WAFU B U20 FINAL: NIGERIA 3 v BENIN REP 1 (88')

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
WAFU B U20 FINAL: NIGERIA 3 v BENIN REP 1 (88')

Post by Gotti »

Coverage ended at the 88th min, with FE leading 3-1...
All things being equal, CM Daniel Daga seems destined to go places.

French language video can be viewed here...
https://elevensports.com/view/event/cl3 ... dp7jrcj5mk
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WAFU B U20 FINAL: NIGERIA 3 v BENIN REP 1 (88')

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gotti wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 pm Coverage ended at the 88th min, with FE leading 3-1...

Is he a box to box or AM?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:27 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:19 pm Coverage ended at the 88th min, with FE leading 3-1...

I think he's a b2b, top player
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 pm

I think he's a b2b, top player
Daga from what ive seen is a CM. Dude is a very good passer and he reads the game well. Reminds me of one Mikel Obi. I wont be suprised if he makes his super eagles debut within a year. Lord knows we are missing a midfielder with his skillset in the SEs.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If we prepare well and Bosso aka Bozo selects the right players and not give in to sentiments I think this FE set can do some serious damage in the U20 AFCON and World cup next year. These boys aside from Uncle Ibrahim Yahaya look genuine young.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:50 pm If we prepare well and Bosso aka Bozo selects the right players and not give in to sentiments I think this FE set can do some serious damage in the U20 AFCON and World cup next year. These boys aside from Uncle Ibrahim Yahaya look genuine young.
That's the guy in the team with the gorimapa head right? Man that dude looks older than Ohsee and 1naija put together.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:54 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:50 pm If we prepare well and Bosso aka Bozo selects the right players and not give in to sentiments I think this FE set can do some serious damage in the U20 AFCON and World cup next year. These boys aside from Uncle Ibrahim Yahaya look genuine young.
That's the guy in the team with the gorimapa head right? Man that dude looks older than Ohsee and 1naija put together.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yea that guy. I dont know why he went and barber his head gorrimapka. It made him look way older.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

If he gets to Europe he will be converted to a DM or be condemned to lower division ball. Mark this thread.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:39 am

If he gets to Europe he will be converted to a DM or be condemned to lower division ball. Mark this thread.
He has actually played more as a DM than anything in this tournament but is probably more suited as a Box to box
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I still notice our continuing gra-gra/Championship football.
Why can't we at the youth stage start instilling the quick pass and positioning
in our game? I see too many lingering on the ball and taking on too many opponents
instead of finding an open teammate. Also, too many rash tackles, resulting in fouls
that could accumulate quickly and cause ejections.
Honestly, if this team continues playing the way they have shown against teams that can
keep possession and space things out, they will not go far on the world stage.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

