What's the deal with Chidera Ejuke? Was he dropped from Super Eagles?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

return2k2
Egg
Egg
What's the deal with Chidera Ejuke? Was he dropped from Super Eagles?

Post by return2k2 »

Ever since his feature in Nigeria vs Egypt and Nigeria vs Guinea-Bissau matches in AFCON 2021, we didn't see him play again in the rest of the other AFCON matches Nigeria played or even in our World Cup qualifier matches against Ghana, and now I don't think that Ejuke was even invited to the friendlies that we will be having with Mexico and Ecuador.

What's the deal with Ejuke?
Was Eguavoen scared to bring him on for the rest of the AFCON 2021 matches because he felt that Ejuke was selfish and would be a risk to the team?
Was Ejuke dropped from the squad?
Why was he not invited for the friendlies or was he even invited?
Last edited by return2k2 on Fri May 27, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What's the deal with Chidera Ejuke? Was he dropped from Super Eagles?

Post by vancity eagle »

Nigeria does not do anything that makes sense.

How Ejuke cannot even be called up with all these withdrawls.

We went into a do or die affair with Ghana and Chuks was injured. Off the bench there was no Ejuke, it was Musa to come on

We still call Musa. What a disgrace.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

Ejuke doesn't play to instructions. He is only there for self gratification and plays to the gallery. Think Eguavoen was pissed off with him.
No Escape
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 pm Ejuke doesn't play to instructions. He is only there for self gratification and plays to the gallery. Think Eguavoen was pissed off with him.
You said your diabolical opinion but you make it sound like you are speaking for Egu or EGU spoke for you; which is it since you can’t stand for yourself
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Link: https://soccernet.ng/2022/01/afcon-2021 ... nisia.html

AFCON 2021: Eguavoen admits he made a mistake with Ejuke in Nigeria’s loss to Tunisia

The CSKA Moscow winger played two games in the group stages but was nowhere to be found in the match against the Carthage Eagles

Super Eagles interim coach Austin Eguavoen has admitted that he was wrong to leave Chidera Ejuke out of the squad that lost to Tunisia in the second round of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Nigeria crashed out of the 2021 AFCON following a 1-0 loss to the Carthage Eagles in the round of 16 on Sunday night.

The Super Eagles had been brilliant in the group stages, but they struggled to break down a well-organised Tunisian defence.

Nigeria’s attacking threat in the group stages came from the wings, but the lively Moses Simon was kept quiet while Samuel Chukwueze struggled throughout the minutes he played.

Although Eguavoen made a couple of changes from the bench, he could not bring on Ejuke, who was one of the creative players in the squad.

Ejuke made a cameo against Egypt in the opening match, while he started against Guinea-Bissau, but he was not on the bench against Tunisia.

Eguavoen has now admitted it was a mistake to leave him out as he could have solved Nigeria’s problems in the attacking third.

“I think it was a mistake on my part not dressing Chidera Ejuke for the game against Tunisia,” Eguavoen said after the game.

“I take responsibility for whatever that happened at the round of 16,” he added.

The Super Eagles will now turn their attention to the 2022 World Cup playoffs, where they will face Ghana across two legs.

The winner of the tie will join the other four African teams in the other fixtures to represent Africa at the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

jette1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm
Silver-Shadow wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 pm Ejuke doesn't play to instructions. He is only there for self gratification and plays to the gallery. Think Eguavoen was pissed off with him.
You said your diabolical opinion but you make it sound like you are speaking for Egu or EGU spoke for you; which is it since you can’t stand for yourself
Silver-Shadow is right. Your boy is a Choosin Material.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ademola Lookman happened
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It ain’t easy getting out of Russia these days.
OCCUPY NFF!!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'll honestly take Victor Moses ahead of Ejuke
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The boy deserves a few more chances. Eguavoen did not help.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:44 pm The boy deserves a few more chances. Eguavoen did not help.
Lolly

I do not believe that is the issue at all!!

Football is not isolated from world politics and conflict. Please do not forget that Russia is essentially a Pariah nation at the moment. Travel to and from Russia is currently an issue. This was given as an excuse for Ejuke's exclusion from the squad that played against Ghana, if I recall correctly. I suspect that it remains an issue now.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics