NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NO CAMP NEWS ?

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:41 pm Isn't it Mexico that organized the friendlies for their WC preparation?
Sunset wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:05 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:20 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:45 am
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 am

So they should have waited till Thursday before leaving home. But guess why they landed early?
Lolly once in a while accept you are clueless. Mexico is next door to Texas. That's practically what 1naija is trying to tell you
And you think I don’t know where Mexico is and how far it is to Texas? You are really slow. :lol:

And since they are that close, why are they arriving so early when they could stroll across a day or two before the match? Please tell me.
Lolly

I hope it is clear that the games are NOT the most critical for Nigeria during this window. The two critical games are the ones to be played in Africa.
Only Nigerians believe preparation is not important. And friendlies after the shambles of these past few months is not critical? Same thing we did at AFCON not playing any friendlies before the tournament. Na Sidon look mode I dey.
Well that lies on our Football federation who for whatever reason wanted that AFCON to be postponed. If we were serious about preparation, these friendlies would've been played in the same country/continent we'll be playing our following competitive matches a week later in. The logistics makes very little sense.
Kpom! Mexico invited Nigeria and not the other way round. So why would Mexico invite Nigeria and then want the game in Africa? No way.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:33 pm

Are we one of the greatest football

nations ? :shock: chai.... I fear Pesseiro, he knows Nigerians like having smoke blown up their azz , boasting and mouthing off.

Abeg, some of us have been hia for a years. When we're we ever one of the greatest football nations? Even Keshi didn't claim that.

Anyway sha, tell me more. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There are 2 ways to understand the "one of the greatest football nations". The JB-less understands it to mean a world cup winning nation. The highly intelligent flosser understands it to mean a nation with huge number of football enthusiasts.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:25 am
Gotti wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:33 pm

Are we one of the greatest football

nations ? :shock: chai.... I fear Pesseiro, he knows Nigerians like having smoke blown up their azz , boasting and mouthing off.

Abeg, some of us have been hia for a years. When we're we ever one of the greatest football nations? Even Keshi didn't claim that.

Anyway sha, tell me more. :laugh:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Post by Damunk »

"One of the greatest football nations in the world"
Hmmm.
The guy has been reading the perennial whingers on Cybereagles. :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Peseiro and the coaching staffs conferring on SE playing style in the US

highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Look at the optics: master over slave. You can already see the segregation, whites one side, blacks one side. The day Nigeria will get good leaders, the day Nigeria's light will start to shine. Imagine in 2022, we are still having this archaic thing as a foreign coach. African leaders dumb sha
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am Look at the optics: master over slave. You can already see the segregation, whites one side, blacks one side. The day Nigeria will get good leaders, the day Nigeria's light will start to shine. Imagine in 2022, we are still having this archaic thing as a foreign coach. African leaders dumb sha
Highbury

It is a deep-seated psyche. It is embedded and it is mental. Think: why is it that Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal"
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 pm
highbury wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am Look at the optics: master over slave. You can already see the segregation, whites one side, blacks one side. The day Nigeria will get good leaders, the day Nigeria's light will start to shine. Imagine in 2022, we are still having this archaic thing as a foreign coach. African leaders dumb sha
Highbury

It is a deep-seated psyche. It is embedded and it is mental. Think: why is it that Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal"
Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
You need to deal with your psyche!
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Very similar here...
A few white teachers who reported in to a headmistress (Primary) and principal (Secondary).
Dammy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Calm your self down. There is nothing wrong with hiring a white or foreign FC. The problem is from leadership. Pinnick feels that anything foreign is better(deficit minded) and doesn’t give local coaches the necessary support & accommodations to succeed. With that said, we don’t have a good/trustworthy LC right now. Amuneke tainted his reputation by joining Eguavoen’s mess and Finidi is still a diamond in the rough. Finidi will come good but he is still not ready.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm
Highbury

Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
Thank you sir!

I find it strange reading comments on CE about Nigerians accepting the white man’s superiority. And I know it usually comes from our brothers living in the US.

As you said, whites have worked under Nigerians here from many years ago. My dad had foreigners work under him here and they used to come to our house regularly. The even looked up to us. So I don’t get where people get this idea from.

Any employer wants to recruit the best fit for a role they are filing. They have their criteria which outsiders are not privy to. Amaju has stated why he prefers a foreign coach. In his words, there are things he sees which others not close to the team don’t see. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to the conclusion of how he worships the white man. In this day and age? A beg.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You people must see black vs white in everything, the seating arrangement was just a simple message of Peseiro working directly with his Nigerian colleagues as Technical adviser, while the other foreign assistants are just working in a fringe capacity and won't be directly involved with the on-field demands of the job...no be everything una go paint with your racial mumbo-jumbo!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:42 pm Very similar here...
A few white teachers who reported in to a headmistress (Primary) and principal (Secondary).
Dammy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
Exactly the same with me and I know we didn't go to the same secondary school.
In fact, the two white teachers in my school were the butt of jokes, not only from the "mannerless" students, but even subtle jibes from the teachers.
I really find it hard to relate to some of this baggage being projected onto others.