joao wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 am I still notice our continuing gra-gra/Championship football.
in our game? I see too many lingering on the ball and taking on too many opponents
instead of finding an open teammate. Also, too many rash tackles, resulting in fouls
Honestly, if this team continues playing the way they have shown against teams that can
Abeg I think your reaction is an overreach, yes I do agree to some extent that some of the typical flaws you highlighted were still evident in the team and fundamentals of the game were still lacking for the team, but I think I stand in the majority when I say the positives of the team outweighed whatever flaws they have...remember this is a new core of players so team chemistry will take some time and that's the whole point of the U20 AFCON tournament, the team will have just enough time to bond and work on some of its lapses. These boys played some exciting attacking football throughout the tournament, and if you truly followed the games you will definitely agree that your assertions are grossly exaggerated cause they did play some eye pleasing football sometimes with good passing and positional awareness from the players on and off the ball especially in the attacking phase...it was just the finishing that was really poor, and to some extent the defense as well...overall this was a much improved youth team from the one Ladan Bosso put out in previous tournament.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:42 am
joao wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:49 am I still notice our continuing gra-gra/Championship football.
Abeg I think your reaction is an overreach, yes I do agree to some extent that some of the typical flaws you highlighted were still evident in the team and fundamentals of the game were still lacking for the team, but I think I stand in the majority when I say the positives of the team outweighed whatever flaws they have...remember this is a new core of players so team chemistry will take some time and that's the whole point of the U20 AFCON tournament, the team will have just enough time to bond and work on some of its lapses. These boys played some exciting attacking football throughout the tournament, and if you truly followed the games you will definitely agree that your assertions are grossly exaggerated cause they did play some eye pleasing football sometimes with good passing and positional awareness from the players on and off the ball especially in the attacking phase...it was just the finishing that was really poor, and to some extent the defense as well...overall this was a much improved youth team from the one Ladan Bosso put out in previous tournament.
I clearly understand where Joao is coming from. And he's not being negative but factual. This team is highly talented but still tactically inept, infact all the teams in this tournament are. They are exciting going forward but defensively ....? Hopefully, as the team is still new this hopefully would be addressed in the coming AFCON before the world cup because i'm quite certain they will qualify. But at the World Cup stage, to really make the impact required alot must be done to improve our tactical play, like keeping our shape out of possession etc, otherwise we will only beat teams like Qatar, New Zealand etc but when we jam the South American's, France, Germany, Spain it will be curtains. The team has potential but a lot depends on the coaching they will receive in the coming months.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Adisboy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:04 pmI clearly understand where Joao is coming from. And he's not being negative but factual. This team is highly talented but still tactically inept, infact all the teams in this tournament are. They are exciting going forward but defensively ....? Hopefully, as the team is still new this hopefully would be addressed in the coming AFCON before the world cup because i'm quite certain they will qualify. But at the World Cup stage, to really make the impact required alot must be done to improve our tactical play, like keeping our shape out of possession etc, otherwise we will only beat teams like Qatar, New Zealand etc but when we jam the South American's, France, Germany, Spain it will be curtains. The team has potential but a lot depends on the coaching they will receive in the coming months.
Typical Naija mentality, desperately seeking the negative out of anything positive... :D

This team was assembled about barely a little over TWO WEEKS before the tournament. The players started to assemble for the FIRST-TIME EVER on April 18 for a tournament that started on May 7. By way of comparison, a team like Ghana's Black Satellites was assembled in 2021 and has been playing friendly games ever since - while the NFF was pissing around trying to figure out which coaches to appoint for the various national teams!

The "genius" of coaching is to best handle your circumstances and best utilize your assets. Accordingly, if the coaches had to rely a bit more on so-called gra gra or the individual skills of player or adopt to the physicality of African football (against Burkina Faso, the FE players were kicked black-and-blue in the second half), then KUDOS TO THE COACHES - JOB WELL DONE!! Barely 5 weeks after appointment (on April 14), they won a major regional championship!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:42 amAbeg I think your reaction is an overreach, yes I do agree to some extent that some of the typical flaws you highlighted were still evident in the team and fundamentals of the game were still lacking for the team, but I think I stand in the majority when I say the positives of the team outweighed whatever flaws they have...remember this is a new core of players so team chemistry will take some time and that's the whole point of the U20 AFCON tournament, the team will have just enough time to bond and work on some of its lapses. These boys played some exciting attacking football throughout the tournament, and if you truly followed the games you will definitely agree that your assertions are grossly exaggerated cause they did play some eye pleasing football sometimes with good passing and positional awareness from the players on and off the ball especially in the attacking phase...it was just the finishing that was really poor, and to some extent the defense as well...overall this was a much improved youth team from the one Ladan Bosso put out in previous tournament.
On this limited point, I disagree...
The pitch was poor and thus a limitation, but the fundamentals were NOT lacking.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Few weeks after promotion from an academy and with only 3 first team appearances for an NNL side, 16 year old Daniel Daga becomes our best player and vice captain at U20. How?

https://www.igulafrica.com/fc-one-rocke ... 0-call-up/
FC ONE Rockets Promising Midfielder Daga Daniel Gets Under 20 Call Up

By Bethel Kalu - April 20, 2022

Just a couple of weeks after promotion from Carabana Football Academy, the nursery for Nigeria National League side FC ONE Rockets, midfielder Daga Daniel has gotten a late call up to link up with the National Under 20 team by head coach Ladan Bosso.

The youngster has been a revelation for FC ONE Rockets and has been trusted by coach Emmanuel King – starting the team’s last three games: a 1-0 away loss to Sporting Lagos FC, a 1-0 home win against Nnewi United and last weekend’s 1-1 draw at Warri Wolves.

The Benue-born star is a good passer of the ball, can make amazing runs and dribbles, and has a good shooting power.

Daga turns 17 later this year and will be hoping to break into the Flying Eagles team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Fake penalty and fake red card given in favour of Nigeria. Terrible officiating. I feel for the Benin boys.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Gotti wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:52 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:04 pmI clearly understand where Joao is coming from. And he's not being negative but factual. This team is highly talented but still tactically inept, infact all the teams in this tournament are. They are exciting going forward but defensively ....? Hopefully, as the team is still new this hopefully would be addressed in the coming AFCON before the world cup because i'm quite certain they will qualify. But at the World Cup stage, to really make the impact required alot must be done to improve our tactical play, like keeping our shape out of possession etc, otherwise we will only beat teams like Qatar, New Zealand etc but when we jam the South American's, France, Germany, Spain it will be curtains. The team has potential but a lot depends on the coaching they will receive in the coming months.
Typical Naija mentality, desperately seeking the negative out of anything positive... :D

This team was assembled about barely a little over TWO WEEKS before the tournament. The players started to assemble for the FIRST-TIME EVER on April 18 for a tournament that started on May 7. By way of comparison, a team like Ghana's Black Satellites was assembled in 2021 and has been playing friendly games ever since - while the NFF was pissing around trying to figure out which coaches to appoint for the various national teams!

The "genius" of coaching is to best handle your circumstances and best utilize your assets. Accordingly, if the coaches had to rely a bit more on so-called gra gra or the individual skills of player or adopt to the physicality of African football (against Burkina Faso, the FE players were kicked black-and-blue in the second half), then KUDOS TO THE COACHES - JOB WELL DONE!! Barely 5 weeks after appointment (on April 14), they won a major regional championship!
My goodness! The effect of cable TV ! Everything must be like the EPL top 5, whereas the majority of English clubs don't even play like the top 5 (shout out to Burnsley, Norwich, and Ipswich Town!). Our team is decent.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I did not intend to be negative, but to express what I saw lacking in the team tactically.
In today's world game, it is the so-called little things that separate winners and losers.
Again, I see a team that is mentally strong but not tactically so. Maybe it is the fact that
the players have not been together for long, but I still believe there has to be a coordinated
approach with regards to the team's prosecutions on the field during a match. Yes, we overcame
the oppositions, but 'tactical team discipline' is not what pulled us through. And that is what
I believe needs to be taken seriously going forward.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

We say the same things we said 20 years ago about our lack patience, judgement & spatial utilization etc etc
And we have more academies in Nigeria than ever before with kids enrolled from as young as age 8 yet we still display this type of chaotic unmeasured style of play. We get away with this in Africa until we meet likes of France and even US who will waste no time exploiting our madness
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm We say the same things we said 20 years ago about our lack patience, judgement & spatial utilization etc etc
And we have more academies in Nigeria than ever before with kids enrolled from as young as age 8 yet we still display this type of chaotic unmeasured style of play. We get away with this in Africa until we meet likes of France and even US who will waste no time exploiting our madness
Exactly how many times has France and the US exploited our “madness”? The last time I checked, Nigeria was still the winningest team in the whole world at the U17 level❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:30 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm We say the same things we said 20 years ago about our lack patience, judgement & spatial utilization etc etc
Exactly how many times has France and the US exploited our “madness”? The last time I checked, Nigeria was still the winningest team in the whole world at the U17 level❗️

Cheers.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:57 pm

Cheers.
SINCE YOU ASKED

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:57 pm

Cheers.
SINCE YOU ASKED