Shake up in SE coaching: Finidi now head coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Shake up in SE coaching: Finidi now head coach

Post by oyek »

According to owngoalnigeria, there's been a shake up in the coaching setup of the SE, Salisu has been demoted to 2nd assistant, while Finidi is the first assistant to the foreign coach coming onboard.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/05/ ... chan-team/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Shake up in SE coaching: Finidi now head coach

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Confusion don skatta dem. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Maybe it's a good thing we aren't going to Qatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oyek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 pm According to owngoalnigeria, there's been a shake up in the coaching setup of the SE, Salisu has been demoted to 2nd assistant, while Finidi is the first assistant to the foreign coach coming onboard.

Kai, if this is TRUE then something big may have occurred: an order from proverbial 'above' or a stringent inside debate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:41 pm
oyek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 pm According to owngoalnigeria, there's been a shake up in the coaching setup of the SE, Salisu has been demoted to 2nd assistant, while Finidi is the first assistant to the foreign coach coming onboard.

Kai, if this is TRUE then something big may have occurred: an order from proverbial 'above' or a stringent inside debate.

By now the sponsors don pick race for the NFF and there's no money to pay a FC $35k a month. After all the shakara, the Ministry of Sports is dead broke. They're so broke they withdrew Nigeria from all basketball competitions for 2 yrs over some fake crisis.

What to do now? They have no credibility after record failures at Afcon and wcq. The current head coach is corrupt but they need to somehow find a way to look serious as though they have a plan.

In comes Finidi George! He's just about the only serious Nigerian left that can do the job and will get paid in Naira and get paid close to nothing. They will use Finidi for a few months and leave him hanging on their way out. He then be in the same category as Eguavoen, siasia , Amokachi and Emenike. Tried but fell short.

Thas it and that's all.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So does this mean Finidi will be the coach against Mexico?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

They should just make Finidi Coach and call it a day.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:46 am So does this mean Finidi will be the coach against Mexico?
Onku, let's try to help u solve this puzzle.

a, Nff set up friendlies in the US
,b, Nff announced on Monday that a new coach will be named by Thurs.
C, Nff announced Finidi as coach on Friday.
d, No further updates were given regarding a FC.

Question

Onku, who is the new coach of SE?

a, Pep Guardiola
b, Rohr
C, Finidi George
d, None of the above.

:sneaky: :tic:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

what is wrong with u people?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Truth of the matter is that African nations are slowly riding of foreign coaches. Nigeria is confused at the moment
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:59 am Truth of the matter is that African nations are slowly riding of foreign coaches. Nigeria is confused at the moment
Getting rid of foreign coaches is easy.
Just sack them. You’ll be an instant hero.
The question is who do you replace them with?
If you didn’t think of that, you become an instant idiyott.
Eguavon. Amuneke. Finidi…

A country of 200m famed for it it’s high achievers all over the world and we’re already running out of options in the coaching department.
I blame Pinnick and the NFF… :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:17 am
highbury wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:59 am Truth of the matter is that African nations are slowly riding of foreign coaches. Nigeria is confused at the moment

A country of 200m famed for it it’s high achievers all over the world and we’re already running out of options in the coaching department.
I rather we fail on our own terms. Let these coaches learn from failure. Nigerian problems require Nigerian solutions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

A back and forth as to whether NFF has hired Peseiro or if the Sports ministry rejected.

It is clear to me the sports ministry does not want another foreign coach and are trying to stall for time. These are the same crooks who stopped the NFF from appointing Peseiro and WE LOST A WC SPOT because of it.

I am guessing that our problems are not even so much the NFF, but the Sports Ministry is the bigger culprit, and they may be the ones negatively influencing our SE. I am sure the 8 homebased callups were enforced by the Ministry.

The NFF according to Owngoal is calling the bluff of the ministry and are suggesting Peseiro lead the team in America. Ministry probably wants a local coach to prosecute the matches.

God help us.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:02 pm A back and forth as to whether NFF has hired Peseiro or if the Sports ministry rejected.

It is clear to me the sports ministry does not want another foreign coach and are trying to stall for time. These are the same crooks who stopped the NFF from appointing Peseiro and WE LOST A WC SPOT because of it.

I am guessing that our problems are not even so much the NFF, but the Sports Ministry is the bigger culprit, and they may be the ones negatively influencing our SE. I am sure the 8 homebased callups were enforced by the Ministry.

The NFF according to Owngoal is calling the bluff of the ministry and are suggesting Peseiro lead the team in America. Ministry probably wants a local coach to prosecute the matches.

God help us.
NFF have clearly won this one, the sports minister can't dicate to NFF on appointment of national coaches or we face the risk of a fifa sanction
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:56 pm

I rather we fail on our own terms. Let these coaches learn from failure. Nigerian problems require Nigerian solutions.
Highbury.
That's just sentiment. But its okay.
All of us are hurting from our recent failures.

You can convince yourself its no biggie, but some of us would rather shelve our egos and not live at rock bottom just to prove a point as we are doing now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/05/ ... -chan-team
In reality, what difference does it make? The final decisions will still be made by the team manager (Peseiros)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WELL...

...how long have I been saying that they should win with a Nigerian coach or lose with one?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:17 pm

Highbury.
That's just sentiment. But its okay.
All of us are hurting from our recent failures.

You can convince yourself its no biggie, but some of us would rather shelve our egos and not live at rock bottom just to prove a point as we are doing now.

YOUR POST IMPLIES THAT...

...with a Nigerian coach they lose but they win with a foreign coach.
Amodu & Keshi would beg to differ.
Bell