SE 1 V MEXICO 2. FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE 1 V MEXICO 2. FT

Post by jette1 »

Uzoho still no be am
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

people are still supporting SE? lol
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE 1 V MEXICO 2

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:13 am
jette1 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:12 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:08 am Game over better team won
Won what; this is not even our full team and our own goal doesn’t count. It’s 1-1
Really? Ok-oooo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol I dunno for that guy
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

highbury wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:11 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:05 am Yeah the home based project definitely ends now
You must be full of complete shiiit!!! You saw another game. Oyinbo prostitute
I agree with Tobi. They are not grooming sh*t. If they are serious some of the HB players that played against Mexico should’ve be in this team. They are using them for marketing purposes which is despicable.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:15 am
highbury wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:00 am He hugs his subs till late like Grandpa Rohr
He has no subs to bring on.

All JUNK on the bench.

the homebased guys were embarassing. Clear difference between the 2 sets of players.
Lol the number 8 at least showed for the ball in midfield and didn’t really put a foot wrong, the other ones were….somehow lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:17 am
highbury wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:11 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:05 am Yeah the home based project definitely ends now
You must be full of complete shiiit!!! You saw another game. Oyinbo prostitute
I agree with Tobi. They are not grooming sh*t. If they are serious some of the HB players that played against Mexico should’ve be in this team. They are using them for marketing purposes which is despicable.
That makes at least 2 of you
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

My takeaways

Iwobi, Aribo, Bassey BALLED. Iwobi needs to be better with his end product though, but he helps control the midfield and drive forward.

Anybody who is still hating on Aribo at this point is a fool. The guy is a certified baller, if only we could have others with even half of his quality.

Bassey is a future superstar.

Dessers I like, should be in the mix

THE BAD

Moses Simon is useless, this guy needs to be dropped permanently, he offers nothing, and he has had A MILLION chances. Done with this wastepipe.

Troost is shaky as hell, and hasn't played and it showed, shouldn't be starting, or captain.

Moffi was whack, missed another sitter. He's done, we move on, he should never have been called ahead of Awoniyi.

Homebased Players were whack. You could see the clear difference in quality. Shooting from the sidelines, what kind of amateur nonsense was that.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:09 am
packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:08 am Is Iwobi playing with an oxygen tank strapped to his back? I’m impressed with his stamina in this game. Dude is everywhere on offense & defense.
For all his graft his final ball let’s him down over and over…
too much, Aribo did the same stamina wise and his final ball was on point, Iwobi is really getting close to becoming a bench player, once SE gets a CM that compliments Aribo
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 am Do the 2 that are on look like they belong?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 am These homebased no be am. Let's just end that chapter and pick the best all the time. Let them make it ro food teams like the others.
packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:04 am The play of these HB players tells you all you need to know about the state of the NPL.
Exactly! We were winning until the HB players came on...oh wait
At least we would not have lost if not for the HB own goal...oh wait
Anyway, trailing in added time, the HB players were passing backwards and sideways...oh wait!

The HB players were definitely NOT the problem...
In fact, 2 of them (#8 and #17) were BETTER than the players they replaced.

#8 (Madu?) understood to move and show for the ball, while Bonke was a potted plant...
And #17 tried to run at and take on defenders, instead of simply turning around and passing BACKWARDS!

Funny though how the same folks pleading that the team has only been together for a few days and playing under a new coach who has only had the team for a few days in his first game, are not extending the same benefit of the doubt to HB players, but declaring "the project definitely ends now" on the basis of 20 minutes or less of football. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

That number 17 needs to start in the next game. Dude plays real Nigerian soccer. Reminds me of Finidi George
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 amHomebased Players were whack. You could see the clear difference in quality. Shooting from the sidelines, what kind of amateur nonsense was that.
At least they tried shooting...
They didn't piss around for an entire half admiring the pitch. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:26 am
truetalk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 am Do the 2 that are on look like they belong?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 am These homebased no be am. Let's just end that chapter and pick the best all the time. Let them make it ro food teams like the others.
packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:04 am The play of these HB players tells you all you need to know about the state of the NPL.
Exactly! We were winning until the HB players came on...oh wait
At least we would not have lost if not for the HB own goal...oh wait
Anyway, trailing in added time, the HB players were passing backwards and sideways...oh wait!

The HB players were definitely NOT the problem...
In fact, 2 of them (#8 and #17) were BETTER than the players they replaced.

#8 (Madu?) understood to move and show for the ball, while Bonke was a potted plant...
And #17 tried to run at and take on defenders, instead of simply turning around and passing BACKWARDS!

Funny though how the same folks pleading that the team has only been together for a few days and playing under a new coach who has only had the team for a few days in his first game, are not extending the same benefit of the doubt to HB players, but declaring "the project definitely ends now" on the basis of 20 minutes or less of football. SMDH
Yep, I liked number 8, at least played like a midfielder is supposed to, 17 though messed up his game with that stupid shot, very agric to say the least lol…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I liked what i saw from Madu and Ishaq.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I must confess that I was very impressed with Bassey, especially in the 2nd half.

Dessers was by far the better of him and Murphy. He deserves another look.

We should keep Iwobi and Aribo.

Ekong has slowed down a lot but we don’t have anyone reliable to replace him. Maybe we should take another look at Ndah and start to look closely at Ozonwafor❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:28 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 amHomebased Players were whack. You could see the clear difference in quality. Shooting from the sidelines, what kind of amateur nonsense was that.
At least they tried shooting...
They didn't piss around for an entire half admiring the pitch. SMH
shooting from the touchlines is amateur. Especially on a counter attack,

Complete rubbish.

If you think only the HB were rubbish think again. Have I not been calling out junks like Moses Simon for years ?

We need more players like Iwobi, Aribo, Bassey

not players like Simon, Bonke, or any of those homebased junks.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

This coach is clearly more progressive and in-tune with modern footy than anyone we’ve had since Oliseh at least. He will improve the team and get good results. He would have easily beaten Ghana to the World Cup ticket even if the play-offs were his first games with the team. You can see that he reads games and adjusts/reacts in real time. Eguavoen is such a moron.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:15 am people are still supporting SE? lol
What do you mean? Is the Super-eagles (SE) not our team?
Last edited by Odas on Sun May 29, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:17 amI agree with Tobi. They are not grooming sh*t. If they are serious some of the HB players that played against Mexico should’ve be in this team. They are using them for marketing purposes which is despicable.
Or perhaps they brought along those currently on top form...
Instead of "marketing" some FB players who haven't played for their clubs in months. Despicable!
Last edited by Gotti on Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

The notion of always trying to find faults in home based is SICK! MENTAL!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

highbury wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:35 am The notion of always trying to find faults in home based is SICK! MENTAL!
My guy sharrap. If you see Naija boy wey good pass Messi in Barca and homebased you go pick homebased abi? Eeeediot
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The home based players weren’t half bad. They definitely need some more exposure. #s 7, 8 and 17 stood out among the home based❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun May 29, 2022 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

bret- hart wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:38 am
highbury wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:35 am The notion of always trying to find faults in home based is SICK! MENTAL!
My guy sharrap. If you see Naija boy wey good pass Messi in Barca and homebased you go pick homebased abi? Eeeediot
My guy, go and sit down for toilet
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:30 am shooting from the touchlines is amateur. Especially on a counter attack,
Exactly! Iwobi's sky-high effort and whatever it was Moffi did was more "professional"...
Reality is MOST players will make poor choices occasionally. Has NOTHING to do with being HB.

Overall, even in the few minutes he played, he was one of our BETTER players.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL