EKONG needs to find a new club ASAP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
EKONG needs to find a new club ASAP

Post by Tobi17 »

The guy is fast becoming an embrassment honestly
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EKONG needs to find a new club ASAP

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Stop overreacting

. His timing and sense of positioning were obviously not the sharpest. These players are not machines, they're susceptible to errors when not in form. Troost has gone to a WC and 2 Afcons without scoring an own goal if my memory serves me right. He's obviously in the later stages of his SE career, this is not the time to discard him after a meaningless game.

In the last 4 games we've had 3 major errors, one of them by Uzoho who had a good game today. If we throw them away there'll be nobody left. Let Troost leave SE on good terms.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

He's found his level...
An honest trier, but little else.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekong has not been good enough for the SE in a long time and many of us have been saying it.
Our problem is that we do not have an able replacement just yet.
Ndah, Ozonwafor need to be tested again.
When Bassey was invited and had a shaky first game or two, na so una dey laff am, because he was a Rohr “innit” boy.
Shay you see am now?
Balogun is no longer a guaranteed starter unless we drop Ekong which I wouldn’t mind at all…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:24 am Ekong has not been good enough for the SE in a long time and many of us have been saying it.
When Bassey was invited and had a shaky first game or two, na so una dey laff am, because he was a Rohr “innit” boy.
Shay you see am now?
Balogun is no longer a guaranteed starter unless we drop Ekong which I wouldn’t mind at all…
It's time to move on from the Oyinbo wall, it was fun while it lasted but that wall has long fallen flat like the saggy tits of a 90 year old granny...Ekong in particular is simply riding on charity football for the NT at this point...the man is literally a bench warmer at a club that just got relegated, that says it all.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:39 am Stop overreacting

. His timing and sense of positioning were obviously not the sharpest. These players are not machines, they're susceptible to errors when not in form. Troost has gone to a WC and 2 Afcons without scoring an own goal if my memory serves me right. He's obviously in the later stages of his SE career, this is not the time to discard him after a meaningless game.

In the last 4 games we've had 3 major errors, one of them by Uzoho who had a good game today. If we throw them away there'll be nobody left. Let Troost leave SE on good terms.
He scored a similar own goal for Algeria in the semi final of AFCON 2019.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The truth is while Ekong may not be sharp because of lack of playing time, he really has never been a comfortable player encountering a ball. It has nothing to do with the stage of his career. Many of you forget that only the Nigerian crossbar prevented him from scoring an owngoal in his debut under Stephen Keshi. He simply is who he is. In my view, the center backs are historically below par inspite of few moments of good play as we saw at the recent AFCON.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:24 am Ekong has not been good enough for the SE in a long time and many of us have been saying it.
Shay you see am now?
His Master's Voice, Calvin never played a minute under Rohr... :oops:
That Secret Agent nearly cost us Bassey's services by refusing to play him even in DEAD-RUBBER game! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:53 am He's found his level...
An honest trier, but little else.
Definitely. Sums him up. Likeable guy. We need someone else to step up to a higher level.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:00 am
Shay you see am now?
His Master's Voice, Calvin never played a minute under Rohr... :oops:
That Secret Agent nearly cost us Bassey's services by refusing to play him even in DEAD-RUBBER game! SMH
Mr Sophistry
Your 'sophisticated' English comprehension don desert you? :taunt:
Where did you see me state that he actually "played' under Rohr? Ooops!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But I understand. You need to have that your gotya! moment, innit?
Not this time bro. Try harder. And be a bit more patient. Its not that serious.

Bassey was a Rohr 'innit' boy. So when he had a shaky first game, na so una dey laff am. That first game didn't have to have been under Rohr just cos he first invited him - and it wasn't. There was a whole discussion on why he was invited and not used.
The usual Rohr bashing. Maybe you were part of it?
No? :thumb:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

See them, do yall have any ready made alternatives?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 amMr Sophistry
Where did you see me state that he actually "played' under Rohr? Ooops!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bassey was a Rohr 'innit' boy. So when he had a shaky first game, na so una dey laff am. That first game didn't have to have been under Rohr just cos he first invited him - and it wasn't. There was a whole discussion on why he was invited and not used.
Blah, blah, blah... :lol:
Rohr is in our back mirror, the less you dredged up that Nightmare the better. Thanks in advance.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:27 am

Rohr is in our back mirror, the less you dredged up that Nightmare the better. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, he is. At least you got that one right. :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:27 am

a slave will never forget his master :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?