My SE back 4

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
My SE back 4

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i do not have a goalie yet , still searching
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pindal123
Egg
Egg
Re: My SE back 4

Post by pindal123 »

Replace Balogun with Ajayi and i can agree!
Sanusi-Bassey-Ajayi-Aina would be a solid defence!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Chei

Bigpokey is making sense.

I go play lottery today
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

pindal123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 pm Replace Balogun with Ajayi and i can agree!
Balogun has been one of our best players for a while plus he provides organisation and leadership from rhe back. I would definitely pick Balogun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Balogun and Bassey play the same LCB position though…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:41 pm Balogun and Bassey play the same LCB position though…
Is it that essential that they both must play LCB and one cannot play RCB ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We need to start picking our team with an eye on the future and a goal in mind. Qualifying for Afcon is the most immediate goal,raising a team with the highest ceiling for Afcon that'll be playing well together by the time Afvon starts. By the time the WC qualifiers rolsl around , the team should be playing its best game.

With that in mind our back 4 should be.

Osayi- Samuel * Awaziem * Bassey* Zaidu
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:37 pm We need to start picking our team with an eye on the future and a goal in mind. Qualifying for Afcon is the most immediate goal,raising a team with the highest ceiling for Afcon that'll be playing well together by the time Afvon starts. By the time the WC qualifiers rolsl around , the team should be playing its best game.

Solid backline and looks more like our future defence...I'll throw Olisa Ndah and Valentine Ozonwafor into the mix as well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 pm Replace Balogun with Ajayi and i can agree!
You have a lot more faith in Ajayi than I have.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:15 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:37 pm We need to start picking our team with an eye on the future and a goal in mind. Qualifying for Afcon is the most immediate goal,raising a team with the highest ceiling for Afcon that'll be playing well together by the time Afvon starts. By the time the WC qualifiers rolsl around , the team should be playing its best game.

Solid backline and looks more like our future defence...I'll throw Olisa Ndah and Valentine Ozonwafor into the mix as well.
Ndah Is in the mix for sure, not sure about Ozowanfor yet. To get a different result we have to go a different direction. 3/4 of VE’s backline started at Afcon, we got all we can outa them. They were good but I don’t see them taking us to the next level. We’re currently a 2nd tier African team, we need a team that can be a top tier team by the time WC 26 qualifiers start.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:19 pm
You have a lot more faith in Ajayi than I have.
Ajayi has peaked. Only London cybers think he’s SE quality. I just don’t see him getting better unless he goes to a better team, then again he was at a better team and ended up in West Brom but haven’t improved.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:54 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:41 pm Balogun and Bassey play the same LCB position though…
Uh yea…is this a real question??? Is it essential to play a RB at RB and cannot play LB??? Have you ever seen Balogun and Bassey partnering up in CD at club?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

gochino wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:34 pm Balogun has been one of our best players for a while plus he provides organisation and leadership from the back. I would definitely pick Balogun.
Balogun isn't anymore a full starter at Rangers because he has been suprassed by Bassey. You consider Balogun as he was few tears ago, but you should realize that he is 33 years old now and can't handle rythms of his teammates.

Ajayi, on the contrary, has done so well this season for West Bromwich Albion that his coach Steven Bruce described him as his best player.
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:54 pm
It's a big advantage to play with a left footed cb on the left side and a right footed cb on the right side. This allows you to have to players who are preferably comfortable when defending but also even more importantly passing. You should watch more football matches to understand this.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ajayi was average at CB also. He was better than Calvin Bassey in the SE, but he is average. We keep Ekong until someone better steps up.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:10 pm Ajayi was average at CB also. He was better than Calvin Bassey in the SE, but he is average. We keep Ekong until someone better steps up.
1naija

You have come again oo! How many times have you watched Bassey in SE colors to reach this conclusion?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Twice. Same number of times i have watched Ajayi.

Mind you, i am not saying Bassey should not be in the SE. I am saying the CBs we have are better based on how the Ghanaian players were blowing past h
Im.
Enugu II wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:25 pm
1naija wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:10 pm Ajayi was average at CB also. He was better than Calvin Bassey in the SE, but he is average. We keep Ekong until someone better steps up.
1naija

You have come again oo! How many times have you watched Bassey in SE colors to reach this conclusion?
Last edited by 1naija on Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Akpoguma nko?
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Awaziem has to start IMO, and I think our best bet is to try a back 3
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:20 pmAkpoguma nko?
We need him too but he might have issues with us. A back 3 of Akpoguma/Awazien / Bassey looks good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Ajayi has done better in Premier League and Championship than Ekong did, in particular this year where Troost-Ekong always sat on the bench.
For SE Ajayi hasn't played much, but i can remeber his last match in the AFCON where he was quite solid.

Sunset wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:39 pm Awaziem has to start IMO, and I think our best bet is to try a back 3
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:47 pm We need him too but he might have issues with us. A back 3 of Akpoguma/Awazien / Bassey looks good.
Our best back line should be with 4 players. Awaziem could be picked, but considered his last season at Alanyaspor i would pick Ajayi and Ndah before him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The EPL is not the SE. Just ask Denis and Lookman if you don't believe me.
pindal123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:23 pm
Ajayi has done better in Premier League and Championship than Ekong did, in particular this year where Troost-Ekong always sat on the bench.
For SE Ajayi hasn't played much, but i can remeber his last match in the AFCON where he was quite solid.

Sunset wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:39 pm Awaziem has to start IMO, and I think our best bet is to try a back 3
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:47 pm We need him too but he might have issues with us. A back 3 of Akpoguma/Awazien / Bassey looks good.
Our best back line should be with 4 players. Awaziem could be picked, but considered his last season at Alanyaspor i would pick Ajayi and Ndah before him.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

1naija wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:56 pm The EPL is not the SE. Just ask Denis and Lookman if you don't believe me.
Players get called in the national team basing on their performances in their club teams. That’s a habit that applies everywhere.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And who is saying any player should not invited to the national team?
pindal123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:04 pm
1naija wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:56 pm The EPL is not the SE. Just ask Denis and Lookman if you don't believe me.
Players get called in the national team basing on their performances in their club teams. That’s a habit that applies everywhere.