I'm hearing Maduka Okoye has retired from the team?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I'm hearing Maduka Okoye has retired from the team?

Post by Tobi17 »

Unconfirmed yet but if it's true, then that's sad cause it shows he can't deal with the pressure of being a professional footballer...I wish him all the best.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I'm hearing Maduka Okoye has retired from the team?

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:18 pm Unconfirmed yet but if it's true, then that's sad cause it shows he can't deal with the pressure of being a professional footballer...I wish him all the best.
Where did you hear it?
Own goal?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:18 pm Unconfirmed yet but if it's true, then that's sad cause it shows he can't deal with the pressure of being a professional footballer...I wish him all the best.
Where did you hear it?
Own goal?
No, various sources on twitter collaborated it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:24 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm
Where did you hear it?
Own goal?
No, various sources on twitter collaborated it
if it is true, then I’m pretty sure there will turn out to be some unfortunate revelations that have forced the decision.
He doesn’t strike me as a lad that just gives up after a disappointment.
And I’d also expect him to be courteous enough to make an official announcement.

Let’s wait and see...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Shebi you were all abusing him for the error v Tunisia abi? Then you got Uzoho who also committed an error and has also been abused and banished from the team. Meanwhile, not a single goal was scored in the 3 games both keepers made the mistakes. Heeehn, now is the time to go after the Adeleke midget in Israel that y’all been touting. Now you need his agility and so called shot stopping ability. Also, all the Local goalies who supposedly deserve a fair chance will get it.

Okoye is smart. He has realized that Nigerians are unrealistic and ungrateful. Good move by the boy to focus on his career and leave Nigeria to continue to lose.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Used us, launched his struggling career then dumps us? I hope this isn’t true, he wasn’t making any real headway in Germany until **** rescued him, he owes Nigeria a lot! Haba…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:41 pm
Shebi you were all abusing him for the error v Tunisia abi? Then you got Uzoho who also committed an error and has also been abused and banished from the team. Meanwhile, not a single goal was scored in the 3 games both keepers made the mistakes. Heeehn, now is the time to go after the Adeleke midget in Israel that y’all been touting. Now you need his agility and so called shot stopping ability. Also, all the Local goalies who supposedly deserve a fair chance will get it.

Okoye is smart. He has realized that Nigerians are unrealistic and ungrateful. Good move by the boy to focus on his career and leave Nigeria to continue to lose.
You just made about zero sense, what a dumb post. Would Okoye be anything without Nigeria? He’s been in German clubs since age of 10, barely making the required headway…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm Used us, launched his struggling career then dumps us? I hope this isn’t true, he wasn’t making any real headway in Germany until **** rescued him, he owes Nigeria a lot! Haba…
Baba, you know Tobi is known for carrying fake news!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:44 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:41 pm

You just made about zero sense, what a dumb post. Would Okoye be anything without Nigeria? He’s been in German clubs since age of 10, barely making the required headway…

Your head has obviously vacated your body. Okoye wouldn’t be anything without Nigeria? Really? What does he owe Nigeria? Lifetime of servitude under abusive conditions? See, that’s why the whole country is stuck in a rot. Emotional and irrational thinking. Because he was out of contract when was invited means he would’ve retired into farming? Nattin spoil na…. Let Pesseiro go find another struggling goalie in Europe and give him a chance, It’s that easy. Worst case, shebi u be goalie too naw, abi. Go fight for shirt.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm Used us, launched his struggling career then dumps us? I hope this isn’t true, he wasn’t making any real headway in Germany until **** rescued him, he owes Nigeria a lot! Haba…
False narrative…as usual.
What type of ‘headway’ is an 18/19 year old goalkeeper expected to have already made in professional football?
What were Ederson, Neuer, De Gea or Alisson doing at that age? Not much different I suspect.
They all have different paths.
Let’s not even begin to mention black keepers in Europe…
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:41 pm Shebi you were all abusing him for the error v Tunisia abi? Then you got Uzoho who also committed an error and has also been abused and banished from the team. Meanwhile, not a single goal was scored in the 3 games both keepers made the mistakes. Heeehn, now is the time to go after the Adeleke midget in Israel that y’all been touting. Now you need his agility and so called shot stopping ability. Also, all the Local goalies who supposedly deserve a fair chance will get it.

Pleasae stop describing Okoye as a martyr!
I don' t think that he refused the call up because people were abusing for his mistakes! There are of course other reasons that we will discover in the future!
And the Uzoho case is very different: he was really dropped from the team beacuse he committed that error. Unlike Okoye it wasn't his choice to not be in the squad!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

pindal123 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:22 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:41 pm Shebi you were all abusing him for the error v Tunisia abi? Then you got Uzoho who also committed an error and has also been abused and banished from the team. Meanwhile, not a single goal was scored in the 3 games both keepers made the mistakes. Heeehn, now is the time to go after the Adeleke midget in Israel that y’all been touting. Now you need his agility and so called shot stopping ability. Also, all the Local goalies who supposedly deserve a fair chance will get it.

Pleasae stop describing Okoye as a martyr!
I don' t think that he refused the call up because people were abusing for his mistakes! There are of course other reasons that we will discover in the future!
And the Uzoho case is very different: he was really dropped from the team beacuse he committed that error. Unlike Okoye it wasn't his choice to not be in the squad!
Pesseiro has already called Adeleye. Just hope he doesn’t make any mistakes otherwise Maceo might get a call.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I am surprised you would dignify such infantile and ridiculous comments with a response.
Quite rich, coming from someone who was one of the lead protagonists in deriding and blaming the young man for conceding the goal against Tunisia, yet has the temerity to turn around and play the victim, with his 'he used us' BS story.

The hypocrisy of it all is no comments regarding the likes of Osimhen, Dennis and Sadiq who pulled out from the trip, citing a long season. Okoye also deserves a hard earned rest, after a long and tough season fighting relegation. But its Okoye's matter that they chose to harp on.
Damunk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:09 pm
What type of ‘headway’ is an 18/19 year old goalkeeper expected to have already made in professional football?
What were Ederson, Neuer, De Gea or Alisson doing at that age? Not much different I suspect.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Talk about false narratives and how we go about ranting in absolute adjectives - worst,
biggest, dumbest, etc. Realism has never being our forte, but overhyping or destructive
commentaries. If it's true the lad quit the team, then why not. What have we the fans done for him?

At least the lad can say he tried to contribute, unlike the 'know nothing, do nothing,
contribute nothing', ITKs who are mere fair whether fans, who 'bleat' the most when
the SE wins, and complain the loudest when the team doesn't. Whatever his decision,
I respect it, and will always wish him the best.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 pm I am surprised you would dignify such infantile and ridiculous comments with a response.
Quite rich, coming from someone who was one of the lead protagonists in deriding and blaming the young man for conceding the goal against Tunisia, yet has the temerity to turn around and play the victim, with his 'he used us' BS story.

The hypocrisy of it all is no comments regarding the likes of Osimhen, Dennis and Sadiq who pulled out from the trip, citing a long season. Okoye also deserves a hard earned rest, after a long and tough season fighting relegation. But its Okoye's matter that they chose to harp on.
What are you even talking about? Has any of them said they are retiring? At least know what the topic is before making idiotic statements…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They were way further ahead than Okoye and yet weren’t getting picked by any NT at that point. He got picked to the NT without once playing senior footie at club level….SE has done more for him and his career than he’s done for Nigeria that is for sure…actually I should say **** and the German connection…probably why he didn’t take the SE selection serious and had to get a public earful and dropping…his poor attitude has been on display before so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did indeed quit…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:25 pm
They were way further ahead than Okoye and yet weren’t getting picked by any NT at that point. He got picked to the NT without once playing senior footie at club level….SE has done more for him and his career than he’s done for Nigeria that is for sure…actually I should say **** and the German connection…probably why he didn’t take the SE selection serious and had to get a public earful and dropping…his poor attitude has been on display before so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did indeed quit…
Move on and leave the boy alone. Shebi u b keeper. Go fight for shirt naw. Time for u to contribute to Niajaria. Okoye will take his talents to watford and fight for shirt dia.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:42 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:25 pm
Move on and leave the boy alone. Shebi u b keeper. Go fight for shirt naw. Time for u to contribute to Niajaria. Okoye will take his talents to watford and fight for shirt dia.
I’m just stating facts, I’m sorry if it bothers you, I will move on….mschew
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Nigeria’s first choice goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye have once again, withdrawn from the Super Eagles upcoming matches slated for end of May and early June.

The Watford FC of England safe-hand have been asked to be excluded from the 30-man Super Eagles list to face Mexico and Ecuador

Okoye who is set to link up with his new Watford teammates who have been demoted to the English Championship, last week guided his team, Sparta Rotterdam out of relegation in the Netherlands Eredivisie

According to reports, Okoye have communicated to the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, that he won’t be available for the two friendly matches.

Full news: https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/again-m ... s-matches/
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I think we are reading too much into this. Maduka Okoye is not the first nor is he the only first teamer who has withdrawn from these friendlies. In fact, in my view, he may have a more legitimate reason to withdraw than some of the others who have withdrawn. Consider the fact that he will be changing club and changing homes. That is not an easy thing to do in-between seasons. That is just my tuppence. More over, the first two international friendlies gives Nigeria the opportunity to look at other options in goal.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:04 am I think we are reading too much into this. Maduka Okoye is not the first nor is he the only first teamer who has withdrawn from these friendlies. In fact, in my view, he may have a more legitimate reason to withdraw than some of the others who have withdrawn. Consider the fact that he will be changing club and changing homes. That is not an easy thing to do in-between seasons. That is just my tuppence. More over, the first two international friendlies gives Nigeria the opportunity to look at other options in goal.
But the discussion is about retirement rumors, he’s well within his rights to withdraw from these useless friendlies esp after a long hard season, I actually expected way more Euro based players to do the same…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:23 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:04 am I think we are reading too much into this. Maduka Okoye is not the first nor is he the only first teamer who has withdrawn from these friendlies. In fact, in my view, he may have a more legitimate reason to withdraw than some of the others who have withdrawn. Consider the fact that he will be changing club and changing homes. That is not an easy thing to do in-between seasons. That is just my tuppence. More over, the first two international friendlies gives Nigeria the opportunity to look at other options in goal.
But the discussion is about retirement rumors, he’s well within his rights to withdraw from these useless friendlies esp after a long hard season, I actually expected way more Euro based players to do the same…
Maceo,

Has he indicated that he is retiring? As far as I am aware, he has not. Why should we dwell on unfounded rumors? In my view, it really should be addressed if there is substance to that story. Right now, he has only withdrawn from these internationals just like many of his colleagues have done. Soon, we would read that many players have withdrawn because they are unhappy with how the NFF treated Gernot Rohr or that they are unhappy that they were not consulted in the hiring of a new Manager. :rotf: .
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the 'story' (or more precisely, rumor) of Okoye's NT retirement is the real false narrative...

Nonetheless, I 100% TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Replace Okoye and Rohr, with a similarly-placed local lad and IC, and you would struggle to hear any of this "hypocrisy", "false narrative" or "he contributed his quota" drivel over loquacious proclamations of corruption, agency, etc. And the only reference to any quota would be charges of ethnic (or home-based) quota. SMDH

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL