NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NO CAMP NEWS ? EKONG & MOSES ARE EARLY ARRIVALS

Post by 1naija »

Pesserio is sitting on the Nigeria side, or is he not?
Cellular wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:28 pm
As for the seating arrangements, it also shows a lack of awareness on the part of the coach. You have to be mindful of diversity, inclusiveness, and equity... yes, even in seating arrangements. I know it is being pedantic but it does help to be mindful of it.

As for Pinnick, yes, he does worship anything foreign especially oyibo... his precedents affirm such.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Hmmm! I wonder where purity got this inside scoop on Okoye from. :D :D
iworo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

iworo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm
You might need to check the date of some of the tweets you posted cause they're inaccurate
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm You are making Uncle EII's point. He didn't say Nigerians in their late 60s didn't attend primary schools with white teachers (mostly indians) and black principal, which all of you are falling over yourselves to claim. He said Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal", which is more like white people (indians) used to come to my house. :D

None of you has said your child's school has white principal but you have never said so to anyone. Instead you are all claiming you went to school after Nigeria just gained independence when there were still foreigners teaching in Nigeria.
Lolly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 pm
highbury wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am Look at the optics: master over slave. You can already see the segregation, whites one side, blacks one side. The day Nigeria will get good leaders, the day Nigeria's light will start to shine. Imagine in 2022, we are still having this archaic thing as a foreign coach. African leaders dumb sha
Highbury

It is a deep-seated psyche. It is embedded and it is mental. Think: why is it that Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal"
Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
You need to deal with your psyche!
Thank you sir!

I find it strange reading comments on CE about Nigerians accepting the white man’s superiority. And I know it usually comes from our brothers living in the US.

As you said, whites have worked under Nigerians here from many years ago. My dad had foreigners work under him here and they used to come to our house regularly. The even looked up to us. So I don’t get where people get this idea from.

Any employer wants to recruit the best fit for a role they are filing. They have their criteria which outsiders are not privy to. Amaju has stated why he prefers a foreign coach. In his words, there are things he sees which others not close to the team don’t see. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to the conclusion of how he worships the white man. In this day and age? A beg.
I'm sure the folks commenting know the difference between Indians and white people.
I am happy
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

My online research on two of the three new assistants:

Acácio Santos (Asst Coach)

Full name: Acácio Dimas Marques dos Santos
Date of Birth: Jul 21, 1980
Place of Birth: Beja Portugal
Citizenship: Portugal
Avg. term as coach: 0.98 Years
Coaching Licence: UEFA Pro Licence
Preferred formation: 4-2-3-1
Former player of: Vasco da Gama (Retired July 1, 2006)
Last Position: Manager of UD Santarém (Date left: Oct 25, 2021)

Experience:
  • Head Coach at U21 Negeri Sembilan
  • Head Coach at Vasco da Gama Vidigueira (Portuguese 3rd Division)
  • Assistant Coach at Vitória FC (Portuguese 1st League)
  • Assistant Coach at UD Leiria (Portuguese 1st League)
  • Assistant Coach at Levadiakos FC (Greek F1st League)
  • Assistant Coach at Negeri Sembilan (Malay 1st League)
  • Assistant Coach at Episkopi FC (Greek 1st League)
  • Technical Director at Football Portuguese Federation state of Beja
  • Technical Director at SL Benfica Youth Academy City of Beja

Vitor Hugo (Scout & Football Analyst)

Full name: Vitor Hugo Dos Anjos
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: Amparo Brazil
Avg. term as Analyst: Since Jul 2019
Coaching Licence: Performance Analyst in Base Categories (CBF Academy)
Education: Amparense University Center - Unifia (Graduated, Physical Education 2012 - 2015)
Last Position: Football Analyst for Amparo Athlético Club

Experience:

Two years of experience with performance analysis. He has been working at all levels of competition (amateur and professional teams), analyzing both collectively and individually team and the opposing team. He has experience in the entire analysis process, from the creation of protocols to their operationalization. Knowledge for technological development and infrastructure for a complete sector of performance analysis.

