I'm hearing Maduka Okoye has retired from the team?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: I'm hearing Maduka Okoye has retired from the team?

Post by Otitokoro »

For someone who has been on this forum for over 15 yrs, one would have expected that you would be more measured and mature in commenting, and not make a crass statement like that.

Quoting and interview he gave with Transfermarkt.de, dated May 21, 2022...
Maduka Okoye on the "burst dream" of the World Cup and the apartment search

So Okoye will have to wait for the Premier League – as well as for the dream of participating in the World Cup. The "Super Eagles" failed in qualifying against Ghana with national coach Otto Addo, who recently spoke in detail about his work and the tournament in Qatar in a TM interview .

The ex-Düsseldorfer remains realistic and optimistic, as is so often the case when you ask him about his future career: "Unfortunately, the World Cup dream has burst for now. But if I calculate correctly, I can still qualify for at least three world championships with the team given my age. That's why I don't stress about it at all. It's a shame, of course, because it's a huge opportunity that you're missing out on. But I don't see that as a problem, but as a reason to work even harder because it wasn't enough now. I am very sure that we will do it again.”
Maduka's family at the Sparta last game of the season vs. Heracles (15 May) with his Mom, brother and family friends watching him and repping Naija.
In the coming weeks Okoye will first have to find an apartment or a house in London. After the emotional farewell to Sparta Rotterdam, he wanted to tackle this as soon as possible: "So that I can start the preparations with Watford in peace."

Where is the evidence that he retired from the NT? The folly on your part was furthering a baseless statement like that.
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:23 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 pm I am surprised you would dignify such infantile and ridiculous comments with a response.
Quite rich, coming from someone who was one of the lead protagonists in deriding and blaming the young man for conceding the goal against Tunisia, yet has the temerity to turn around and play the victim, with his 'he used us' BS story.

The hypocrisy of it all is no comments regarding the likes of Osimhen, Dennis and Sadiq who pulled out from the trip, citing a long season. Okoye also deserves a hard earned rest, after a long and tough season fighting relegation. But its Okoye's matter that they chose to harp on.
Damunk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:09 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm Used us, launched his struggling career then dumps us? I hope this isn’t true, he wasn’t making any real headway in Germany until **** rescued him, he owes Nigeria a lot! Haba…
False narrative…as usual.
What type of ‘headway’ is an 18/19 year old goalkeeper expected to have already made in professional football?
What were Ederson, Neuer, De Gea or Alisson doing at that age? Not much different I suspect.
They all have different paths.
Let’s not even begin to mention black keepers in Europe…
What are you even talking about? Has any of them said they are retiring? At least know what the topic is before making idiotic statements…
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

He is a long way off from being good enough to be the SE #1. it's a good idea for him to focus on club football now and get better.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have warned you guys about tobi and fake news. My goodness look at how yall kept going on and on without researching or verifying the fake news. This is called intellectual laziness.

I do not get how some of yall reasons. The dude is moving to another Country. I guess he shouldn't first focus on settling and getting used this new logistics etc.. but trust Tobi and co to go on tweeter and tweet fake news and then try so hard to turn CE into nairaland
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:51 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm Used us, launched his struggling career then dumps us? I hope this isn’t true, he wasn’t making any real headway in Germany until **** rescued him, he owes Nigeria a lot! Haba…
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the 'story' (or more precisely, rumor) of Okoye's NT retirement is the real false narrative...

Nonetheless, I 100% TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Replace Okoye and Rohr, with a similarly-placed local lad and IC, and you would struggle to hear any of this "hypocrisy", "false narrative" or "he contributed his quota" drivel over loquacious proclamations of corruption, agency, etc. And the only reference to any quota would be charges of ethnic (or home-based) quota. SMDH

Mr Loquacious don come again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:30 am I think the 'story' (or more precisely, rumor) of Okoye's NT retirement is the real false narrative...
It' s just a withdrew from some friendlies, but rumors untruthfully talk about retiment from the naitonal team!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

You are hearing he has retired? Hearing from who?
You just open a thread to peddle what you conceived in your heart. There's no news anywhere saying anything regarding retirement.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am
Damunk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:30 am I think the 'story' (or more precisely, rumor) of Okoye's NT retirement is the real false narrative...
It' s just a withdrew from some friendlies, but rumors untruthfully talk about retiment from the naitonal team!
No, I didn't write that. Uncle Gotti did. I'm not blessed with such loquaciousness. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who should then be No. 1?
Orion wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:27 am He is a long way off from being good enough to be the SE #1. it's a good idea for him to focus on club football now and get better.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Okoye has a shoulder injury that he wants to rehab.

Much ado about nothing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shouldn't this thread be locked? Shocking a mod like damunk refused to lock this thread..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Slow Toad Tobi has done it again!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I do think Maduka's silence is a PR mistake.

He needs to make a comment reassuring of his commitment to the SE. His silence is allowing for nonsense and innuendos as we have seen here to continue to proliferate the discussions surrounding him.

He can help himself immensely by saying something.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Should Ndidi, Iheanacho, and Osimhen also make statements reassuring their commitment to the SE also?
Ugbowo wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:13 pm I do think Maduka's silence is a PR mistake.

He needs to make a comment reassuring of his commitment to the SE. His silence is allowing for nonsense and innuendos as we have seen here to continue to proliferate the discussions surrounding him.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

1naija wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:16 pm Should Ndidi, Iheanacho, and Osimhen also make statements reassuring their commitment to the SE also?
Ugbowo wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:13 pm I do think Maduka's silence is a PR mistake.

Are there any rumors surrounding their retirements?

Bros, no be me you go dey troll na. Let's have a serious conversation.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm No, I didn't write that. Uncle Gotti did. I'm not blessed with such loquaciousness. :taunt:
Ok, but I never saied that you wrote that! :)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...big deal out of nonsense, soon will garner pages.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Next up!!

He is overrated anyway.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I don't believe he should have, as it wouldn't have made a difference, especially to those who detest the guy (as evidenced by the ridiculous and shameful comments about the young man on this forum).

His silence is actually the mature approach, and has forced his detractors to stew in their misery. And may they continue to stew in their misery, as he continues to ascend to greater things in his career.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So is he or isn’t he retiring, so I can know how to properly “stew” abi jollof :rotf: :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm
pindal123 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:49 am
No, I didn't write that. Uncle Gotti did. I'm not blessed with such loquaciousness. :taunt:
Don't be too hard on yourself dude...
No-one is blessed with your Puckering-Up skills! :lol: :lol:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm

:clap: :clap:
Doubtful that he would have even been aware of such rumors...
Last edited by Gotti on Tue May 24, 2022 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL