NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:33 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 am Bro you and I know these crooks set this up just TO MAKE MONEY. That is how despicable these clowns are. They effed up hiring a coach and we just missed the WC to a mediocre Ghana team. Now they just double down on their stupidity and corruption.

In the past they would call up a US based player who wasn't even a real prospect just because we were short. Now the would block Nwobodo just to pimp a hb player in his place.

I'm truly disgusted. Where is Ejaria ? The guy has been cleared for ages yet no callup. We are truly a sick and disgraceful people. And we have clowns on this site pretending to be fans who support this garbage.

You do know that Peseiro's appointment was delayed so he COULDNT PICK THE SQUAD.

Shameless crooks, unfortunately a representation of the country called Nigeria.

I'd say I'm glad we missed Qatar, but these eeediots will even be emboldened to be worse.
There is an alternative explanation. It doesn’t have to be strictly about “corruption”.
You have a large body of members here on CE that are all for local quotas, some even expressing their views against foreign borns, believe it or not.
So they have nothing against all these NPFL call-ups which you keep insisting is about “corruption”.
Does that now make them corrupt too?
They have a different pov from yours. Simple.

If the NFF either hold the same position, or feel under intense pressure from fans (and maybe others) to include local players, then corruption isn’t the reason, or at least not the sole reason.
Granted, Nigerians want to eat their cake and have it, and will still find a way of justifying themselves even with egg on their faces (our recent shameful DOUBLE DNQ is a prime example), but you have to recognise that YOUR pov can be equally flawed and tbh, often is.

And when you are wrong, I don’t recall ever seeing you put your hand up and owning your wrongness. :idea:
Keep fooling yourself.

It is clear as day what is going on.

The evidence is all over. I dont have time to argue with those who want to make excuses.

For SOME forumers it may be about a silly fantasy about including home based. It's based on nothing tangible but just feelings.

Other forumers I suspect are agents or connected to them.

For the NFF we know they are marketing players, and they have always done this.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:55 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 am Bro you and I know these crooks set this up just TO MAKE MONEY. That is how despicable these clowns are. They effed up hiring a coach and we just missed the WC to a mediocre Ghana team. Now they just double down on their stupidity and corruption.

In the past they would call up a US based player who wasn't even a real prospect just because we were short. Now the would block Nwobodo just to pimp a hb player in his place.

I'm truly disgusted. Where is Ejaria ? The guy has been cleared for ages yet no callup. We are truly a sick and disgraceful people. And we have clowns on this site pretending to be fans who support this garbage.

You do know that Peseiro's appointment was delayed so he COULDNT PICK THE SQUAD.

I'd say I'm glad we missed Qatar, but these eeediots will even be emboldened to be worse.
There is an alternative explanation. It doesn’t have to be strictly about “corruption”.
You have a large body of members here on CE that are all for local quotas, some even expressing their views against foreign borns, believe it or not.
So they have nothing against all these NPFL call-ups which you keep insisting is about “corruption”.

If the NFF either hold the same position, or feel under intense pressure from fans (and maybe others) to include local players, then corruption isn’t the reason, or at least not the sole reason.
Granted, Nigerians want to eat their cake and have it, and will still find a way of justifying themselves even with egg on their faces (our recent shameful DOUBLE DNQ is a prime example), but you have to recognise that YOUR pov can be equally flawed and tbh, often is.

And when you are wrong, I don’t recall ever seeing you put your hand up and owning your wrongness. :idea:
Keep fooling yourself.

The evidence is all over. I dont have time to argue with those who want to make excuses.

For SOME forumers it may be about a silly fantasy about including home based. It's based on nothing tangible but just feelings.

VE never accepts his fault. I call it fake pride. When you question his statements or allegations he never defends them with facts. Instead, he claims his statements are obvious without any shredd of evidence to back his claim. .. 😂😂😂 Clearly, he is a person who has been severely scarred by his experience in Nigeria. Very very hurt I must tell you.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bret Fart, how do you know their immigration status? Are you their bad agent? :biggrin:
bret- hart wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:49 am Why cant they call up the likes of Malcolm Ebowei, Dele Bashiru, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Tosin Kehinde??? These guys dont need visa on short notice cos they are either live in the US or are dual citizens of a country that has visa free access to the USA. My Goodness the NFF are so %$#@^& dumb. Its like Kongi the dunce is the NFF scout. Good luck to the new coach. Welcome to the madness that is Nigeria.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So…the game is today? How una go take wash am?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:03 pm So…the game is today? How una go take wash am?
I have not seen such an agonizing lack of enthusiasm for a Nigerian match than this one :rotf:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:36 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:43 am
Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:06 am
Sunset wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:15 am
Lolly wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:53 pm
iworo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm
Any of these guys in the last Home-based squad that face Mexico last year?
None
So none of our best 22 Home-based players under a year ago is good enough to make the team but we have found some news ones to replace them? How does that make sense?

What was the point of wasting all that money to assemble the team and take them all the way to the US?
To be fair it's not that simple if we look at the amount of those guys that either moved abroad or are struggling with injuries this season, Not to mention our current setup isn't doing them any favours to begin with.

The turnover is a bit extreme but with the stage the league currently is right now, that would give an unfair advantage to their competitors in a period they could lose 3+ of their top players for at least 3 matchdays, that's probably why it's at most 2 players coming from one team.
So our next friendly would contain another new set of home-based players? You see why some of us are not sold on this home-based quota system? Something is just not right with it.
Nobody should be sold on any home-based quota for starters and moreso with the way it's being handled by our current NFF. One game a year isn't a method that will ensure continuity in building a squad of players plus the fact they are going to move abroad soon, luckily the CHAN qualifiers are at least coming up so there will be some respite.
Also a number of players that made this squad (Mbaoma, Adeyinka, Buhari) were overlooked for lesser players for that squad last year but maintained their consistency to the next season and have proven to be amongst the best. On the other hand the likes of Babatunde Bello & Rafiu were bench warmers last season at their clubs but this season, one is the leading topgoalscorer while the other has arguably been the best midfielder in the League.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:34 pm
iworo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm
None
So none of our best 22 Home-based players under a year ago is good enough to make the team but we have found some news ones to replace them? How does that make sense?

What was the point of wasting all that money to assemble the team and take them all the way to the US?
To be fair it's not that simple if we look at the amount of those guys that either moved abroad or are struggling with injuries this season, Not to mention our current setup isn't doing them any favours to begin with.

The turnover is a bit extreme but with the stage the league currently is right now, that would give an unfair advantage to their competitors in a period they could lose 3+ of their top players for at least 3 matchdays, that's probably why it's at most 2 players coming from one team.
So our next friendly would contain another new set of home-based players? You see why some of us are not sold on this home-based quota system? Something is just not right with it.
Nobody should be sold on any home-based quota for starters and moreso with the way it's being handled by our current NFF. One game a year isn't a method that will ensure continuity in building a squad of players plus the fact they are going to move abroad soon, luckily the CHAN qualifiers are at least coming up so there will be some respite.
Also a number of players that made this squad (Mbaoma, Adeyinka, Buhari) were overlooked for lesser players for that squad last year but maintained their consistency to the next season and have proven to be amongst the best. On the other hand the likes of Babatunde Bello & Rafiu were bench warmers last season at their clubs but this season, one is the leading topgoalscorer while the other has arguably been the best midfielder in the League.
The main issue I have is that not a single payer out of the 22 that came here in August last year made it into this squad. Just a bloody waste of scare resources. And more reasons to suspect foul play going on.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:41 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:34 pm

None

The main issue I have is that not a single payer out of the 22 that came here in August last year made it into this squad. Just a bloody waste of scare resources. And more reasons to suspect foul play going on.
But would that make it their birthright to make this team is my question? Some have struggled with injuries, form, etc this season that practically ruled them out of contention is my point. And 9 of those 22 players were either foreign based or would join a foreign team after this match anyway. Take Ndah that started for that same team, he made it to our AFCON squad and even debuted so there is "some" value to it, it would just be more valuable if it was more organized.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I can't find any TV channel broadcasting the match in Nigeria. Wetin man go do? :(
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Link: https://soccernet.ng/2022/05/its-reveng ... mping.html

“It’s revenge time” – Super Eagles star wants Mexico to pay for July thumping

El Tri were undoubtedly the better side the last time they squared up against the Nigerian national team in the United States

Super Eagles striker Victor Mbaoma has not forgotten or forgiven the 4-0 thrashing suffered by the home-based Eagles in the hand of the Mexican national team last July.

Matches between Nigeria and Mexico have always been close encounters, with the former Concacaf champions drawing each of their last four games against the Super Eagles. That was until the early hours of July 4, last year.

Parading a team largely made up of NPFL stars, former Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr watched helplessly as El Tri forced a huge defeat down the throat of his side inside the United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in California.

Goals from Funes Mori, Dos Santos, and Herrera (brace) condemned an Anayo Iwuala-skippered team to an embarrassing loss.

Enyimba striker Mbaoma was not in that team that showed little fight and no class against the North Americans, but he still holds a grudge for El Tri’s treatment of his colleagues.

And ahead of another Nigeria versus Mexico friendly in the United States, the 25-year-old is calling on his teammates to redeem the honour of the Eagles.

“It is revenge time for what Mexico did against us in last year’s friendly game,” Mbaoma told TheCable.

“The last year’s game was somehow for the team. We lost 4-0, and that really was bad. But this time around, we are out to avenge the loss.

“With the caliber of players we have in camp for this game? We are out to win against the El Tri of Mexico.”

New Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro will be aiming for victory in his first game in charge of the three-time African champions.

However, a long list of absences and withdrawals leaves the Portuguese with only 20 players to prosecute the match against Mexico.

El Tri are preparing for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar later in the year, while the Super Eagles are looking to qualify for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Ivory Coast.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:15 pm I can't find any TV channel broadcasting the match in Nigeria. Wetin man go do? :(
Ask Buhari to loan you one of the planes on the Presidential fleet. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 pm

Keep fooling yourself.

VE never accepts his fault. I call it fake pride. When you question his statements or allegations he never defends them with facts. Instead, he claims his statements are obvious without any shredd of evidence to back his claim. .. 😂😂😂 Clearly, he is a person who has been severely scarred by his experience in Nigeria. Very very hurt I must tell you.
... but in reality, VE has been correct in many of his rantings or positions he has taken. Personally, my only beef with VE is his tendency to start curing in a flash.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:15 pm I can't find any TV channel broadcasting the match in Nigeria. Wetin man go do? :(
Can you view this webpage in Nigeria? I can't tell because I am in the U.S and I can view it.
I believe they will be showing the match here but it will be in Spanish commentary:
https://www.tudn.com/futbol/amistoso/me ... 1653767359
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

return2k2 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:32 pm
Can you view this webpage in Nigeria? I can't tell because I am in the U.S and I can view it.
I believe they will be showing the match here but it will be in Spanish commentary:
Yes I can view it. I will try when match starts though I can’t see any video player yet.

Thanks.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:18 am
Yes I can view it. I will try when match starts though I can’t see any video player yet.

Thanks.
http://www.hesgoal.com/news/104426/Mexi ... geria.html
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:44 pm

Keep fooling yourself.

... but in reality, VE has been correct in many of his rantings or positions he has taken. Personally, my only beef with VE is his tendency to start curing in a flash.
Yes he has been right but he has also been wrong - like most of us.
Problem is he can be so extreme in his views that there is no room for an alternative standpoint and he will visit you with extreme verbal violence.
If this were religion, he’d be on the Nigerian terrorist watch list.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:25 am
Lolly wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:18 am

Thanks.
http://www.hesgoal.com/news/104426/Mexi ... geria.html
Thanks. I am in.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:55 am
Odas wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:44 pm

Keep fooling yourself.

Yes he has been right but he has also been wrong - like most of us.
Problem is he can be so extreme in his views that there is no room for an alternative standpoint and he will visit you with extreme verbal violence.
If this were religion, he’d be on the Nigerian terrorist watch list.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :agree: :agree: :agree: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

maceo4 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:20 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:06 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:50 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:49 am Why cant they call up the likes of Malcolm Ebowei, Dele Bashiru, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Tosin Kehinde??? These guys dont need visa on short notice cos they are either live in the US or are dual citizens of a country that has visa free access to the USA. My Goodness the NFF are so %$#@^& dumb. Its like Kongi the dunce is the NFF scout. Good luck to the new coach. Welcome to the madness that is Nigeria.
My brother I'm tired honestly...
My guy it is really shameful. Nwobodo is a 3hour flight away and these crooks will not call him on short notice. Ebowei is about to blow up like Olise and Eze. Mind you, the same NFF thieves dropped him from Naija's 2019 u17 team so that some politicians kid can get on that same squad. Now is the best time to call him up before England and Holland start looking his way but noo mba they would rather callup some homebased player via quota system that will end up in Uzbekistan and Libya next season. All they care about is making money not improving the Super Eagles or Nigerian Football in general. :sleep: :sleep: :boo:
Someone needs to pass the info to them before it’s too late haba…
The team/technical staff was WELL AWARE of Nwobodo before Saturday's game. For reasons best known to them, they chose not to bring him.

I have my idea why. But hey.....what do I know?