- Since 2016 graduated in Physical Education (Bachelor and Degree);
- Since 2012 working with football in the grassroots categories and social projects;
- Since 2019 working in the Professional Category in football.

Certified by the CBF Academy as a Performance Analyst in the Grassroots Categories
Last edited by iworo on Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:36 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:16 pm I think you have to had grown up in the west to think Nigerians have an inferiority complex to Oyinbos. We really don’t. If anything, we over rate ourselves sometimes and fail to see our own flaws. But the thing we are famous of, all over the continent, is our sense of confidence and superiority over anyone else.

Naija no dey carry last.

What is clear though is that we like oyinbo to be our servant. That’s why NFF folks love foreign coaches. “I have a white man working for me”. As kids we always used to say “when I grow up, I want a White House Boy named Frank”.
This is all very interesting to read, esp as it doesn’t vibe with what I witnessed just last December? I’m an outsider looking in and what I saw was in the general public in Nigeria foreigners (esp non-blacks) were being treated way better than the locals. The few times I’ve been to Nigeria it’s been quite obvious…I’ve seen a white guy come into a restaurant and dictate what table he wants to sit at and the naija folks already seated there gladly say sorry and move for them to sit. As an outsider looking in these kinds of things were quite eye opening. Maybe things are changing but I didn’t really see anything different last December. In fact before some business meetings I was told many times to emphasize the fact that I’m from the US and ‘blow my phoney’ that they will always pick me before a local and would trust my expertise more…I was like oooo k…But like I said I’m an outsider looking in, but it seemed like those non-black folks didn’t even hide that they felt above the locals, it was quite annoying to see…
Big fat lie!

The only place I have seen such rubbish is Johannesburg. You can’t try that in Nigeria, at least not in Lagos. Unless you are referring to a mama put and not a proper restaurant. The foreigner’s here are very mindful and respectful of the locals, in fact too much. If you try that here, you will cause a scene. Other diners will jump in and tell the Oyinbo to go and find his own table.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles Update: Iwobi, 12 other players arrive camp ahead of Mexico, Ecuador friendlies

Aside from Iwobi, the England based duo of Semi Ajayi and William Troost-Ekong are in the Super Eagles camp for the Mexico and Ecuador friendlies.

ByTunde Eludini May 26, 2022

The camp of the Nigeria national football team in the United States is already bubbling with 13 players already on the ground for the upcoming friendly matches against Mexico and Ecuador national teams.

Topping the list of arrivals is Everton midfielder Alex Iwobi who is making a return to the Super Eagles since his infamous red card at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

The former Arsenal star was sent off in the Super Eagles’ Afcon Round of 16 clash against Tunisia in which Nigeria eventually lost 1-0 to the Carthage Eagles.

The red card in Garoua saw Iwobi miss out on the crucial World Cup playoff duels against the Black Stars of Ghana in Kumasi and Abuja.

Fresh from helping Everton escape relegation from the Premier League, Iwobi will hope to hit the ground running under Super Eagles’ new manager Jose Peseiro who is also on the ground with his new assistants.

Aside from Iwobi, one of Nigeria’s top performers in Europe this season, Moses Simon has also arrived in the Super Eagles camp

Simon who recently celebrated hitting 100 appearances for Nantes helped the club to win the French Cup.

The England based duo of Semi Ajayi and William Troost Ekong are in camp as well as Ola Aina who plies his trade in Italy with Torino.

The other seven players whose arrival in camp have been confirmed are the NPFL stars invited for the double header.

The team had dinner with the head coach, Jose Peseiro present.

Peseiro later had a brief meeting with his entire coaching staff.

Three-time African champions, Nigeria will face off against Mexico and Ecuador ‘A’ Teams in the start to Peseiro’s regime.

The Eagles will tango with the El Tri at the AT & T Stadium in Dallas on Saturday, May 28 before flying to New Jersey to confront Ecuador at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison on Thursday, June 2.

The Super Eagles will have their first training session at 6pm(Dallas,Texas time) on Thursday.

Full list of 13 players in Camp: Adewale Adeyinka (Akwa United); Ojo Olorunleke (Enyimba FC), Ibrahim Buhari (Plateau United), Chiamaka Madu (Rivers United), Ishaq Rafiu (Rivers United), Victor Mbaoma (Enyimba FC), Faisal Sanni(Katsina United), Babatunde Bello( Akwa United), Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy), Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England), William Ekong (Watford FC, England), Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France), Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England).

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/f ... dlies.html
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

1naija wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 pm You are making Uncle EII's point. He didn't say Nigerians in their late 60s didn't attend primary schools with white teachers (mostly indians) and black principal, which all of you are falling over yourselves to claim. He said Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal", which is more like white people (indians) used to come to my house. :D

None of you has said your child's school has white principal but you have never said so to anyone. Instead you are all claiming you went to school after Nigeria just gained independence when there were still foreigners teaching in Nigeria.
Lolly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:23 pm
highbury wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am Look at the optics: master over slave. You can already see the segregation, whites one side, blacks one side. The day Nigeria will get good leaders, the day Nigeria's light will start to shine. Imagine in 2022, we are still having this archaic thing as a foreign coach. African leaders dumb sha
Highbury

It is a deep-seated psyche. It is embedded and it is mental. Think: why is it that Nigerians love to tell you "my child's school has a white principal"
Which Nigerians told you that? I went to primary school and secondary school in Nigeria with a lot of white teachers, however, the headmistress and principal of both schools were Nigerians. That upbringing has made me never to have any inferiority complex when dealing with white people.
Thank you sir!

I find it strange reading comments on CE about Nigerians accepting the white man’s superiority. And I know it usually comes from our brothers living in the US.

As you said, whites have worked under Nigerians here from many years ago. My dad had foreigners work under him here and they used to come to our house regularly. The even looked up to us. So I don’t get where people get this idea from.

Any employer wants to recruit the best fit for a role they are filing. They have their criteria which outsiders are not privy to. Amaju has stated why he prefers a foreign coach. In his words, there are things he sees which others not close to the team don’t see. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump to the conclusion of how he worships the white man. In this day and age? A beg.
I know you Americans refer to Indians as whites. Same same.

And to be clear, the foreigners I referred to are British and Japanese. And they were housed in VI. Feel free to decipher what kind of work they were doing here.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

iworo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:26 pm Image
Chidi Nwanu still in the set up? I wonder what his role is this time round.

Isn’t this quite large contingent from Nigeria?

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:24 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:16 pm I think you have to had grown up in the west to think Nigerians have an inferiority complex to Oyinbos. We really don’t. If anything, we over rate ourselves sometimes and fail to see our own flaws. But the thing we are famous of, all over the continent, is our sense of confidence and superiority over anyone else.

Naija no dey carry last.

What is clear though is that we like oyinbo to be our servant. That’s why NFF folks love foreign coaches. “I have a white man working for me”. As kids we always used to say “when I grow up, I want a White House Boy named Frank”.
This is all very interesting to read, esp as it doesn’t vibe with what I witnessed just last December? I’m an outsider looking in and what I saw was in the general public in Nigeria foreigners (esp non-blacks) were being treated way better than the locals. The few times I’ve been to Nigeria it’s been quite obvious…I’ve seen a white guy come into a restaurant and dictate what table he wants to sit at and the naija folks already seated there gladly say sorry and move for them to sit. As an outsider looking in these kinds of things were quite eye opening. Maybe things are changing but I didn’t really see anything different last December. In fact before some business meetings I was told many times to emphasize the fact that I’m from the US and ‘blow my phoney’ that they will always pick me before a local and would trust my expertise more…I was like oooo k…But like I said I’m an outsider looking in, but it seemed like those non-black folks didn’t even hide that they felt above the locals, it was quite annoying to see…
Big fat lie!

The only place I have seen such rubbish is Johannesburg. You can’t try that in Nigeria, at least not in Lagos. Unless you are referring to a mama put and not a proper restaurant. The foreigner’s here are very mindful and respectful of the locals, in fact too much. If you try that here, you will cause a scene. Other diners will jump in and tell the Oyinbo to go and find his own table.
Would someone from the USA with ajebutter stomach be eating in a mama put? I'm talking about a proper restaurant in Lagos, why would I lie? I saw it with my own two eyes...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly et al, when Governors and Ministers dey monitor ongoing project (majority) of the time na expats dey always take government people around and give update. why?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

One word .... Estacode!

Walmart and Ross in Arlington go hear wehn this weekend.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Highbury

LOL. One of them is actually gunning to be Nigeria's next President. Have you asked why there are increasingly new schools established in Nigeria with the Principal position reserved for a European? You certainly appear to be out of touch with what is taking place in Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Highbury

It's a sad sight to see. Sadly, we have people here in CE who are imprisoned by that psyche. Passero will not achieve anything in tangible. I hope I am wrong
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Seems like Adeleye had issues getting a visa
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:41 pm [tweet][/tweet]
Seems like Adeleye had issues getting a visa
Who were they fooling saying he asked to be excused, abeg you dropped bruh, now that Okoye and co can't make it, suddenly he is no longer asking to be excused?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Naija no dey carry last.

That sounds like Zanzibar, not Nigeria.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Everyone wants to show off the Oyinbo, like I said, we like the idea of them working for us. So in business meetings, sure, folks might ask to hear the Oyinbo.

But your restaurant story? That one I find hard to believe. Oyinbo that tries that one in any establishment I’ve been to would regret every setting foot in the country. I’ve seen them dealt with for less. In other parts of Africa, sure. I’ve seen it in Cape Town, Zanzibar, Dakar.

But that’s not a thing any foreigner would try in Nigeria
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NO CAMP NEWS ?

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:20 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:45 am
Lolly wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 am
1naija wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:05 pm

That's like landing in PH from Abuja.
So they should have waited till Thursday before leaving home. But guess why they landed early?
Lolly once in a while accept you are clueless. Mexico is next door to Texas. That's practically what 1naija is trying to tell you
And you think I don’t know where Mexico is and how far it is to Texas? You are really slow. :lol:

And since they are that close, why are they arriving so early when they could stroll across a day or two before the match? Please tell me.
Lolly

I hope it is clear that the games are NOT the most critical for Nigeria during this window. The two critical games are the ones to be played in Africa.
Only Nigerians believe preparation is not important. And friendlies after the shambles of these past few months is not critical? Same thing we did at AFCON not playing any friendlies before the tournament. Na Sidon look mode I dey.
Lolly

The point is that I would rather we win the competitive games only than win the friendlies and drop points in the competitive ones. In essence, I will be concerned when these dropouts indicate that they will be absent for the competitive games as well.
You are not making any point! I'm sure CEs know that a qualifier against Lesotho is more important than a friendly against France or Brazil.
You try to downplay the importance of preparations and got caught out and you resort to your usual semantics!
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:14 pm

Naija no dey carry last.

That sounds like Zanzibar, not Nigeria.
Now, don’t get me wrong. Everyone wants to show off the Oyinbo, like I said, we like the idea of them working for us. So in business meetings, sure, folks might ask to hear the Oyinbo.

But your restaurant story? That one I find hard to believe. Oyinbo that tries that one in any establishment I’ve been to would regret every setting foot in the country. I’ve seen them dealt with for less. In other parts of Africa, sure. I’ve seen it in Cape Town, Zanzibar, Dakar.

But that’s not a thing any foreigner would try in Nigeria
I’m not saying the white guys came and removed them, they were asked to move by the waiter, they asked why, the waiter talked to them (I couldn’t hear what he said) but they agreed to move gestured like ‘no wahala’ and then these white guys take their seat. I was confused like huh. Maybe I read the situ wrong but that’s what I saw and was like hmmm, that wouldn’t be me…

But besides that there so many scenarios where I see the sambo shucking and jiving to whitey from the airport when you land and on. You guys are kinda painting a very different picture to what I and those with me saw from the common man…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Back to the matter
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oyek wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:32 am
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved