Osimhen staying at Napoli

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Osimhen staying at Napoli

Post by Synopsis »

Arsenal transfer target Victor Osimhen said he hopes to stay at Napoli and improve under manager Luciano Spalletti.

Osimhen’s impressive form at Napoli this season has seen him linked with several top clubs in the Premier League, while Spalletti’s future with the Partenopei is also in doubt after a banner demanding the coach leave was raised outside the club’s stadium.

However, Nigeria forward Osimhen said he hopes both he and the ex-Inter coach stay at Napoli.

“Spalletti is a top manager and, along with his staff, they really helped me to improve my movement,” Osimhen told Radio Kiss Kiss. “I hope to stay a continue on this road with the manager in the next few years.”

Napoli came close to maintaining a title challenge this season and, even with seven matches remaining, appeared to be the form team among those fighting for the Scudetto.

However, they won none of their next three matches to fall away. But earlier in the season lost Osimhen for two months with a fractured cheekbone and the 23-year-old’s absence also helped derail their campaign.

“For a few months now, I’ve felt completely fine,” Osimhen said when asked about his injury. “The doctors tell me I can even go on the pitch without a mask.

“I want to end the season as well as possible and can promise fans we will fight for the Scudetto next season.”

Osimhen has scored 13 goals in 24 Serie A appearances for Napoli this campaign.

https://football-italia.net/arsenal-tar ... letti/amp/
Last edited by Synopsis on Thu May 12, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Osimhen staying at Napoli

Post by Synopsis »

Hopefully he’ll be Napoli’s primary penalty kick taker since Insigne is going to Toronto.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Synopsis wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 pm Hopefully he’ll be Napoli’s primary penalty kick taker since Insigne is going to Toronto.
That will be a good development.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The man dey fia EPL
He knows he'll be exposed
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rawlings wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:45 pm The man dey fia EPL
Sharap there this fake Benin man :evil:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:17 pm
Sharap there this fake Benin man :evil:
Update yourself: Edo
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You're just jealous. BS are busy trying to pick up scraps in the EPL by luring NketIa and Lamptey to save them from embarassment in Qatar. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:14 am
You're just jealous. BS are busy trying to pick up scraps in the EPL by luring NketIa and Lamptey to save them from embarassment in Qatar. :laugh:
Look, even our first trip to the world cup did not end in embarrassment. we made it out of the group.
NketIa and Lamptey are mercenaries
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 am
Look, even our first trip to the world cup did not end in embarrassment. we made it out of the group.
You will face the dagger in Qatar. No amount of kenke stacking will save u from the inevitable thrashings coming your way. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:35 am
Rawlings wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 am
You will face the dagger in Qatar. No amount of kenke stacking will save u from the inevitable thrashings coming your way. :laugh:
My prayer is tha Ghana does not disgrace Africa in Qater because that their team is nothing to write hone about!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:35 am You will face the dagger in Qatar. No amount of kenke stacking will save u from the inevitable thrashings coming your way. :laugh:
Mr "Coming to America"
Know what?
I believe we will win it this time...with the support & blessings of our cousins in Naija (except you)
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

gochino wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:33 pm My prayer is tha Ghana does not disgrace Africa in Qater because that their team is nothing to write hone about!
Oga
When have we ever disgraced Africa at the world cup?
  • 4-1 loss against a third-tier Denmark team?
  • Yugoslavia 9-0 Zaire (DR Congo)?
  • Brazil 1-7 Germany?
At our last world cup, even with all our issues with player payments, we were the only team to hold the eventual world champions, Germany, to a draw