Maduka Okoye targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Maduka Okoye targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Post by iworo »

German-born star targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

The three-time African champions will not be at this year’s edition of the Mundial after falling to Ghana’s Black Stars in the final qualifying round

Watford-bound goalkeeper Maduka Okoye has expressed his sadness at not helping Nigeria qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup to be hosted by Qatar later in the year.

Okoye says it is a shame and a dream gone burst that the Super Eagles failed to pick one of the African qualifying tickets to the Mundial.

After finishing top of their World Cup qualifying group, Nigeria were edged 1-1 on aggregate by eternal rivals Ghana in the final playoffs.

Okoye, though, remains optimistic that Nigeria will bounce back from the disappointment.

The Düsseldorf-born shot-stopper reveals that he draws courage and motivation from knowing that age is on his side and could still help the 2013 Afcon kings make it to the next three World Cups before he hangs his gloves.

“Unfortunately, the World Cup dream has burst for now,” Okoye told Transfermarkt.

“But if I calculate correctly, I can still qualify for at least three world championships with the team given my age. That’s why I don’t stress about it at all.

“It’s a shame, of course, because it’s a huge opportunity that you’re missing out on. But I don’t see that as a problem, but as a reason to work even harder because it wasn’t enough now.

“I am very sure that we will do it again.”

Okoye, Nigeria’s number one goalkeeper, has spent the last two seasons at Sparta Rotterdam, helping the Eredivisie side avoid relegation on both occasions.

The 22-year-old will, however, join Watford on July 1, having signed a five-year contract with the Hornets in January.

https://soccernet.ng/2022/05/german-bor ... agles.html
Last edited by iworo on Mon May 23, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Madura Okoye targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 am German-born star targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

The three-time African champions will not be at this year’s edition of the Mundial after falling to Ghana’s Black Stars in the final qualifying round

Watford-bound goalkeeper Maduka Okoye has expressed his sadness at not helping Nigeria qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup to be hosted by Qatar later in the year.

Okoye says it is a shame and a dream gone burst that the Super Eagles failed to pick one of the African qualifying tickets to the Mundial.

After finishing top of their World Cup qualifying group, Nigeria were edged 1-1 on aggregate by eternal rivals Ghana in the final playoffs.

Okoye, though, remains optimistic that Nigeria will bounce back from the disappointment.

The Düsseldorf-born shot-stopper reveals that he draws courage and motivation from knowing that age is on his side and could still help the 2013 Afcon kings make it to the next three World Cups before he hangs his gloves.

“Unfortunately, the World Cup dream has burst for now,” Okoye told Transfermarkt.

“But if I calculate correctly, I can still qualify for at least three world championships with the team given my age. That’s why I don’t stress about it at all.

“It’s a shame, of course, because it’s a huge opportunity that you’re missing out on. But I don’t see that as a problem, but as a reason to work even harder because it wasn’t enough now.

Okoye, Nigeria’s number one goalkeeper, has spent the last two seasons at Sparta Rotterdam, helping the Eredivisie side avoid relegation on both occasions.

The 22-year-old will, however, join Watford on July 1, having signed a five-year contract with the Hornets in January.

Kpom to the guy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let all the haters chew dust. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 am German-born star targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Iworo

I take God beg you to correct the guy's name from Madura to Maduka. Na two different meanings be dat ooooo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Maduka Okoye targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:00 pm

Iworo

I take God beg you to correct the guy's name from Madura to Maduka. Na two different meanings be dat ooooo.
My bad.....that was a typo :). Corrected.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maduka Okoye targets three World Cups with Super Eagles

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Come on man. Bret Fart is not a hater. He is just an agent looking out for his client. A very very bad piss poor agent, but an agent nonetheless. :D
Damunk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 am

Kpom to the guy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let all the haters chew dust. :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.