!

Okoye 's mistakes is not just a game, it has become a trend!
It happened also with his club! Just watch the game against Ajax!
For Super Eagles there are many mistakes i can mention: Tunisia , Sierra Leone, Cape Verde!
Also the fact he doesn't block any ball but always tries to push it off is embaraassing!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am

A bit like Alampasu.

What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
I didn't say club "form" , i saied club "team"! I mean he needs to find a proper team in a proper league that suit him!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

pindal123 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:05 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am Have you considered there might be a reason he hasn't found a "proper club"?
A bit like Alampasu.

Uzoho hasn't found a proper club because he suffered knee injury in 2019 and stayed injured for a long period!
His mistake against Ghana was because he doesn't play regularly in his club!

Okoye 's mistakes is not just a game, it has become a trend!
It happened also with his club! Just watch the game against Ajax!
For Super Eagles there are many mistakes i can mention: Tunisia , Sierra Leone, Cape Verde!
Also the fact he doesn't block any ball but always tries to push it off is embaraassing!
What's the difference between the goal scored by Cape Verde and the one Liverpool scored against Southampton yesterday?
And please what was Okoye's error in the Sierra Leone match?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm

A bit like Alampasu.

What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
That was his fault? :rotf:
If you play for a poor team, how much can a goalkeeper really do to keep the goals out?
Why is the England no 1 shipping goals and fighting relegation? Because he's useless? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you are the one being disingenuous here.
If Okoye was as poor as you consistently claim I don't think Watford would have signed him so early ahead of next season. I am sure they did not expect to be relegated at the time.
So why did they sign him when they did? There were no other choices?

Mace04, its pretty obvious you have no love for Okoye. It shows in your every post. Just accept it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:15 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm What club form? His team was in the bottom of the league and shipping goals. It’s also disingenuous to not acknowledge why it would be easier for a German GK to find a club in Europe over an African one, and simply attribute it to lack of ability.
I didn't say club "form" , i saied club "team"! I mean he needs to find a proper team in a proper league that suit him!
He was responding to MY post. Calm down. You are both on the same page in your no lost love for Okoye.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 am I’m too Dey fight relegation? :shock:
That's the life of a Naija Player
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 pm

A bit like Alampasu.

That was his fault? :rotf:
If you play for a poor team, how much can a goalkeeper really do to keep the goals out?
Why is the England no 1 shipping goals and fighting relegation? Because he's useless? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think you are the one being disingenuous here.
If Okoye was as poor as you consistently claim I don't think Watford would have signed him so early ahead of next season. I am sure they did not expect to be relegated at the time.
So why did they sign him when they did? There were no other choices?

Mace04, its pretty obvious you have no love for Okoye. It shows in your every post. Just accept it.
Watford was in the relegation zone pretty much all season and were just signing useless players one after another, so it’s not as surprising that they signed Okoye and also not surprising what happened to them and that he’ll be playing at his ‘level’ next season lol. I lost all love for the bobo when I noticed the hypocrisy in supporting him. I haven’t seen as many people support Uzohos after his mistake, but for some reason (I know why - esp with us Africans) this guy gets so much support and others are blamed for not making up for his shortcomings. It’s like they feel the need to protect one, while others are free game…why???

Sunset has posted quite a number of videos of him at his club making the most basic of mistakes and getting scored comical goals, but you are still here peddling the lie that he’s been great at his club. To what end exactly? And immediately putting down Adeleye who I’m sure you’ve never watched, again why is this so automatic?
Super Eagus 4 Life!