Two sets of people sitting on opposite sides of the table and you automatically assume one side are the masters and the other 'slaves'.
Who decides? That's what could be termed 'intra-observer error'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I think you have to had grown up in the west to think Nigerians have an inferiority complex to Oyinbos. We really don’t. If anything, we over rate ourselves sometimes and fail to see our own flaws. But the thing we are famous of, all over the continent, is our sense of confidence and superiority over anyone else.

Naija no dey carry last.

What is clear though is that we like oyinbo to be our servant. That’s why NFF folks love foreign coaches. “I have a white man working for me”. As kids we always used to say “when I grow up, I want a White House Boy named Frank”.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Damunk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:06 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:42 pm Very similar here...
Exactly the same with me and I know we didn't go to the same secondary school.
In fact, the two white teachers in my school were the butt of jokes, not only from the "mannerless" students, but even subtle jibes from the teachers.
I really find it hard to relate to some of this baggage being projected onto others.

Two sets of people sitting on opposite sides of the table and you automatically assume one side are the masters and the other 'slaves'.
Who decides? That's what could be termed 'intra-observer error'. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bro, Bro, Bro,
I beg you got to calm down and stop misreading situations.
Have you ever been to meeting . Corporate meetings with your team ??? Especially meeting the other side for the first time, Real Estate Closing, School Meetings, etc
Do all of you mix together or each teams sit on opposite sides while sharing notes to discuss "whatever topics " and there after you can mix things up
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm
Highbury

Thank you sir!

I find it strange reading comments on CE about Nigerians accepting the white man’s superiority. And I know it usually comes from our brothers living in the US.

As you said, whites have worked under Nigerians here from many years ago. My dad had foreigners work under him here and they used to come to our house regularly. The even looked up to us. So I don’t get where people get this idea from.

Any employer wants to recruit the best fit for a role they are filing. They have their criteria which outsiders are not privy to. Amaju has stated why he prefers a foreign coach. In his words, there are things he sees which others not close to the team don’t see. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to the conclusion of how he worships the white man. In this day and age? A beg.
You guys are part of the crew that allows Pinnick get away with the nonsense he is doing with the Eagles.

I have stated here countless times that there is a clear divide between how most of you UK-influenced folks view race with how most of us in the US view race.

Pinnick does not get it nor does he get the bigger picture.

As for the seating arrangements, it also shows a lack of awareness on the part of the coach. You have to be mindful of diversity, inclusiveness, and equity... yes, even in seating arrangements. I know it is being pedantic but it does help to be mindful of it.

As for Pinnick, yes, he does worship anything foreign especially oyibo... his precedents affirm such.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I hope they discussed about how to get their salaries
Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:33 am Peseiro and the coaching staffs conferring on SE playing style in the US

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:16 pm I think you have to had grown up in the west to think Nigerians have an inferiority complex to Oyinbos. We really don’t. If anything, we over rate ourselves sometimes and fail to see our own flaws. But the thing we are famous of, all over the continent, is our sense of confidence and superiority over anyone else.

Naija no dey carry last.

What is clear though is that we like oyinbo to be our servant. That’s why NFF folks love foreign coaches. “I have a white man working for me”. As kids we always used to say “when I grow up, I want a White House Boy named Frank”.
This is all very interesting to read, esp as it doesn’t vibe with what I witnessed just last December? I’m an outsider looking in and what I saw was in the general public in Nigeria foreigners (esp non-blacks) were being treated way better than the locals. The few times I’ve been to Nigeria it’s been quite obvious…I’ve seen a white guy come into a restaurant and dictate what table he wants to sit at and the naija folks already seated there gladly say sorry and move for them to sit. As an outsider looking in these kinds of things were quite eye opening. Maybe things are changing but I didn’t really see anything different last December. In fact before some business meetings I was told many times to emphasize the fact that I’m from the US and ‘blow my phoney’ that they will always pick me before a local and would trust my expertise more…I was like oooo k…But like I said I’m an outsider looking in, but it seemed like those non-black folks didn’t even hide that they felt above the locals, it was quite annoying to see…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Lol.

Maybe the Nigerian contingent got to the room first and took their setas or vice versa?

Much ado about nothing.

What's even more poorer is we have a new coach with no introductory press conference to unveil him. Just an IG post. We know nothing about him, his philosophy....nothing. A shame.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Good question, if you hire a general contractor (with his team) for a project and assign owner reps/engineers with the contractor/team. Is that a master slave relationship? I'm really sorry to say this bro, I think you are the one projecting your inferiority complex due to your underlying insecurities. This is your subconscious mind at play here!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are making Uncle EII's point. He didn't say Nigerians in their late 60s didn't attend primary schools with white teachers (mostly indians) and black principal, which all of you are falling over yourselves to claim. He said Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal", which is more like white people (indians) used to come to my house. :D

None of you has said your child's school has white principal but you have never said so to anyone. Instead you are all claiming you went to school after Nigeria just gained independence when there were still foreigners teaching in Nigeria.
Lolly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm
Highbury

Thank you sir!

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.