Jose Pesserio - Welcome to the SE family

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jose Pesserio - Welcome to the SE family

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Owmgoal is reporting that Pesseiro has included Bonke and Moffi to the US friendly squad. Sadiq is expected to miss the trip. .
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

ahidjo2 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:44 pm
gochino wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:39 am
ahidjo2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:17 pm
highbury wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 pm Dumb Africans wanting a White man to fix their problems. :rotf: :rotf: Abeg Passero or whatever your name is, just chop as your predecessors have done. Hopefully, you chop belle full. These dumb Africans are not ready to get sense. Dey be the mugus. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oga, the problem with Africa and Africans is that they have refused to allow people with better managerial competence to handle their affairs. As harsh as it may sound, the so called "whites" that you are mischievously maligning have shown to be more competent managers and organizers in all areas of life, all around the world. That is why their countries work. Concerning the SE, you call people dumb but you ignorantly refuse to use facts and statistics to support your claims. Let's look at some facts that you are avoiding or ignorant of. Every time that Nigeria failed to qualify for either AFCON or the world cup since 1994, a local coach was in charge. Let's take a look:
2006 World cup - local Coach
2012 AFCON -local coach
2015 AFCON - local coach
2017 AFCON - local coach
2022 World cup - local coach

So what is your point? Every progressive country works with facts and data, not emotions. Therefore, looking at the above statistics, there will be no basis to make a claim for a local coach as a better alternative to expatriate coaches.
Good, how many of them were interim coaches? Which ones started the project from beginging to end? When last did a foreign coach win anything for us? Almost 30 yrs ago!
You can provide those statistics that you are interested in. For now, I was focusing on our non-qualification for major events in the past 30 years. And it's about the coaches at those times. There is no reference to causations or obvious or latent reasons for these numbers. If you are interested in providing further numbers on an interim/ not interim, those that started or finished, please provide. If I was interested in those, I would have provided those numbers. This is just descriptive Stats on our failures to qualify and the coaches that made those happen irrespective of real or imagined reasons.
Then your stats don't make sense!
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:37 pm
Now we talking, hopefully he's in charge of these two friendlies, lets see what this bottom barrel coach has to offer.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:41 pm
Now we talking, hopefully he's in charge of these two friendlies, lets see what this bottom barrel coach has to offer.

Botom barrel? SE are nit exactly a top team are they?
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:38 pm

And how does that invalidate what I said? And it’s bottom with two t’s :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

at least the guy understands the pride and history of Nigerian football. Or at least does a good job of pretending to understand.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Goalgetter wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:56 pm at least the guy understands the pride and history of Nigerian football. Or at least does a good job of pretending to understand.
Definitely so. Any Relationship is recursive; at least acknowledge his verbalized gestures and something real can take hold from there.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:48 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oyinbo na Oyinbo
Bigpokey24, please what do you mean?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:48 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oyinbo na Oyinbo
Bigpokey24, please what do you mean?
i support the SE , and I support pesero 100%. I am already liking his vibe. I expect us to be very entertaining going forward. as i said we are going to win an AFCON before the WC in the States. God willing . However i hope all out home games are moved back to The nest of Champions
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:05 am Hope he came with an interpreter

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeCtYcnu3s ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Why? Eguavepn speaks perfect English but we still DNQ . Surprisingly, quite a few of our most successful coaches didn’t speak good English. Most Nigerians also do not speak good English. As long as he speaks football we’ll be fine. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:18 am

Why? Eguavepn speaks perfect English but we still DNQ . Surprisingly, quite a few of our most successful coaches didn’t speak good English. Most Nigerians also do not speak good English. As long as he speaks football we’ll be fine. :thumb:
Huh? He still has to communicate his ideas to the players, I don’t think his broken English would work for the innit boys, it was almost like pulling teeth. So hopefully someone can translate and allow him to speak in his native tongue like Mourinho used to do for Bobby Robson in Barcelona…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Over 200 million Nigerians, from all states and ethnicities....
Unless Peseiro is a secret scholar of sports sociology and Nigerian political science it is more likely this is the work of some "forcing-guys" elite trying (and succeeding so far) to puppeteer this man. Very bad sign if he'll allow unserious people to speak in his name.

Talking loud and saying nothing tweet, uncut hopium.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:29 am

Huh? He still has to communicate his ideas to the players, I don’t think his broken English would work for the innit boys, it was almost like pulling teeth. So hopefully someone can translate and allow him to speak in his native tongue like Mourinho used to do for Bobby Robson in Barcelona…
Nah.
From this clip his English is good. Shouldn’t even need an interpreter on the field. If anything, the ‘innit’ boys as you call them are more exposed to ‘European’ pidgin than our local boys. They hear it on the streets and even on their various club training grounds every day.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Damunk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:07 am
maceo4 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:29 am

Nah.
From this clip his English is good. Shouldn’t even need an interpreter on the field. If anything, the ‘innit’ boys as you call them are more exposed to ‘European’ pidgin than our local boys. They hear it on the streets and even on their various club training grounds every day.
Kpom. This coach is saying the right things so far. I like the ambition and respect he is showing even if he eventually ends up under-delivering.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He actually comes across as likeable.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:27 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:38 pm

And how does that invalidate what I said? And it’s bottom with two t’s :taunt:
Common guyz, be nice! Lets give them a chance :thumb:
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

The guy Peseiro is talking about winning the AFCON in Ivory Coast. This is a tournament that will take place barely 6-months after his appointment. That’s the right mindset there. When you talk like this your players buy into that and the rest will be history. Rhor would never talk about winning anything - and that showed in his players.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 am The guy Peseiro is talking about winning the AFCON in Ivory Coast. This is a tournament that will take place barely 6-months after his appointment. That’s the right mindset there. When you talk like this your players buy into that and the rest will be history. Rhor would never talk about winning anything - and that showed in his players.
We must stay humble, we don't have players likes Sallah, Mane, We don't have players in the UCL etc.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:00 am
Goalgetter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 am The guy Peseiro is talking about winning the AFCON in Ivory Coast. This is a tournament that will take place barely 6-months after his appointment. That’s the right mindset there. When you talk like this your players buy into that and the rest will be history. Rhor would never talk about winning anything - and that showed in his players.
We must stay humble, we don't have players likes Sallah, Mane, We don't have players in the UCL etc.
And we have to go there and learn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:11 am
fabio wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:00 am
And we have to go there and learn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I forgot the learning part :woot:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim